Level Editing: Scripting

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Tomash
Dragon

Post by Tomash »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sir Random</i>

Ok, I'm going to try disassembling the Orlok .bw file, so the atmosphere can be changed [}:)].
I may be gone for a very long time.............. [:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Don't you know that Prospero has all MP-files of original game[;)]

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

Hi charly,
'fixed' means the fog density is reduced, but there are still no .MP files to edit [:(].

EDIT\
It seems Prospero has the .MP file, so you could ask him for it.

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tomash</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sir Random</i>

Ok, I'm going to try disassembling the Orlok .bw file, so the atmosphere can be changed [}:)].
I may be gone for a very long time.............. [:D]

Don't you know that Prospero has all MP-files of original game[;)]
No, I didn't know they were available...

I thought the .mp files on Big Truck's site were the only source files.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi SR. I just sent you an e-mail from the forum. Not sure if the addy is still the one you use. I'm away from my PC at the mo, so I can't check my mail.

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

Hi SR. I just sent you an e-mail from the forum. Not sure if the addy is still the one you use. I'm away from my PC at the mo, so I can't check my mail.
Got it,
Thanks Prospero.

charly
Dragon

Post by charly »

SR, is there a way to give fog to non foggy maps, like Shalatuwar (this would be great) or Castle of Nemrut yeeee

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

Yes, existing atmospheres can be changed with a hex editor, but if a map isn't designed with foggy areas, then the fog could end up everywhere (indoors too). It is possible to edit each sector individually, but there's no way of knowing where the sectors are in the map without decoding the vertices and height, which is way too much work.

Btw, if you want green fog in Abyss, open chaos.bw with a hex editor and change the values in cells #1b, #1c, and #1d to: #00, #7f, #00

charly
Dragon

Post by charly »

ok, so if u add fog to non foggy maps the fog goes into the rooms to (THATS COOOLLL) [:D]

I tried hex editor, for making different bods for great ork, to use more great ork mesh in one map, but I cant figured out how to use, I read prosperos help what Tomash showed me, but nothing [:(]

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Hi Prospero and Sir Random.[:D]

How do I create a body that will be dead to sit near the wall? I would like to place the dead body in a different position on the map. I can only put a dead knight on the floor or a dead knight with the severed body parts with blood, but create enemies sitting about wall or in other positions...[:I]

** Prospero. I'll check your instructions and guidance for 3dmax tomorrow.[:)]

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

Unfortunately, there is no "rag doll" effect in Blade (yet), and characters can only be posed in positions that have been pre-determined in animations.

I wanted some bodies for my mod too, and I'm wondering if it's possible to pose a character model in 3DMax, then discard the skeleton and save him as an ordinary object? Prospero?

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Of course you can make a character model as a doll in 3dsmax we load .max model, create a group for him and impose a texture, then export as .BOD model. You had this in mind?

I saw that Slader did the corpses, who were dead in a sitting position next to the wall. I'm sure about Prospero knows how to do it. After all, there is an "Drunken Werder" from the first map for knight. He leaned against the wall in a sitting position and he was drunk. But I need him dead and covered with blood.

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

It's gone very quiet in here, so I thought I'd try and post something useful.

I've been playing with Blade doors (I think of them as dynamic sectors) and I had a look at the built-in functions for opening/closing doors in different ways.

The way a door opens and closes is specified by the door's 'opentype' and 'closetype' attributes.

There are three types of movement:

UNIF ## Uniform. The door will move at a fixed speed.

AC ## Accelerate. The door will get faster as it moves.

DEC ## Decelerate. The door will get slower as it moves.

These movements can be used on their own, or combined to give variable speed doors:

AC_UNIF_DEC
AC_UNIF
UNIF_DEC
AC_DEC

The 'AC', 'UNIF', and 'DEC' parts each require 2 values, which are velocity and displacement (vel, displ).

The most complex is AC_UNIF_DEC which will make the door start slowly, accelerate to UNIF speed, travel at UNIF speed for a certain distance, then decelerate to a gentle stop (Ideal for elevators)

This example code will make a door accelerate for a distance of 500 units, then travel at a constant speed for the next 3000 units, then decelerate to a stop over the final 500 units.

Gdoor1=Doors.CreateDoor("GDoor1", (x, z, y), (0,-1,0), <font color="green">500</font id="green">, <font color="red">4500</font id="red">, Doors.CLOSED)
Gdoor1.opentype=Doors.AC_UNIF_DEC
Gdoor1.o_init_vel=0
Gdoor1.o_init_displ=500
Gdoor1.o_med_vel=-800
Gdoor1.o_med_displ=3000
Gdoor1.o_end_vel=0
Gdoor1.o_end_displ=500

The total displacement (init_displ + med_displ + end_displ) should equal the displacement specified when the door is created:
(500 + 3000 + 500) = (<font color="red">4500</font id="red"> - <font color="green">500</font id="green">)

I'll try to explain the 3 phases:
Phase1
The door starts with the 'initial' velocity of 0 (o_init_vel=0), and accelerates to a median velocity of 800 (o_med_vel=-800), while travelling the initial displacement distance of 500 units (o_init_displ=500)

Phase2
The door continues travelling at median velocity (800) for the next 3000 units (o_med_displ=3000)

Phase3
The door decelerates from 800 to the end velocity 0 (o_end_vel=0), while travelling the end displacement distance of 500 units (o_end_displ=500)

Closing doors is the same thing in reverse, except the attribute names begin with c_ instead of o_

Gdoor1.closetype=Doors.AC_UNIF_DEC
Gdoor1.c_init_vel=0
Gdoor1.c_init_displ=1000
Gdoor1.c_med_vel=4000
Gdoor1.c_med_displ=2000
Gdoor1.c_end_vel=0
Gdoor1.c_end_displ=1000

I hope that's understandable, but if anyone has any questions, just ask!

For all the Spanish members,
Congratulations on becoming Campeones del mundo!!! [:D]

IrateGiant
Dragon

Post by IrateGiant »

Very useful and good explanation SR! [:)]

P.S. Thanks!!! [:D][:D][:D]

IrateGiant
Dragon

Post by IrateGiant »

OK, I´ve a problem with a light focus [:(]

How can i put a light focus on a particular place without the light spreading to the sides?

Here a pic with the light spread:

How can i center the focus to display the light through the room?

Example:

it´s possible? [:)]

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

You need to move the light much further away to decrease the 'spread'.

The game's sunlight will also give the effect you want.

If you want a visible 'shaft' of light (like there was smoke or dust in the air), then you need to create sectors to match your diagram shape, and then change the lighting/atmosphere of the 'shaft' sectors.