News: Character Creations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Open TP CharTools and Click Autowork Humain. Then where it says Auto Build Model, click Autowork Humain.

The model will start to compile. This takes a few seconds so do nothing until it is finished. It should end up like this:

The model is complete now, but you can do a few tweaks at this stage.
Replace the default name with your own. Blade_Object_TutChar. If you like you can remove the Mutilations group to save a few polys at the expense of not having detatchable limbs.
Go to Group -> ungroup. You will see there are three Sub-Groups. Select Blade_Mutlations and Delete. Then just select both the remaining groups - Blade_Skin and Blade_Skeleton and group them as Blade_Object_TutChar (or whatever. The final name is your choice. The rest of is critical)

Then Export

Abd you have a TutChar.BOD ready for the game.[:D][:D][:D]

Easy wasn't it? [:0]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

That's weird. I thought I saw a reply from Trintron about having problems with the Doomknight model. But when I posted a reply it dissappeared. [:0]

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Hi Prospero. Yes, I delete, sorry.[:(]

Very big thanks you for amazing tuts in max! When I come to the stage when I've to do AutoWork Human, I'm running into a problem:

What can be the reason? My model is only part of _g + a few parts that relate to the actual model (model in NWN I load in max8 and delete everything except the geometry).

My test model (I know you've this model.[:p]):

Maybe not obtained because of the extra detail in the model?

I'm at a loss. I've reached to here 100% without errors:

The model has additional parts that don't have _g part's:

Code: Select all

Box01
headskull
l_bracer
lowerjaw
r_bracer
Next, I'm confused.
First I've to do AutoWork Humain? If yes - I get an error, if not, I'd so:

I clicked "Create Node", next I allocate part of the body and made bond in the knees, elbows, and the rest. I'd it. I stopped here:

Suppose that I haven't done any mistake.

I click AutoWork Humain. Everything went well, but my figure won just without those parts that didn't have names _g (I tried to rename them in name_g, but the model is exactly a strange):

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi Trinitron.

You need to Attach the extra parts before Autobuild.

Select pelvis_g and Attach crotchskul and belt_g

Select head_g and Attach headskull and lowerjaw

Select rforearm_g and Attach rbracer

Select lforearm and Attach lbracer

If there is anything else, delete it.

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Hi Prospero.

I attached Box01 (a bib on her back) to torso_g.

AutoWork as failed.[:(]

I'd everything as it should, but says error. I even removed the Box01, but exactly the same mistake. AutoWork stops on his head (because it stands out by white lines and all stops.)

What could I do wrong? I can write in detail what I'd... Maybe I didn't properly shoulders, since they're a bit strange.[:I]

btw. I miss this step:

I import NWN model in max8:

But I think it doesn't matter, I send the 1000 value, because tptpt did in his videotuts so. I was doing exactly the same steps with another monster, but the same error at this stage.

Before AutoWork Humain I got the following body parts:

head_g
Lass_g
lbicep_g
Lelbow_g
lfoot_g
lfoream_g
lhand_g
Lknee_g
lshin_g
lthigh_g
Lwirst_g
pelvis_g
Rass_g
rbciep_g
Relbow_g
rfoot_g
rfoream_g
rhand_g
Rknee_g
rshin_g
rthigh_g
Rwirst_g
torso_g

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Can you send me the file. (Before autowork)

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi Trinitron.

I have 2 Ogroks. [:)]

You seem to have attached the neck and head to the torso.[:0] Also, there is no Rshould_g and Lshould_g.

To use Autowork on a human model, you must have parts with these names.

head_g
neck_g
torso_g
pelvis_g
rthigh_g
lthigh_g
rbicep_g
lbicep_g
rshin_g
lshin_g
rforearm_g
lforearm_g
rhand_g
lhand_g
rfoot_g
lfoot_g
Rass_g
Lass_g
Rshould_g
Lshould_g
Rknee_g
Lknee_g
Lwrist_g
Rwrist_g

All other parts have to be attached to one of these before Autowork.

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Hi Prospero.

I miss upload DoomKnight.[:(]

Yes, I've done my model (I've two errors in Attach's step) is entirely up to the stage of export. I send you .max, .mmp and .BOD files DoomKnight. In the game, my model isn't loaded. I know how to do it, I'd my model as SetMesh on Militia_A. I know what it'll do and will work.[?] But the game just crashes and does'nt give any error even in the console.

Maybe I'd something not right? It maybe poorly assembled model or wrong.
I called my model DoomKght.BOD (Blade_Object_DoomKght)

http://trinitron.gamekuba.ru/files/DoomKghtModel.rar

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi Trintron.

You are nearly there. I haven't tried it in the game but I think you just need to fix the names of the two sub-groups.

They should be:

Blade_Skeleton
Blade_Skin

not Blade<font color="yellow">_Object</font id="yellow">_ etc

All you need do is ungroup the model and select each sub group in turn and rename them in the field on the right. Then select all and regroup as Blade_Object_DoomKnght.

It's a good idea to check your char models as objects before you apply them as working characters. Just create them as usual, but omit the "Person" entity class at the end. This gives you a chance to spot any errors without the crashes.

o=Bladex.CreateEntity("Dummy1","DoomKnght",0,0,0)

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Thanks Prospero.[:)]

Model really work in Balde. Now I got a problem with the texture (like a presentiment of her).

The game in my model don't appear on the texture, look like I'd I do this in max:

In what may be the problem? Textures I just upload to my already ready mod (new TutChars mod they also didn't show, I thought that was wrong, so I decided to check in my working mod.)

** Ogrok got the same problem with textures in game.[:(]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

OK.

Click on a new ball in the Mat pallette.

Type c_DoomKnght into the box.

Click next to diffuse and select Bitmap.

Type c_DoomKnght into the box.

Click on Bitmap: and browse for the file.

Ungroup model. Select the Blade_Skin only.

Click Apply Material to Selection and Show Map in Viewport.

Regroup and Export

The problem is that you had the material defined as DoomKnght and the bitmap as c_Doomknght. They must be the same exactly. I often do this and the best way to correct it is to start on a new ball in the pallette and reload the image.

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Hi Prospero.

I'd this with your help.[:p] I really bow my head in front of you for your help. Now I can export the new characters with new textures from NWN to the Blade.

If I had along the way have a problem with dragons, gorgrons and other cute creatures, then I'll ask your questions here.[:D][8)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Great Work Trinitron. [:D]

You did that a lot quicker than I did my first one.

The NWN model bank provides an almost endless variety of new models. You can swap heads and other body parts. And if you use the .plt textures you can switch the colours of the skin, hair, etc on individual textures. (You have to screengrab and paste). You can edit the textures much more easily than the RAS ones.

If you want to do asymetric textures on the head/torso/pelvis, you can spilt the mesh down the middle and apply seperate textures to eash half. Then re-attach the two halves.

There is also a great selection of LED textures in high-res. [8D]

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Hi Prospero and thanks you.[:D]

Perhaps the model wasn't as difficult as others with whom I now have a question. Please check your email, I sent you archive of three files.[:I]

It would seem - I've done absolutely to a tee, as you describe, but the game crashes and I can't load the model.[:(] Perhaps there are some tricks in this model? I tinkered with it all day, very interesting model of a character in my opinion.[8)] This model too is necessary to me (for my mod), so I had the audacity to send it to you, in any case, I'm not going to send all my models, in which there is an error.

About NWN Explorer. I really didn't know that there is such a program and you can quickly change the texture. Thank you for your advice, I'll definitely use it.[8D]