New Character: The Wizard

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hey BT. What did you your last slave die of? [:D][|)]

btw. Is your e-mail working OK??

Tonites Wizard report:

He now has 4 different costumes (thanx to TP.)

big truck
Dragon

Post by big truck »

[:)]

I don't know what did my last slave die of, I'll ask to him the next time I'll meet him... [:D][:D]

I'm on the forum when I'm back at home, I drive my... big truck in the United States all the week, average 900km par day... so I'm a bit tired [xx(][|)] at the "pause day" and it's true that I post here less often than before[:I][:I]... But I'm still here [8D][8D][8D] friends [:D]

My email works well [:)]...

Congratulations guys for all these new stuffs, really very nice !!!

Next sunday, probably we will organize a big fight[}:)] with A LOT of deads on Internet [;)][:p][:p]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Big 10-4 on that good buddy. Catch ya on the flip-flop.[8D]

(remember all that cr*p? [:I])

Vasja
Dragon

Post by Vasja »

Bigtruck s'en va-t-en guerre.

Jgun
Whelp

Post by Jgun »

maybe i'll jump in on the next match-up

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

Sweet! I want. Now.

Seriously, any schedule on a release? [?]

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

Yes very cool Pro :)

big truck
Dragon

Post by big truck »

Looks very [8D][8D] !

I'd like to see too, the same menu with a new character named... Prospero [:D][:D]...

What would be written as characteristics for this character [:p][:p] !

Would he be easy or hard to beat [:D] ? What weight, height, age, speciality, etc [:D]...

Tomorrow, big fight at 15:00 GMT ! Sharpen you swords and come on [:p][8D]. Don't forget to find my IP with the Game Browser, as usually.[;)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Cheers Guys.[8D]

Wiz is coming on quite well, although there is a lot of tweaking to be done to balance the damage of his spells, etc. My fav is the one where he launches a skull from the staff which chases enemies and steals life points.

I have 9 spells at the mo, all linked to his magic staff. I'm now working on abilities for his sword which will be exed from combos.(any ideas?)

Also made him a really nice shield which is more like an arm guard. It reflects back damage to enemies that hit it like the vamp shield.
I want to make other shields with different attributes, particually one that will defend from fire attacks.

I have other unrealised ideas. Healing spells for use on allies and invisibility potions, although the invisibility thing could prove too tricky....

Any other ideas, now is the time to suggest them.[8)]

btw. The Cat and Badger chars are hysterical. You aught to see them go after a Minotaur.

taurus
Whelp

Post by taurus »

You are asking for ideas, well here is one : his sword could maybe generate Fugitive 4 and 5 when you press attack+up ?

[:D]

However, I was wondering how the 'pets' system work. Does the wizard summon them whenever he wants, or are they always walking along with him ? Do they get hurt and die ? Can we choose between the badger and the cat at the beginning of a game ? (lI think I like the badger better btw. Time for a poll ?[:p]). I think it might be better if he couldn't have both of them at the same time. WOuld suit more to an heroic fantasy atmosphere, just my 2cents.

Cheers
Taurus

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Well they are just like normal pets, but you can set their owner name so that they will follow him about if they can. Also you can set them as allies of the Player so that they are automatically summoned when the Player engages in combat. Plus....if they actually manage to kill anything then their owner also gets their XP.[:)]

Wiz also has crows which you can position on guard and they give a yell if an enemy comes near, (they won't attack though).

Yes they DO get hurt.[B)]

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

[:D] nice cat.

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Pro !

I back ! Good work Masklin wizard ![;)]
Looking young for 947 years [;)]

If need me for any models call me [:D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi TP.[:)] have a good trip?

the Wiz is working fine. I am fine-tuning the potentcy of his spells at the moment. Badger and Cat are also working great. The Cat got a Mino last night.[:0] (He didn't drag it indoors and leave it on the doormat. [:D])

I'm trying to make a female character (wiz assistant) and trying make it so that she uses a fully operational weapon in each hand. This is not easy as if you define the Left-hand weapon as a 'Weapon' rather than a 'Shield', she automatically drops it when hit. There is a built in method that does this so that if the char is drinking a potion or holding a key, etc, they will release it if attacked. So I am trying to make a sword that can be defined as a Shield and still do damage. The tricky part is getting her to hold it right as a Shield is linked to the sheild anchor not the L-hand. If I can't get it right then maybe it would be easier to move the shield anchor on the model. This would mean she wouldn't hold normal shields correctly but this wouldn't matter a lot it she stuck to her own set of weapons.
btw. The female models seem to have a slight problem at the shoulders. Don't know if you can improve them. It's not really noticeable unless you look very close. I'll see if I can get a shot to show what I mean. I'm using the Fem1 model and trying various meshes. The ones I have tried have bare shoulders. (The ones with more clothes look better around the arms but not so much fun[:p])

If you find any more suitable wizard bodies that you can graft his head onto, more the better. Maybe some with lightly armoured parts..... I'll leave it to you. [;)]