New Character: The Wizard

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

brian
Dragon

Post by brian »

I had crash issues with NewOrcCity when I tried it a year or so ago. I'll have to give it another go now that I know what the cause is <i>(ie. EBrowser function bound to a key I already use).</i>

After some thought I agree that remote det. arrows are a bit much[:p].

I'm curious to see the wizard transform into the werewolf.[8D]
Also, does he say anything when he casts a spell?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Drugged arrows are nearly working. Just have to put in FX to disguise the swap. I have had to exclude certain enemies such as vamps, lichs, etc, as there could be problems. Archers are imune at the mo as it is
tricky to duplicate their weapons inventory.

The land mines in NewOrcCity (like the rest of it) were really just an experiment. They do work quite well as I remember. You can carry them in inventory and drop them where you like, then you have a few secs to get clear before they arm themselves. After that, any person who goes near them will set them off.[B)]

At the mo Wiz vocals are based mostly on existing ones. It is possible to alter the Pitch in code to vary them a little. I did consider editing a new set to make his voice more individual, but there are lots of files and it would take time. Also, sound files are quite large so it would add a lot to the size of the mod. I have added a few new sounds for spell FX, etc. If someone cares to make him a whole new set of vocals, then I will gladly incorperate them.[:)]

Werewolf is good fun.[:D] I have done a nice transmogrification routine. He has very long arms and can take the heads off traitor knights with one swipe.[:p] Also fixed it so he does not react to hits so his attacks are not interrupted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Later. 'Persuasion' arrows now working fine.

Here's a Mino I doped earlier....

All good friends now and no nasty fighting.[:D]

Delerion
Whelp

Post by Delerion »

Wow this looks awesome :O

Haven't played BOD for a while but now reinstalled, and still mods are being made for it :) its a great game, nice those NWN models as i have played NWN more than quite a bit [:p]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Pro!

Great work !!!

So I have also work hard, I had create new damages, could be add on arrows or swords or other weapons;
- Zomby damage ally : it convert the victim to Zomby ally and the victim has the same mesh as the origin .
- Zomby damage enemy : it convert the victim to Zomby enmy .
_ Cage damage : it capture the victim in a cage. If the victim lever is biger as your, you could'n used it on him . The victim losed 2 level point. if the victim dead, he will be convert as skeleton members. The cage is breakable so you can break it and get a potion, or the victim can break it too.
_ Ally convert damage : it convert the victim to an ally .

I had also work on the Bowbalista Warmachine , and now the string are link to the bow and to the movable palette( the string move too ).I had also make an Arbalista Warmachine .

Some screen shoots :

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi TP.[:D]

All that new stuff looks like great fun.[:p] I meant to have a go at the balisita machine myself, but it looks as though you have done exactly what I had in mind.

btw. I have been trying the Shade_N model as an skin for the Wizard, but his arms are at slightly strange angle. Any chance you could tweak him a bit? [;)]

btw2. The Wizards glamorous assistant has gone away to another map for training and a Dwarf has come in as replacement. The cat has taken a great likeing to him and follows him about wherever he goes.
How spooky is that?[:0]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Pro !

Bowbalista: I need to work more to the color of the strings and the orientation target of the progectil , because the reference of the the progectils are the map origin and not the bowbalista orientation. So if I change the orientation of the bowbalista I need to modified the progectil target too.[:(]

Wizard : I have rebuild Shade_N like the Wizard , can you test it and tell me if it's OK?
http://perso.orange.fr/tptptmods/NEWCHA ... hade_N.BOD

Bird : I have try to create a crow frind for Shade_N but the BOD crow can't be used like a "person" so I have make a new bird , and it run in test , you can call him and he come on the player shoulders , you can also make him free to attack your enemy , ... need more work .
For fun:[:D]
An other machine: the Guillotine who cut head and kill the victim[;)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Thanx TP. I will check out the new model.[:D]

New crow model sounds good. How about a falcon?[:p]

You can get a position relative to an object for targeting purposes with:

x,y,z=obj.Rel2AbsPoint(0,0,0)

0,0,0 will return the center pos of the obj, but alter the values, e.g

(2000,-4000,0) and you get a point 2000 to the right and 4000 in front.(same hight), which ever way the object is pointing.

btw. this is for character orientation. It may be different according to how the object was orientated in max. You have to work out how it works for a particular object.

btw2. Check the bowstring settings in ItemTypes - class Arco.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Later....

Nice one TP.[8D]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Pro![:D]

Tank you for your help,I have used Rel2AbsVector and now the arrow target is ok on the Arbalista warmachine, strings color are OK also.

Bird ally: the model I have test was already a falcon [;)] but I have some pbm with the wings , when he flyed it's ok but when he stayed on floor or on shoulder in rlx action the wings are mixed , I need to find the good structure of the BOD crow to build it correctly.[xx(]

Later ...[;)]
Other warmachine "Couillard"

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Wooowwwwwweeeeeeeeee TP.[:p]

Are you getting ready for a siege?

Who's the chick btw? [:D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Getting there.....[:p]

If I can just get the saves to load.[8)]

big truck
Dragon

Post by big truck »

[:p]

TP[:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Who's the chick btw? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

... Yes indeed, I'd like to know [:p][:p][:D]

Pro[:)]

Is your Wizard trying to add some new code in C++ to allow us to play in multiplayer mode ?[:p][:p][:p][8D][8D][:D]

Or perhaps he wants to play FugitiveIV [:D][:D]

Good job mates !!

[:D]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Pro & BT![:D]

The chick girl was a test but to many polygon to used her in BOD[:(]
Max picture:

Did the wizard play on the Arena? Pro_VS_Wizard ![;)]

PsychoForces
Hatchling

Post by PsychoForces »

when the new char will be ready ?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Wizard works fine, but debugging savegame is very tricky. Just when I think it is all working I find another one.[}:)]

I have him in a new map with acts purely as a demo. There are lots of repawning enemies ro practice on. Also included are new NPC's (Courtesy of TP), Cat and Badger (allies) and loads of new undeads and skels.

When you have finished practicing and aquired enough new powers you can do on to further maps (which will be released later). The first four are the original start maps with (hopefully) more new enemies.

I have been working on the code (there is a lot of it) for over a year now so I want it as bugless as possible before release.[:D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

OK Folks. [:D]

V1.0 Wizard map is just about ready.[:)] (I think.)

http://www.petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuf ... Domain.zip

It's a biggish download (18mb), so if anyone has d/l probs I will see if I can split it into bite-size chunks.

The map is purely a demo so there is an everlasting supply of respawning enemies. Explore around to find hidden areas and discover all sorts of interesting stuff.

Installation should be simple. Unzip to BODLoader/Mods and away you go...[:p]

There are 16 alternative meshes, all selectable in the menu. Also a buddy to help you out. The original 'wizgirl' assistant is not in this version as she needs more work to get her just right.

**Allies mod is essential**

All the text is still English only. (Next job.[8)])

I was going to put in all new enemies but I thought the map was big enough as is, so I have just included TP's Zombies and Skels. They do come in lots of different meshes however. I you want a good laff, wait until you have a few Zombies gathered around and engage Magic Power.

There is also 58 new objects.[:0]

Give it a whirl and see what you think.....