News: Character Creations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

big truck
Dragon

Post by big truck »

[:)]

Unfortunately my max still don't work under Win XP[B)][:(]...

I have tried to d/l the last drivers of my graphic card (6800GT), I removed too all the others programs that were running in the task bar... the installation of max2.5 refuses to initialize when I launch for the first time.

I have a message box that says: "L'application n'a pas réussi à s'initialiser correctement (0xc0000005). Clicker OK pour arrêter l'application.".

If I translate, it is: "the program failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to stop the program".

And I have not the .ini file, max2.5 is stopped before building this file.

Maybe should I install an other version of MAX, as you did I think, and the version 2.5 will run... I have not HEIDI, how did you install it?

However, I must find a solution, but for the moment I have no ideas. TP and yourself can use MAX2.5 under XP, so there ought to be a solution[8)]...

If anybody has an idea?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Don't ya just hate it when that happens.[}:)]

Have you tried moving it to a different place? It probably won't make any difference, but WTF.[:I] The HEIDI thing comes with the program I think. Iy's not something I have installed seperetely.

If you do happen to have a later version of the prog ([;)]), you can always make stuff with that and Export to 3DS format. I think as long as you don't use some updated feature then it should import into v2.5.
You can always send me the file and I'll re-export it to .BOD. Not the ideal situation but the files are quite small.[8)]

btw. TP. I can't extract the 2 max help files.[:(]. It installs to 99% and then I get an error. [|)]

'kin computers.[B)]

I am going to teach the Legomen to chuck bricks now. LOL

Jolaes
Whelp

Post by Jolaes »

Hey guys,
how many of these new characters will you put in new maps?
Will they appear in Fugitive IV or any upcoming releases?[:p]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hello Pro ,

Do you speak about Kinetix tutorial 2 and tutorial 3 , so i have test to download them and extract them and no problem So ?????

Great progress on your legoman

Blade Script :

After detach atach rename tool , i have made a tool for make auto link all the members , auto link the Anchors , and auto Link Edges ,
One other way more hard to do will to make a tool for auto orients the Axis of members and Anchors .
<font color="red">Did someone of the Arokh's Lair Members have notion of scripting in MAX for help me ?</font id="red">

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by big truck</i>

Unfortunately my max still don't work under Win XP[B)][:(]...

I have tried to d/l the last drivers of my graphic card (6800GT), I removed too all the others programs that were running in the task bar... the installation of max2.5 refuses to initialize when I launch for the first time.

I have a message box that says: "L'application n'a pas réussi à s'initialiser correctement (0xc0000005). Clicker OK pour arrêter l'application.".

If I translate, it is: "the program failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to stop the program".

And I have not the .ini file, max2.5 is stopped before building this file.

Maybe should I install an other version of MAX, as you did I think, and the version 2.5 will run... I have not HEIDI, how did you install it?

However, I must find a solution, but for the moment I have no ideas. TP and yourself can use MAX2.5 under XP, so there ought to be a solution[8)]...

If anybody has an idea?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

you can use Max 5.1 to model save to 3ds format and import the model to Max 2.5, that was the way that i made my sword, if you don´t want to rig caracters them you can use a more user friendly app like Wings3D that is free and very powerfull but for the time being don´t have support for caracter riging and animation.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

TP.

I have got the tuts installed now.[:)] I had the folders on the desktop and apparently windows didn't like installing from there.

Legoman works quite well. I made his hand slightly wrong in the mesh so his arms are a bit twisted. Also there is a gap between his 'Ass' bits and the Center.[:0]. But he walks about OK with Golem animations
and I have added dwarf/knight 1H attacks. He even creates lego bricks and throws them.

btw. Nasher works great as Player. At the mo I only have Barb moves but I want customise him with extra abilities. Maybe give him some spear moves and I have an idea for throwing javelins in a more accurate and natural way. The SturmTP_N model also works well. (I call him 'Wilf'). I put him in FugitiveIV just to test him (as Ally).
If it is OK with you I will keep him there.[8D]. Big spiders now have
close range venom/electric attacks and long range venom (very accurate).

btw. If anyone is wondering..... Legoman is a test character only. He is not intended for 'serious' maps. The simple form and bright colours
are so that you can see how the mesh and textures behave. (He is highly entertaining. Perhaps someone could make a map for kids.[:D])

BT. Have you been driving though my map with an 18-wheeler? [;)]

big truck
Dragon

Post by big truck »

Oh! I know now why it seem to me that I heard something like two "clangs boingggs", before falling in the ravine [B)][B)][:o)]

[:D][:D]

Sorry for the two Legomen[xx(], I promise I'll be care next time [:D][:D][:D]

klawz
Whelp

Post by klawz »

So, this guy with the poney-tail haircut is called Nasher and he will be soon able to throw spears at big venomous spiders in Fugitive IV? BUt who is Wilf?

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

BigTruck !

[B)]HAGRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Now I have the same problem as you with XP and max 2.5 it don't run , i have the same error !

But maybe I know why [;)], I just installed the linguistic module of XP sp2 !

Did someone know how usnistall it ?

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tptpt</i>

BigTruck !

[B)]HAGRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Now I have the same problem as you with XP and max 2.5 it don't run , i have the same error !

But maybe I know why [;)], I just installed the linguistic module of XP sp2 !

Did someone know how usnistall it ?

FDISK. [:D]

Seriously though, if you can uninstall Service packs (and I'm not sure you can), you'll either find it under Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel or you might be able to roll back if you have a restore point set. Otherwise it's a wipe and reinstall with all the pain associated with that.

By the way tptpt, any chance of an answer to my query in the Tips and Help forum?

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

BIG Thank you Gorgon2 that run ok now !!![:)][:D][;)]
I have restaure my config !

BigTruck !
I will test to install linguistic module on my old PC and see if i have the same Bug , So if yes maybe we have found where come from the Bug !

Pro do have the linguistic module installed ?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Pro do have the linguistic module installed ?

Not that I know of.[8)]

btw. Klawz. Wilf is the guy with the bad toupee on page 11. (well he looks like a Wilf to me..[8)])

big truck
Dragon

Post by big truck »

[:p][:p]TP,

Perhaps did you find the reason, I have the linguistic module installed too on my PC. I'm waiting for your installations/desinstallation on your old PC to see if it is really the reason of the problem[8D], but I stay tuned[^].

I will try to desinstall from my side too, and I'll tell you here the rsult[;)]

Jolaes
Whelp

Post by Jolaes »

It is FULL MOON, FRIDAY 13th... PROSPERO is NOT all right noooow [:D]
He must be makin' the werewolf model... mirror in one hand, mouse in the other [8D]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Big Truck ,

I have not test on my old PC because i would like to finish my script tools , promise i will test later!

My new 3 Scripts tools for build the structure of new models are now finish for make test !
Pro i think you should test it , there will help you a lot .
for moment i have not make tutorial but it will come .
http://tptpt.bigtruck-canada.ca/index_f ... eTools.zip

<font color="blue">TPBladeSkeletonTools</font id="blue"> : convert , rename , auto orient pivots , link skeleton Parts Anchors Edges + ( the anchor and Edge are auto create ), you just have to move the Parts's pivots from the center of parts to the good position .
Auto group and name the skeleton group and the final character group .

<font color="blue">TPBladeSkinTools </font id="blue"> : rename parts , auto group skin group

<font color="blue">TPBladeMutilationsTools</font id="blue"> :rename parts , auto group Mutilations group

ImageImageImage