News: Character Creations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Pro Caramon change in Werewolf when he very furious ![:D]
New patch to had Werewolf and some save change ,also and add an WerewolfArmadura for Caramon .

brian
Dragon

Post by brian »

Nice doggy [:D].

When can we take him for a walk[?]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Never mind that M8.[:)]

I have got a bear behind.[:0][:I]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I have done another demo map.[:)]

http://www.petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuf ... Arena5.zip

There is lots of new 3D stuff in it and I have tried to it more install-friendly than previous maps. You should no longer need to manually copy 3D files. In theory all you need do is unzip it into the BODLoader and run it, but if anyone encounters probs plzzzzzzzzz shout up.[:0]

Assuming that it does actually work, you get Lord Nasher as the Player. He works basically the same as Barbarian char but I have started to customise his moves. So far I have only given him a few spear moves. He is quite skilled at throwimg the 'Heavy Javelins' that you can find lying around.

There is lots of other experimental stuff. Don't take the Legomen <i>too</i> seriously.[:I] Just keep them out of trouble.[B)]

brian
Dragon

Post by brian »

love the smiley-face icon for the new <u>huge</u> spiders.
I didn't realize what it was at first because it blends into the terrain well.
I hate spiders. Luckilly throwing the spears works well, so I didn't have to get too close.

In regard to bugs (of a technical nature), I hit a lever which said "cleanup" and the game crashed.
<font color="red"><i>Later... I hit the lever again and it worked this time. No crashes.</i></font id="red">

It seems pretty solid. The bears have nice running animations and the legomen are a friendly bunch[:)].

Nice job prospero & tptpt[8D]

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

Nice map, Pro, with no install problems.

Just need to be careful not to fall in the river canyon if you go past the Under Construction signs as there's no apparent way out yet!

Damn building sites! Knew I should have worn a hard hat and a safety harness...

For those who have seen the Ice Age 2 movie, I have found the last Mammoth in this map!

As for the broken boulder bridge, I reckon you're hiding something up there...

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

[:)] Well it's good to hear the install works. Had to get the big thick Python book out on that one.[:I]

Things to look out for:

The pathfinding system in BOD has always been slightly iffy, so sometimes npcs get stuck trying to follow a route. If you find one running aimlessly into a wall, a wack on the head usually cures them.

If any allies in the mino area accidentally fall into the gorge, they aren't clever enough to find the way back so I put in a little method that will teleport them back up.

Allies respond to pressing the lock-on key, so you can get them to follow you. They will only do this if they are more than 20 mt away from the Player and can't see him. When an Ally goes onto combat, any unoccupied Allies in the near area should go to his/her aid.

The clean up routine was a bit of a lash up job. I wanted to clear all dropped enemy weapons/shields and blood pools and legobricks without removing other weapons. There can be 100's of these junk items
and they can't be permanently deleted without affecting savegame integrity it puts a bit of strain on the engine when cleaning. In a 'real' map you would not need this anyway.

There is a big slowdown spot as you cross the bridge over the new canyon. But it's a nice veiw so WTH.[;)]

Now I know it works OK I will put some more stuff in. [:p]

Ralo
Whelp

Post by Ralo »

Hi Prospero! Time for one of my six-monthly visits to this forum again!! So good to see you still hard at it with the Blade engine. You really are the master of this stuff. I just wish you could somehow get the rights to all the IP for this game and just make us all the sequel we're waiting for! Still, you continue to toil away and create more and more things for us old Severance die-hards to play with.

*gives Prospero a well-deserved slap on the back*

All this character creation stuff leaves me in awe. Many of you are truly talented. If I had the odd 5 million quid lying about I'd round you all up, lock you in a room and demand a new game!

Keep it up. I still love this game so much and will continue to visit these forums (such a friendly place, too) as long as you and your band of co-conspirators keep the true flame burning for the faithful!

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi Ralo. [:D]

Flattery will get you everywhere.[;)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Females.[:0]

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

I need to say they are cool and all but this lowpoly females just don´t impress me much sorry :( . Don´t take this badly i,m realy happy to see new caracters in the game, so continue and don´t mind what i said.

P.S- why are they above the floor? Is the colition cage not right? And what i would realy love to see is a florest map with tress, grass and a reaver.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Fair comment, but look at it this way. If you had a model with 10x the poly count it wouldn't look a lot different in the game but the effect on framerate would be dramatic. With current hardware you can use groups of chars and still get good performance. These models that TP has provided are very good. The textures are sharp each skin is divided into seperate bitmaps (11 I think). This means that they can easiliy be customised to give an endless variety of skins. One slight drawback is that they are symetrical, so you can't alter one side without altering the other.

btw. Some are floating off the ground because I made them as objects just to check them out. I am going to make a base set of data for one model and apply the different meshes to this. Each can be customised
to give different abilities.[:)] One female warrior has a pet leopard that follows her around and protects her. I have lots of other ideas, so stay tuned.[;)]

Top marks to TP for a lot of hard work.[^]

Ianna Keeper
Dragon

Post by Ianna Keeper »

I dont know why but these models remind me thief II[8)].

That's good to see new works and ideas.[:)]

Generally the main problem is hands.It looks that all of them ready to hit punch.Best way is giving them weapons..
anyway thank you for your work and labor[8D]

By the way I couldnt imagine this little boy defeats the dalgurak[:D].

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hohoho.[:D] I haven't tried him in combat yet. Maybe I'll set Dal against him later. He should be able to get under Dal's attacks and fracture his kneecaps.[;)] Or maybe he will run home and get his big brother.

Jgun
Whelp

Post by Jgun »

Hey, a couple months ago somebody from here contacted me on ModDB and asked me to make a wizard model for BoD for them. Well I know it took awhile, but the model is finally ready to go. It is just a model at the moment, no bones or animations. I was going to wait for someone who knows something about BoD models to give me the info on that first (preferably either the guy who asked me to make the model or the guy who was going to implement it in his mod). But at any rate the hard part is done.