BOD whislist improvements.

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

esfumato
Dragon

BOD whislist improvements.

Post by esfumato »

I was thinking that if someone could do somethings to improve the game, things like that.

<b>Introduce strafe left and right to the game</b> and let the mouse to turn around and look like all the games that come out now, that could be posible?

<b>3º person view while using the bow and introduce a crosshair to aim.</b>

<b>Give more combos to the dwarf and amazon</b> using what already exist like Gladiator add ons. (for every player too but that heroes have less)

<b>Repair the Weapons that work bad</b> Some Dwarf or Amazon weapons don't hit the enemies so it would be good to repair them.

<b>Heavy Armour for Amazon and Barbarian</b> One of the most impressive moments of the game was when I founf the Heavy armour of the Knight, but he is the only one that have it :(

<b>Do the enemies playable with their own combos</b>, I raed that is posible to play ass an Orc.

<b>Do posible to drop the bow</b> (not for single player)

The most difficult <b>Create a new caracter</b>, maybe, <b>a Wizard?</b>

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by esfumato</i>

I was thinking that if someone could do somethings to improve the game, things like that.

<b>Introduce strafe left and right to the game</b> and let the mouse to turn around and look like all the games that come out now, that could be posible?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

There was a Mod (not BODLoader compatible) to do this once. I've not checked if it's available on any of the current download sites, but if not I'll check my archive and see about posting it somewhere.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
<b>3º person view while using the bow and introduce a crosshair to aim.</b>

Think this is built into the game engine (unless Prospero cares to tell me otherwise) and so can't be changed.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
<b>Give more combos to the dwarf and amazon</b> using what already exist like Gladiator add ons. (for every player too but that heroes have less)

It is possible and has been done in several mods I believe.

<b>Do the enemies playable with their own combos</b>, I raed that is posible to play ass an Orc.

See Prospero's New Orc City.

Again see Prospero, he's made this work in one of his mods (Ascension, I think)

The most difficult <b>Create a new caracter</b>, maybe, <b>a Wizard?</b>

Awhile ago someone was working on a ninja. New characters can be created but they have to be derived from existing characters in the game. Again Prospero can tell you a whole load more about this.

Axle Stone
Whelp

Post by Axle Stone »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by esfumato</i>

Man, look on ProArena3: http://petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuff/mo ... Arena3.zip ( made by famous uncle Pro)[;)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Yep, I have done it all.[^]

Well not quite.[8)]

There was a strafe mod around at one time. I never really looked at how it actually worked as frankly I like the control system just as it is. Same with the bow. One of the skills to be learned is how to use the bow accurately. It's not like a firearm. With practice the bow can be aimed with great precision. Crosshairs??? I think not.[}:)]

All the new things I can think of.....

Leaving out multiplayer aspect, which must be No.1 wish-

Ability to adjust the lighting/atmos dynamically. So that it gets dark
or light according to time of day.

Improvments to water to introduce waves,etc.

Swimming for players. (There are swimming animations in the files so this was on the cards at one time)

Moving clouds.

Foliage on trees.(make huge forests.[:D])

Reverb FX on sounds.

Rain/snow. I did some tests making a waterfall follow the player around but it didn't look too good and it causes big performance hit, apart from the prob of making it wait outside when player goes undercover.

There are probably lots of things like this, but all things considered
there is still a vast amount of scope for new things without tinkering with the engine.

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

The bow when you have some hours playing BOD you can use it acurately of course, but a crosshair will do it easier and when i said it, i was thinking about multiplayer where all the enemies are moving faster and in every direction.

Hey! what about of doing a multiplayer mod only for Lan, its what we can do because Online conection sucks but we can try to do it.
The fun of doing mods isn't play it when is done, is only have fun while doing. It could be played at Lan parties, maybe we create a LAN PARTIES CLASSIC MOD. jejejeje

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

What Friendware aught to do (or think about), is to get someone to make and online version of BOD that can at least be played on a
asl connection. Maybe do a few new maps,etc and bring in co-op play features. How difficult could it be???

I would buy it.[:p]

btw. In New Orc City (Shalatuwar section)there are some Suikens lying about. Throw them at an enemy and you will never miss. Try them on the
Dwarf archers high on the walls.

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

I downloaded the strafe mod but it isnt a real stafe mod, because the player only can do strafe to right and left but you can't move doing "diagonal" right + forward for example or left + back
and also can't do strafe while running someone could do it?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Looking at the modded code it <i>should</i> work while running. Also it should work while sneaking. If it does not, I don't know why. There is no way you can move forward/back and strafe at the same time. It would mean doing two animations at once. You can turn without interupting forward/back motion because turning just rotates the Player and doesn't involve seperate animation.

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

I was thinking using the same animation as walk forward or back and only change the direction where the player go.

Then, you only have to try the animation that looks better.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

You can change almost anything in the game, but beware. Some rountines are spread among multiple files and changing one may lead to unexpected consequences.[B)] Just make sure you can restore things back to original code.

e.g. I once tried making it so that the Player could carry 15 weapons. It's easy enough to set

inv.maxObjects=15

in your map files. This way the change only applies during the playing of that particular map.

Problem is, you have to edit Scorer.py so that there are 15 slots for the widgets. There is no way (that I could find) to alter this value
remotely once the Scorer has been initilized on first loading the game. This would not cause any probs until you get to the take the Ianna Sword, where the inv size is reset to 5. If you were carrying 5 or more weapons at that time you could create an error in the code and foul the whole thing up.

I avoid making changes to source files like the plague.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">"Even the wisest cannot see all ends"
-Gandalf.[;)]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Speaking of Wizards and new Player characters in general. Now that it has been sucessfully proved that it is possible, the question arises
of just what forms these new chars should take. The Wizard is a good one, but what sort of abilities should he have?

If anyone has any thoughts on this subject, post up ideas here.

Personally, I would like a 6-ft tall Valkyrie in a skimpy leather costume with a big whip and a cleavage you could ski down.[:p]

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

Strafe MOD: This mod comes mixed with the respawn mod and I don't know how to use it alone

Then to install it you have to replace Damage.py and ActionTables.py

How could I use this without replacing files? I want to mean doing a new mod with options at BODloader and the posibility to able/disable it

Jacen
Whelp

Post by Jacen »

@Esfumato: I think that Dal Gurak walk "de lado", maybe we can use his animation to strafe... doing quickler of course, because he do too slow.

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

I was looking and Ragnar has an animation that looks How he is strafing while running.

But the most important issue is to do the player move right and left with any animation then select that looks better.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

You could edit The modded Damage.py file to remove the respawn parts.
I think it could be made to be BODLoader compatable, but it might be tricky.

I'll put it on the 'jobs to do' list.[:)]

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

<font size="3"><b>Player armours: (Another wish)</b></font id="size3">

Guys is posible to do some more armours to the four caracters.

The armours could be light, medium and Full.

knight, have all of them
Dwarf, Have light and medium
Amazon and Barbarian, have only light armour

<b>Barbarian armour:</b> We can add to him a medium Armour mixing the multiplayer skin with the original selecting for example the head and adding a helmet to the Light armour model or changing the complete skin and adding to it the big shoulder strap of the light armour.

<b>The amazon</b>, don't have any model with the armour it is only a skin (The worst amour of 4 caracters). But the multiplayer models have a semicomplete armour skin and knee protections and a shoulder strap in 3D. Mixing it all we can do a medium armour for the amazon.

Other way is to try to Rebuild the entire models of the caracters and adding new armours to it.

Skinners start to work!

I would love to see a Barbarian with two big shoulder straps like that appears in game and a helmet with two horns like the bad guys of Connan film or The immortals.