New Character: The Wizard

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

mikros
Dragon

Post by mikros »

I think Zoe model would be a better option. The other characters are too muscular for a wizzard (not that a mage can't be muscular, but she would be more in character).

I'm looking forward, anyways. It looks extremely promising.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I am using the Knight model at the moment just for test purposes.[;)]

I am trying to establish a good playable system to implement the magic stuff. So far he has one set of attacks for his magic staff and another for other weapons. I thought I would make his sword moves medium proficency and axes/hammers poor. He can only do his magic while holding the Staff and only when he is in his magic phase.
The magic phase will also gradually consume his health.

Any magic ideas, plz shout up now.[:0]

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

<font size="2">This is just a brainstorm so don´t take some of my ideas seriusly[;)].

This is a question and a idea, is it possible to use the physics of this game to be used like physic powers. In the game now u can take a object and shoot it at a enemy, so you can use this to make a power like, the Wizard thake the object that stays floating in is hand with...hum like a aura around it and them you trow them at the bad guys[:)], and if possible make it be a level thing, like level 1 u only can pick up small objects level 20 you can shoot a biger object.

Able to make mind tricks in the enemys ala Jedi, like be able to transform a enemy in a friendly that will attake the other enemys( make this only work in the weake enemys).

Able to take energy and health from the enemys( but make it level 1 no power, level two power but you only can use it at close range and it will tire you fast and so on and so on).

A power that will make you invencivel for a short amount of time, and this will cost you some blood in the end.

Be able to call thunderstorms on the enemys( use that lightning thing that the game have).

Be able to transform enemys in zombis.

A power that give you health.

A power that will spwan a npc to help us( this only if the above jedi thing don´t work).

Ok i don´t know more but lets talk about this powers and see how will we pull them of or even if they are possible.</font id="size2">

[email protected]
Whelp

Post by [email protected] »

I think it would be better if the magic phase will consume his strength(just like any weapons), not his health, otherwise he would have a lot of time to cast many spells, but if he need time to rest it would be mor realistic, don't you think so?

Btw, I made a necromancer in my mod, he summons skeletons and zombies, casts curses and deadly spells. but he is not playable, he is just a new enemy.

Daxon
Dragon

Post by Daxon »

Spell ideas...hum

maybe..He can summon golems, no? little golems of a warrior size, a spell caster golem (than the mage skeletons of the Diablo II),or a golem that always trowing stones... , resurrect zombies or skeletons.

another spells apart:

-Magic Defense: to put on your hero or on your creatures to increase defense.
-Poison Inmunity: immune to poison for a short time.
-Heal spell: maybe this spell must be in last levels.
-Invisibility"?": for prepare the spells? or scape [:p].
-MindController: Change temporaly the monster to your side.
-FootStomp"?": A magic stomp to stay the enemy shocked in a little period time.
-(This is maybe a impossible idea)Lethal Rain: When your player be in a house or are secure of the weather, the wizard change him(the weather) to rain and the monsters that are expose to the weather will be hurt or dead by the lethal rain.
-Shock: Lighting attack.
-match-Hand: your hand give a little light to explore the darkness.
-Blind: your oponent attack around him or run to aleatory area in little seconds (for escape or have time to do another spell).
-FreezeThem: Freeze your oponents into a ice stone and broke him in pieces.
-Fanatic: Your units attack faster and dont think in the own defense, good too to use in enemys for desactivate his protection with the shield.
-ElementInmunity: only fisical damage can hurt you.
-Slowtime: temporaly you can scape or do more spells for save your life.
-PowerSpell: the same effect of the potion into spell

this spells, when the player has high level will do a new combo and the spell will be more dangerous ( change the color of the spell too, etc)

I have my Prtl for some of this ideas , and some icons (for example the standard poisoned icon, I have for the freeze, fanatic and blind spell)

P.D: Remember another old ideas: (for example: drain life) the drain life idea I think it too, but for arrows arrows, they can steal life.
the dalgurak magic shield is a great idea too.

