News: Character Creations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

All Hi![:)]
Has returned from rest only only
At once to business. Having a rest. Any ideas were drew as new a style.
Has written at itself on set of sheets on this a style. I shall try now to realize the ideas..

I want to ask to make a pair of the new monsters.. If you will have time.

It is necessary to make a two.
First, angel (arhangel)

Second, large dragon, on the sizes of the final boss of the basic game.
The ending I want to make, as a victory main dragon, which protects something

It about such. Main that would be sword at the angel and wings, and dragon - large and black (red).[:D]

Styles - new character necromant. Idea - set quests. The large range (if will turn out).
Movement between two towers (tower necro and tower of an enemy) on dragon.

The plot is written, it is necessary only to kill a great lot of time on it ..
Tp, pro and so can help with new enimes?

On a measure job, I shall set here questions.
BIG SORRY. i use translation software ..

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi Trinitron.[:D]

There are lots of Dragon models in Neverwinter Nights. TP has done more work on them than myself so maybe he can tell more....

Making the angel model is not too difficult if some wings could be found to add on. What would be a problem is if you want the wings to <i>move</i>. In that case a whole new set of animations would have to be made. Unless you have motion capture facilities and know an actual angel I think it's beyond the resources of the community.

I would be very pleased if someone could prove me wrong.[:p]

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Hi prospero.[:)]

Yes, it would be good if to make an angel where at movement it makes flight over the earth. And when fights, is at a stop also wings do not function.

And if to take animation from wywern? It "waves" wings. And this function of "move" to attach to an angel. Or I talk nonsense.

About dragons, I saw its works, I will include it, but it would be desirable very big.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

The Wyvern has about 4 animations, but basically it just repeats the same one in a huge circle. A fully working character has lots of animations. The Amazon has about 200. All of these would need to be made afresh for a winged charcter. It would be months of work for even an experienced animator. There is also the problem of the Blade engine which automatically keeps the characters at ground level. I don't know how one would overcome this to allow flying.

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

OH, 4 vs. 200 = pwned!

If then not to register anew all animations for an angel, and to take existing from different characters. And to write only one-five. For example what it only waved wings when goes there-here. O.Ne a variant to make the following. To take for example the same wywern and to place instead of its body - a body of the character? As a matter of fact it will turn out. That instead of it will fly skin the character. At least as a test mode. If the character learns to fly as wywern. That rest can to try be added.

Please lay out here models from TP what are. I have its models only that in TPBladeToolsChar&Objects 1.1.8
In advance thanks.[8D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

[:)] It's perfectly possible to make new animations. The hard part is making good ones. Something that appears simple - such as walking along is in fact incredibily complex. It's not just one foot in front of the other. There is no question of using parts of existing animations. The source files are not available in any case.

TP did get a dragon working with it's own animations. But not flying.
The Neverwinter Nights animations are much simpler than BOD system. If you have played the game you will know what I mean.[;)]

Sorry to be negative, but you have to work with what is possible.

Vasja
Dragon

Post by Vasja »

What is the problem with flying animations ?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

[:D] Nothing if you know how to do them. [;)]

Even if you had the anims, how would they be implemented in the game?
Remember, the Wyvern is just an animated object. It has no AI.
The BOD engine is designed to keep NPCs on the ground.

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Thanks for the information prospero.[8D]
Îê, and that if to try to make the following.
To take model of the character, for example - Wizard and to make the following.

The head, hand, brush, trunk is, and leg... Legs to attach to a breast, that they would be perpendicular to a body and to impose on them invisible texture. I.e. the character with wings will be inclined is horizontal to ground, as though cost(stand) on legs invisible, which of a breast. And what to decide(solve) a problem what to do(make) that will be after a trunk - to dress on him(it) a raincoat in all growth, which will cover legs. Such in general is possible?..

Example figure
[:)]

Where the character will move is horizontal, to go as a matter of fact, but leg invisible - means equally goes is horizontal. The truth how he will beat? Even to learn(find out) I want, whether will accept BOD such " ORIGINAL MODEL "[:D].

Now I try to understand files from Tp, namely - " //.. // MyNuStaffBeetleTest\NUFiles ". It is more tremendous, with such successes, I think, that of new large STYLES with a heap of new ideas not behind mountains..
Still I want to ask, how it is possible EBrowserTP to start in game? That the game would be started through the console from Tp.
Probably about it it is necessary to ask itself Tp, but he åù ¸ would a rest to water.. I would like certainly to set a number of questions here on a forum concerning scripts at creation of maps, but it is not enough them not also they correspond beginning, to turn out, that I shall be engaged here simply flood..

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

[:)] I know where you are coming from and I like your thinking.

I did have an idea a while ago.....

It is possible to add parts to a character in the same way the weapons and shields are carried on the back. This way the wings could be a seperate onject an animated in sync with the main body movements.
I have done this with cloaks and it works fine, but the cloak remains rigid and moves with whatever body part it is attached to. It would be nice if the cloak would move naturally with the body. But I just don't have the ability to do it. And if I did, it would probably take years of work.
Then you still have the problem of getting the character to move off the ground.

Might be easier to make a Drakan-based mod.[8)]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Pro, Trynitron,

For the angel projet, there have 2 way:

1) Convert a NWN model who have wing, and convert his anims.
2) Convert only a wing model and anims, and by code link the wings to the back hanchor, but I don't think it's possible to get more one anim.(the wings must be a actor person)

I have start to work on the way 1 with NWN's DemonBig, I will link a new mod there later

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

[}:)]Years of job, months of job., is insulting..
Hi Tp. good news about new a style.[:p]
Can at first try to pick up good skin for the angel and to attach to him simply wings and to see, what from this will leave?

I had problems with start 3D MAX R2.5 (ENGLISH)
Has established the program, àâòîðèçèðîâàë, I start and writes, at first:

Then:

It is possible to correct the program ïåðåóñòàíàâëèâàë some times, but one and too, how it?
Mine ÎÑ - XP SP2. But, I ñêà÷àë the Spanish version - âñ ¸ work, but it is Spanish..[|)]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Trynitron,

I don't know for Max error, i will check.
Some screen shoots of my test:

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

OH, awersome models, first model - darkdemon .. aka devill (inferno from HoMM 3.[:D]}
And the second model very much would be useful for my mod..[;)]

By the way about models. I understand that a question minor.. But, how to me to load your models into game? I have put EBrowser, have started game with the console (the test I do on your card MapBeetle2), in menu EB it is possible to add only defaults monsters and objects. Through what it is possible to add yours in game? As it to realise, tell please. It is now very interesting for me.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi TP. Good vacation? [8D]

Trinitron. The EB is a handy tool for placing objects and you can update the list to add new models. BUT it will not preload the new models, so if you try to create them the game will crash.

To load models for testing you can add two lines to the BodLink.list file:

Filepath
InternalName

But much better to use the "Vasja" method with this code:

BBLibc.LoadBOD("..\\..\\3DChars\\BODName.BOD")
BBLibc.ReadBOD("..\\..\\3DChars\\BODName.BOD")

You need to apply this code before the model creation code is exe'd.

I put all the preloading code in a file InitNewChars.py which is exe'd from the end of BLModInfo.py. Check out some of my later demo maps.

For a fully working NPC or Player you also need to load all the relevant data + animations. This is a bit more complicated......
You can load an NPC model as an object only by omitting the "Person" argument in the creation code.