News: Character Creations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 pm

Thanks pro,
I just don't understand how the limbs can exist as individual useable objects without having seperate BOD files.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

If you chop all the bits off, you should be able to place the body with the Position and Orientation params.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Actually, placing the body is kind of what I'm after. I don't like the way enemies die on stairs or slopes, with the corpse sticking out horizontally. If a stone golem dies on a slope and mutilates, the limbs ahd head will fall and roll down the slope but the torso will stay suspended in mid-air at the height at which the death anim ended.
I was thinking of swapping the corpse for a torso BOD object impulse(0,0,0) at the moment of mutilation, so all body parts would fall and roll away, any ideas?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:31 am

Tricky one. Think I tried it once before without much success. The big problem is that a character is classed as Entity Person and I think the game engine is set to keep them level and on the floor. I tried converting them to 'Physic' after they have finished the death animation, but that doesn't seem to work. Even if you move them up slightly and drop them, they still just stop at the nearest piece of floor.

One way would be to remove the 'corpse' and replace it instantly with a character of the same race created as an Object. Only thing is, the replacement would not be in the same attitude and have all it's limbs.

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Yeah, it's a tricky one alright. I guess it's best to keep battle areas flat, so the problem doesn't arise.

CSJM
Hatchling

Postby CSJM » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Greetings, fellow modders. Or BoDders? Heh. Anyway, I was wondering, why are there no model/animation import tools? I've looked at the animation files at least, and they seem pretty straightforward in structure, if a little incomprehensible without a reference.

So, before I go on a quest to acquire 3DS Max and try my hand at an importer plugin for Lightwave, my tool of choice, I wanted to ask whether or not such a tool would even be needed for anyone. Like, to tweak some existing animations or retool models...

(edit: oh, and apologies in advance if I chose a wrong place for the post - this just seemed like the most thematically appropriate thread for the question)

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:10 am

Hi CSJM, welcome to the forums!

It's always good to see new people wanting to get involved with BoD modding, and any tools that would help create new content are always welcome [:)].
There is someone else (Harrison) working on a tool for importing BoD models/animations into 3DMax, and he has already had some success editing existing BoD animations. You should check his work, and you may be able to help each other out.

This is his thread on the subject (in Russian):

http://forum.ogl.ru/read/1049357486/0

CSJM
Hatchling

Postby CSJM » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Hmm yeah, it appears I've been one-upped in that regard. I guess that was to be expected, the format really doesn't seem all that challenging. I'll see if I can ask this Harrison for proper import parameters, save myself some time and effort.

Oh btw, I've been digging around in BoD's files... the game sure could use a few new animations, there's a humongous amount of reusage. A lot of the dwarf's animation is actually reused from the Knight, including a lot of death animations, and even an attack animation. Also found a typo in the dwarf's anim definitions (though that might have been from the Armours mod, I don't know) that prevented a proper animation (and name) for the Nutcracker combo from showing. This game is a MESS!

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi guys! [:D] I have been following the forum, and with last news about BOD models in 3DMax by Harrison, and i remember something that esfumato wrote about create a new armor model to barbarian, with the light armor but in both arms or also i think about implement the blade armor not included in the original game! [:0] It's possible with this news tools? [:)]

dravenrayne
Hatchling

Postby dravenrayne » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:59 pm

Greetings i dont know if its too late to try to rejoing this community... but blade has been one of my most loved games, near othrs as neverwinter, vampire the masquerade redemption...
I wanted to know if is it possible to recover all the mods tht were able to download before... Now its all closed or down... I ve seen ure an active member i wnted to ask you for some help cause i dont know where to look for these mods, skins or models anymore... although i dont remember anything about installing them T,T

In any case thank you, and love your big help to this community.

PD I cant send private messages, this one was for Prospero...Saw your web where i took the fugitive maps and so on... but most of the links to another pages are down.

Hugs

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi dravenrayne, and welcome!
It's never too late to join the BoD community, there are many people still playing and working on mods [:)].

You should find most of what you're looking for at these links:
http://www.moddb.com/games/severance-blade-of-darkness
http://blade-of-darkness.bigtruck-canada.ca/index.htm

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi dravenrayne [:D]

A lot of the BOD stuff has disappeared from the web over the years. I have all my mods on my own site. That way I can keep track of them and keep them updated. Although a few are not available at the moment because I am working on some bugs. Also I have a new PC and the one with most of the BOD files on is away being reformatted (BOD stuff is on a slave drive.[;)]). Also have a big stack of CDs. I seem to have accumulated an enormous amount of BOD data over the years and it's not always easy to find particular things. I probably have copies of just about everything BOD-related somewhere....[8)]

dravenrayne
Hatchling

Postby dravenrayne » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:01 pm

[:)] Wow! Thank you all, i never expected such fast answers! Gracias!
Now i know this game isnt dead, it still being developed... this game has a huge potencial! But its sad we re little people who knows it!

Also... i was 14teen i think when i first played fugitive maps... i cant beleave ive met the one who made it xP!!!

Im really interested in knowing how to have more female characters to play with... but im seeing it looks to complicated to be done for one tht doesnt know much about computer and games modding...

Cuthberth
Whelp

Postby Cuthberth » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:10 am

dravenrayne if you want female characters to play try the DwarfWars I and II mods (Sigrun DW I and Dorcas DW II).

Also try New combos & expert enemies mod, zoe is really a cool char with this.

Search this mods are in ModDB, im sure that New combos & expert enemies mod is for download because i downloaded the 30 of January this year [:p]

Buena suerte y segui jugando clasicos es la mejor forma de manter con vida estos excelentes juegos [;)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:35 am

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi from long time ago!

I heared that anyone was looking for a newobjetcts.mmp, I made in the past one and it´s in big truck page (the link below).

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi Daxon,

I was looking for tptpt's newobjects.mmp which contains textures for some NWN objects that he converted for BoD.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”