News: Character Creations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

tptpt
Dragon

News: Character Creations

Postby tptpt » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:34 am

[:)]Hello everybody i have good news for all character creators and also Object creators :

i have find a lots of new possible max files for creates new characters or objects import from <font color="red">Neverwinter nights game </font id="red"> !

To used them you need Max4.2 or 5 or 6 or 7 and some plug-in to import MDL file from Neverwinter nights Viewer .
So after install correctly the scripts and plug you must import the MDL File in you max version and export it in a 3d Studio (*3DS) file for

you can import this new file in max 2.5 and now you must modif it to export BOD files .

you can find the Neverwinter nights Plug-in ,scripts you need and one max file sample , help , tutorials at :
http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/max_files.html

you can find the official MDL Plug-in Suite and help , tutorials at :
http://www.bricksbuilder.com/nwn/utils/ ... tml#import

you can find the most recent plug to import or expot MDL files at :
http://www.torlack.com/index.html?topic ... omp_readme

you can download some MDL files ( characters ) and a the viewer ( don't need Neverwinter nights game ) at

http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/viewer.html

If you have Neverwinter nights game (i don't know if it run if you have not NWN game ) you can download CEP PACK :
http://nwn.bioware.com/players/cep.html
and a viewer/exploration utility to extrac more MDL files ( characters and objects ) from HAK files :
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/other/data ... 9673.shtml
the intersting MDL files are in Creatures.HAK and Anotomies.HAK files for us .

You can find more HAK files , textures , ... , at :
http://nwvault.ign.com

So it's complex but i can help you !

Jacen and Prospero [^]
i think it very interresting for you and i will need your help to finalise some characters i have create by this way ,my firt character appear in game all the menbers on the flor , i don't know why i have check the orientation but no change .
you can test it in download one sample NWN max file at http://nwdownloads.bioware.com/neverwin ... notaur.zip
you need to rebluild the structure add some part in skeleton and apply texture ( to get original textures without modif UV you must convert the Targa texture file to BMP ) .

Ralo [;)]
By this Way you can import the animation of the NWN characters .It could be interesting for you if you want make video clip .

So lot of work in the future i think ![;)]

TPTPT

Jacen
Whelp

Postby Jacen » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:07 pm

You have been working hard tptpt [:)]
Its a great new. I have to study slowly. So, I need max4 or higher and the hacks and plugins of NW. It will be easy. I have been taking a look to a persistent world of NW based in Dragonlance. They are testing a new module that live the Crhonicles and has (I downloaded yet) anatomy and creatures hacks [:D]. I must do tests. [:)].
I will take a look to Minoutaur, and every question you have...I will resolve, if I know, of course.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:21 am

That's great work TPTPT.[:D]

I have max5 somewhere.[;)]

I can't do very much at the moment as PC is not working well.[:(] It only goes for a short time before explorer crashes and I have to keep restarting. A friend is building me a new one, but he tends to take his time.....

Face The Slayer
Whelp

Postby Face The Slayer » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:41 pm

Prospero, could be a heat problem if reinstalling the OS doesn't fix it.
Maybe the fan on your CPU is on its way out, in which case you can replace it for about a fiver.

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:10 am

Hello every body[:D]

it made long time i would like to create "Solid Object" , so i find one solution meaby some of you have an over solution :
my solution number 1 is :
1)add in file "../Scripts/SolidMask.py " the code for exemple my object is Sphinx2 :
Bladex.SetSolidMask('Sphinx2',0)
2)add in your Cfg.py file of your map the code :
import SolidMask

my solution number 2 is :
add in object.py file of your map the code in red for exemple my object is Sphinx2 :

<font color="red">Bladex.SetSolidMask('Sphinx2',0)</font id="red">

o=Bladex.CreateEntity("Sphinx2_19","Sphinx2",0,0,0, Reference.ObjType("Sphinx2"))
o.Scale=0.2
o.Orientation=(0,0,0,0)

So i would like to update my mod NewObject4 to add directly the objects you want to be solid in the file "../Scripts/SolidMask.py "
if some one have a best solution or any remark are welcome to help me !

<font color="red">NWN CHARACTERS :</font id="red">

Jacen do you test Minoutaur ,and do you find why my news characters apear mixed in the game ?i have try on more differents but alwaays the same bad result !

So i have make some sample of possible NWN actors ( for the picture i have create them like objects [;)]) :

TPTPT

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:17 pm

hi TPTPT

I have used this to make objects solid:

o.ExclusionMask=2

seems to work ok.[:)]

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:50 pm

the 3d models of the picture are in the blade???? [:0][:0][:0][|)]

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:53 am

Yes Daxon[:)]
The 3d models of the last picture came from blade engine [}:)]but for the moment i add them like objects ( statue for the character ) because i have a problem when i add them like character it appear like a bad mix on the flor , so i think it will come correctly later ![:I]
The 3d models are import from NeverWinterNight and the skin already exist i have just convert the picture format and adjust the 3d structure .[;)]

Tptpt

Argoon
Dragon

Postby Argoon » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:51 am

WOW nice[:0][:p]

mikros
Dragon

Postby mikros » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:46 pm

Really niece. But I wonder if you will make specific animations for them, as Blade seems to have problems with using animations from a character to another (strange, as most games make characters share animations).

taurus
Whelp

Postby taurus » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:37 pm

Well that sounds really promising now tptpt.

But do you think it would be possible to import in severance the MAPS ( or at least parts of it) from NWN ? This would be sooooooo amazing I can't even imagin.
The towns and so on... Would be great.

Good luck in your efforts !

tptpt
Dragon

Postby tptpt » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:42 pm

Hello Taurus !
[8D]New french man member good news !

No i don't think it's possible to import complette map but it 's possible to import somes parts like cabane , stand , weapons , animals , characters , vehicule ( wagon ) ,etc ...

I work on my futur weeb site to make downloadable new objects , characters Bank , it coming soon !

Hello Mikros !

For the new character in general it possible to used blade original animation from an other blade character .
To new make specifical animation require lot of work , time and be realy patient ; from the moment i have no time but maybe in the futur .

Tptpt

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:51 am

Mikros

Animations are interchangeable between 'human' types - All Player chars/Ragnar/Dal/Skel/Chaos Knight/Orks/Traitor & Dark Knights.(Trolls?) All the others have different structure and will only use their own anims.

TPTPT

I tried your Mino model, but it won't open in max2.5 and I can't install max 5 as I previously had v5.1 trial installed this stops v5 from working for some reason. Can you do me a 3DS version when you have a mo? [:)]

mikros
Dragon

Postby mikros » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:29 pm

I know that animations can be shared by the characters which have the same points of articulations. I meant that they don't look good, being the limbs at odd angles, and some combinations are almost unplayable (for example, amazon's animations on vamp skin, the spear is angled oddly and it's very difficult to hit anything, even if it is just a zombie).

Other games seem to have less problems with this, and you see different sized characters share animations and nothing goes wrong.

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:06 pm

Hi all, I need any guy to compiler my bmps of skins, I can´t, The texture compiler don´t work, and I was a lot of time using him :S, I don´t know why [:(!] and have a lot of skins´to compiler! [:(].

Prospero, Jacen has news mine Prtl, He can send you to watch their.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”