New Character: The Wizard

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

Regarding the sword, I'd go with him keeping it.

A good example of a wizard making use of one would be Gandalf in Lord of the Rings.

Daxon
Dragon

Post by Daxon »

Argoon soon download from my web the pictures of the blizzard (the front and the post) Is a original model not the basic wizard with cloak etc is think and have long hair etc

If you want another thing maybe I can do it

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Daxon</i>

Argoon soon download from my web the pictures of the blizzard (the front and the post) Is a original model not the basic wizard with cloak etc is think and have long hair etc

If you want another thing maybe I can do it

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ok m8 i will do[:)]

Daxon
Dragon

Post by Daxon »

Thanks big truck [|)]

Argoon now you can take the pictures

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Daxon</i>

Thanks big truck [|)]

Argoon now you can take the pictures

Ok can you tell me were in your site because i just don´t seam to see or find them[8)].

Daxon
Dragon

Post by Daxon »

See down ^^ of my message

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

Ok now i saw them, it was not what i asked but is ok, this will do i will start make it when i have some free time in my hands[:)].

Daxon
Dragon

Post by Daxon »

You dont said me in what style do you wanted[:)]

Okey: how in spain we say : P´lante como los de Alicante [8D]

Cheeers

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

to-nites Wiz report.[8)]

I have got him to teleport.[8D] I thought it was going to be tricky but it worked (almost) first time. If he is fighting he will appear behind the enemy (if there is space). Otherwise he goes 5 metres forward. I haven't got him stuck in a wall so far, but he will go though walls as long as there is a space on the other side.

Forget looking for keys.[:p]

esfumato.

I tried linking magic attacks into combos. They work OK, but I think I like my original method best. There is also a prob with animations, as some attacks use the same animation and I can only use it once in a combo. Wait until you can try the demo. If the general concensus is that my idea is bad, then I'll think again.[;)]

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

You dont said me in what style do you wanted[:)]

Okey: how in spain we say : P´lante como los de Alicante [8D]

Cheeers

<font size="2">No not the style[:D], i asked for a front and side pic, but you gave me a front and back pic, its ok because i already have a F\S human pic i just nedd to aply the cloth and belt and the other stuff in it(the model)[;)].

Pro you are doing a great job, i´m just a litle disapointed, because you never replyed to my question\idea, here it is again:[;)]<font color="green"> Is it possible to make the wizard be able to pick objects, make them flout in from of him and them shoot them at the enemys.</font id="green"></font id="size2">[:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Sorry Argoon I missed that one.

I suppose it would work with some objects. They would have to be quite small. If he were inside and picked up a big table it would probably get stuck in a wall. I'll have a go at it and see how it works.[:D]

Heres an interesting thing.[8)]

The Great Demon has an Earthquake attack that is supposed to vibrate objects within a set radius and cause the Player to drop his weapons.
I can't ever remember him actually using this attack. Has anyone had this happen?

Daxon
Dragon

Post by Daxon »

Argh sorry Argoon I will do the side picture[|)]

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

Sorry Argoon I missed that one.

I suppose it would work with some objects. They would have to be quite small. If he were inside and picked up a big table it would probably get stuck in a wall. I'll have a go at it and see how it works.[:D]

Heres an interesting thing.[8)]

The Great Demon has an Earthquake attack that is supposed to vibrate objects within a set radius and cause the Player to drop his weapons.
I can't ever remember him actually using this attack. Has anyone had this happen?

<font size="2">So lets do some small objects that could exist in that periode, and give some ammunition to the man[8D]
One question do you know how the physics work in BOD, does it use the shape of the object does alowing concave and convexe objects, or it give a simple box or a sphere to the mesh so it is used as the colison object. If it does the secund thing, is it possible to give to a mesh a colision object manualy, in 3d max or what ever, in the Max payne2 game i make a physical object by assigning a box or a non concave object as the colision mesh, that will not be render in game but will recebe all the colitions, this is made within the level editor.</font id="size2">

<font size="2"> <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Argh sorry Argoon I will do the side picture<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I don´t nedd one, but if you want to do one so be my guest.[:)]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok i did my first one in 5 minuts and here it is, a bucket[:D].

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ket2db.png</font id="size2">

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

There is some code that can make any object solid. But all objects don't naturally inflict damge even if they hit you. You have to give them extra code.

Crazydwarf
Whelp

Post by Crazydwarf »

Just popping my ancient head in here..I havent read the whole topic here yet as its pretty late, but I have an idea think would not be impossible, mayhap abit out of place for the feel of the character.
Perhaps its allready been spoken of aswell.

Necromancy is a big thing in BOD so why not have aspell to summon a skeleton a level or five below the wizard himself, to fight his foes for him ?
Or atleast soften them up enough.

Just tossing an idea out of my head late at night, thats all.