New Character: The Wizard

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by [email protected]</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adinirahc</i>

Lol I even have a Predator model I once modelled :)

Greets

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ha, as far as I know Predators were hunting humans long time ago, before Medieval times(Information from the movie) So they can be in Blade of darkness, fighting them would be intresting.

But it will probably be some kind of bull****[:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"><font size="2">

No that would be VERY COOL[:p][8D], the problem is that we don´t have animators nor a good caracter modeler, so that is only a dream of mine and ofcourse yours as well.[;)]</font id="size2">

p.s-Now that i realized that exist a model[:I], is it lowpoly can it be used in BOD?

Daxon
Dragon

Post by Daxon »

Argoon Im working on the picture for your 3d model, is hard I mixing different styles of clothes to create a new wizard, with the same stetic of the rest heroes of blade. I think that the wizard must seem a oficial character and no copy of another game.

But if we all do more wizards much better we can do too a necromancer of the adinirahc´s image.

I will be amazing

Cheers

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Daxon</i>

Argoon Im working on the picture for your 3d model, is hard I mixing different styles of clothes to create a new wizard, with the same stetic of the rest heroes of blade. I think that the wizard must seem a oficial character and no copy of another game.

But if we all do more wizards much better we can do too a necromancer of the adinirahc´s image.

I will be amazing

Cheers

<font size="2">Ok Daxon take your time but don´t taaaaaaake your time[;)], i´m impacient to see your wizard[8D]. </font id="size2">

Adinirahc
Whelp

Post by Adinirahc »

Yes it is low poly. And it includes racial armor, mask and the modelled face too of course. I think I had a pic online. CHecking now.... Well I just uploaded a pic of it:

Well that's the guy. Still havn't made his arm computers. Or well never got to it.

caravel
Whelp

Post by caravel »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

I have given the Wiz a re-spray, changed the license plates and filed off the engine number.[:D] (And swapped heads)

[:D]

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

what about of use it for BOD?

It will need new weapons

Adinirahc
Whelp

Post by Adinirahc »

It will need new weapons, animations and spells (shoulder cannon) that's quite a big mod.

Of weapons it will need the disc, could work like dal's boomerang, wristblades and a spear.

[email protected]
Whelp

Post by [email protected] »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adinirahc</i>

It will need new weapons, animations and spells (shoulder cannon) that's quite a big mod.

Of weapons it will need the disc, could work like dal's boomerang, wristblades and a spear.

A Predator in blade... sounds cool[:)]

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

<font size="2">New weapons, Hum i could model the cannon the disc and the spear, i just ned to find some good pics. I will start now[:)].

the animations we don´t nedd new ones BOD have all what we nedd, even the reap skull animation ( pick up animation plus the haiana sword combo animation, like when he raises the arm up [;)])</font id="size2">

Adinirahc
Whelp

Post by Adinirahc »

Um.. Sorry for interupting. I know I built the predator model, but this post is called. The Wizard! :o
Shouldn't we keep it to that topic?

*Pokes prospero* How far are ya? Huh, tell me, tell me! :)

Greets Adinirahc

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

Um.. Sorry for interupting. I know I built the predator model, but this post is called. The Wizard! :o
Shouldn't we keep it to that topic?

*Pokes prospero* How far are ya? Huh, tell me, tell me! :)

Greets Adinirahc

Ho you right sorry guys[8)]. I have faith in you Pro[^]. Now what about my levitating objects idea are you loking into it?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Progress Report.[8)]

I haven't done much with the model, but I am concentrating on the code.

At the mo he has 8 magic moves.

Launch Chaos Knight balls
Shoot fireballs
Lightning
Big purple wobbly spells
Conjour up beasties to attack enemies
Launch fire rings
Launch sharp blades
Fire ice crystals that freeze enemies temporarily. When they are frozen one hit will shatter them to bits. (borrowed from Drakan.[;)])

I have also built in a magic level element with display in scorer. Magic attacks consume this level. I'm working on magic potions, etc to restore his power.

He has a magic staff that he must be holding to perform magic. Also just done a sword for him that will also do magic stuff.

Lot to do yet......[:0]

Film at 11

Adinirahc
Whelp

Post by Adinirahc »

Sounds good so far Pro, but you want to give the wizard some sort of mana then? I know it's your mod, but isn't mana too ordinary. And how would there ever be enough pots for him to be able to keep the spells hurling?
Why not do it like the melee fighters' energy bar. His energy draws with each spell. Make it regenerate slower. And then perhaps potions that can give a surten amount of energy to speed things up, when in the middle of a fight. etc.

Btw is it magic the final boss uses, when he hurls those meteors at the player. Like some sort of meteor swarm? And would it be possible to give the player that move? Final boss' blue lightning beam - chain lightning perhaps.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I am hoping to devise other ways of recharging apart from the potions.

I have put in a few parts that restrict the magic moves, e.g. fire attacks won't damage certain enemies and most are only useable at a distance from the enemy. Also the power of certain spells is dependant
on the Player level and amount of magic power.

With the Wizard sword I want to give it minimal hits points but activate extra damage in attacks. The more magic he has the more powerful the sword.[:0]

The meteor storm could be done, but the prob is that the Boss only uses them in one scene which is tightly scripted. There are certain places where you could not use them. What if the enemy were in a room with a low ceiling? Same thing applies to dropping rocks on enemies. You have to consider the 'what if' factor. [;)]

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

In terms of recharge, how about making it necessary to pick up a certain item?

For example, the rod in the Temple of Al Farum could slowly regenerate the player. When I played through the other day, I left my barbarian standing in a corner holding it after killing all the enemies and restored him from about 1000 hit points to full strength (about 5000 I think) while I went and had my evening meal.[:D]

Expanding this idea, make it necessary to find a healing staff/wand/amulet/bracelet/whatever which he has to hold to slowly restore his power (faster than the rod in Al Farum of course). This adds a tactical element of finding a safe place to do it as it would be impossible for him to attack while doing this.