Now you have some [:D]... ideas [|)]

Saludos Bladeros

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

[:D] Good stuff. That's much the lines I was thinkng of, The tricky part is the playability. There must be some sort of caveat to his magic attcks or he would be vitually omnipotent. At the mo I have done three range attacks. In magic mode he will fight mormally at close quarters but from a distance he will launch spells.

I want to try the teleporter attack. Not sure how it will work. I like the idea of levitating rocks to drop on unwary enemies.[B)] Also the conquering of (ally) demons. Maybe I'll try the 'Jason and the Argonauts' skel raising thing. (I think maybe that is where RAS got the idea from[;)]). But Wiz would have to collect artifacts (dragon teeth?) from slain monsters and cast them on the ground to raise the spirits of all the monsters victims.

Most of these things are possible.[8D] Anyhow, for a start I will put a few things in a demo map and release it for testing.

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

Pro you need also to make new sounds for the casting spells, like use some words in latin when he starts to make is magic.

And if you ned some hell, not in the coding but in the modeling side minus the caracter because i don´t know how to model them, but other things i will be glad to help.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I.....Have.....The.....Powwwwwwwwerrrrrr![:0]

Yes some new magic-type sounds would be nice. If you want to have a go at a model, just make the mesh and texture it. I'm sure TP or Jacen can build in the skeleton.[:)]

More wierd stuff.....

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Wahey! When's the new Greyskull map coming out Pro? [:D] A remake of He-Man in the BOD universe! You've already got Skeletor there with a bit of head work.

Daxon
Dragon

Post by Daxon »

I have some sounds for spells, monsters etc

some interestings sounds : wait me here! or Follow me!, (taken of the game Clans, a big **** game of friendware, but fantastic voices and orders, [are in spain [|)]]

Anyone listened my new sounds (made by me, with a microphone) of ragnar and Dark Knight?

are fantastic, some of my friends listened the new sounds and they was very surprise [:0] ! [:p]

Next day I send it to Big truck to my own web

Cheers- saludos

big truck
Dragon

Post by big truck »

[:D][:D]

Without any doubt, 2005 is a good year for the new stuffs !! [8D]

Everybody works hard [8)]

[:)]

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

Yes some new magic-type sounds would be nice. If you want to have a go at a model, just make the mesh and texture it. I'm sure TP or Jacen can build in the skeleton.[:)]

More wierd stuff.....

<font size="2">Excellent stuff Pro.[:0] Maybe you have a new caracter to includ in F4[;)].

About the new caracter mesh i´m trying to make one but because i never modeled a humam figure befor it will not be RAS quality.[8)]</font id="size2">

Daxon
Dragon

Post by Daxon »

Argoon:

The important is the interior[;)], you must first do the idea and more later do the 3d model, try with the 3d model of the Darklord[:p], the pink guy, do a new skin a now you have a Frodo [:D], for example, or the thin vamp with a nice skin can be a nice halberdier... try with one different model of the game , change the skin and now all we are happy [|)], do a 3d is really hard for you at first.
Jacen did one and today the 3d model isn´t finished..

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Daxon</i>

Argoon:

The important is the interior[;)], you must first do the idea and more later do the 3d model, try with the 3d model of the Darklord[:p], the pink guy, do a new skin a now you have a Frodo [:D], for example, or the thin vamp with a nice skin can be a nice halberdier... try with one different model of the game , change the skin and now all we are happy [|)], do a 3d is really hard for you at first.
Jacen did one and today the 3d model isn´t finished..

<font size="2">Thanks but my skills at texturing are not so great[8)], and about the model the problem is to make it look good and at the same time be low poly, the caracter that Pro is using looks good for the job and just need a more "wizard" texture. like maybe make it more white, ( Gandalf the white[:D]).</font id="size2">
<font size="2">

P.S- I could also try to make a better model if someone could make for me a drawing ( caracter concept) of the new caracter.</font id="size2">

Daxon
Dragon

Post by Daxon »

hum...I can do for you some pictures of a wizard idea.

If you have hotmail much better:

[email protected]