FugitiveIII

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Rampage
Dragon

Post by Rampage »

Ok, Pro, now works good, even with a bow behind a back[:)]

4 white fogs/clouds: 2 have appeared after killing of ChaosKnight before a Shrine, 2 after killing MetalGolem. What is it?
Maybe, their souls? [:D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

The ice rockets leave behind their vapour for some reason. It does no harm.[8)]

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

As I've now got a powerful enough computer to play the Fugitive maps, any reason the original isn't on your site Pro?

brian
Dragon

Post by brian »

How did you make the night/day transition? I take it the night sky is not a NULL texture, or are you able to assign more than one .mmp to NULL?
However you did it, its impressive[8D].

Also, I noticed (so far) most fire-light sources don't emit shadows. I was wondering why?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Gorgon.

I am updating ep.1 There were still a few niggly bugs in it and I thought of a lot of improvements over the years. the new version won't be significantly different in gameplay terms, except I have moved one of the keys and made a few enemies harder. There was a lot of repetitious code in it. I have taken out about 3000 lines.[:0]

brian. I was wondering when someone was going to ask that. No, you can't change the textures or lighting. Logically there is only one way to do it. The secret of a god magic trick is to go to enormous lengths to achieve a small effect.[;)]
I switched off a lot of light shadows for performance sake.

Argoon
Dragon

Post by Argoon »

Pro first i must say that F3 is excellent, realy cativating history that make us want to know more, excellent "new" caracters, a realy good game, and with humor[;)] , you are realy a Pro not only by name.[:)]

The map worked realy good for me, i only haved some slowdowns, but they were small, and it could be my PC and not the game, no crashs for me[:)].

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Thanks Argoon.

A satisfied customer.[:D]

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

Gorgon.

I am updating ep.1 There were still a few niggly bugs in it and I thought of a lot of improvements over the years. the new version won't be significantly different in gameplay terms, except I have moved one of the keys and made a few enemies harder. There was a lot of repetitious code in it. I have taken out about 3000 lines.[:0]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Reason I ask, is I have a <i><b>VERY OLD</b></i> copy of Fugitive which I believe probably still has all the original bugettes in it. I've not loaded it on my new laptop yet but I intend to as on my old computer I never got further than the falling elephant due to framerate issues.

Axle Stone
Whelp

Post by Axle Stone »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

Finally I think this map is in a playable state.[:D]

Grab it from the Maps page on my site:

http://www.petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuf ... stuff.html

Enjoy.[:D]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sorry, Pro, but i can"t see any links in this page !! Simply Watch This Space.......[:(]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Thats weird. [:0] That is the old page. Have you tried resfreshing the page?

Axle Stone
Whelp

Post by Axle Stone »

Yes, i tried, but nothing happens. Can you give me Direct link for downloading file ??

As i remember in beta of F3, there are in the end, when dragon flies with map of lands in his teeths, game crashes to desktop!! Is this bug fixed??

boupas
Hatchling

Post by boupas »

prospero
the crash in the wyvern scene happens when the wyvern flies away after it has left me the map.The screen goes black
and the music keeps playing repeatedly for a few seconds.Then a message from windows pops up reporting a problem with python.dll and that blade.exe must be terminated.The last thing I see is the wyvern far away and some mountains on the back.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

http://www.petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuf ... iveIII.zip

It is a pity about the wyvern scene but at least it is only a few seconds until the map would exit anyway. Problem is that it has never crashed with me. I must have run it 100's of times. So I can't really try to fix it unless it does.[8)]

Axle Stone
Whelp

Post by Axle Stone »

Well, now it works fine!!

Rampage
Dragon

Post by Rampage »

People, what`s problems? All works perfectly! No bugs, no lags. D/load is OK! Wyverns flys some circles and game normally comes to an end - all game is reloaded as in the beginning at start.

<font size="1">Maybe, my comp is too good for it? (Pent4-3GHz-HT 1024RAM nVidea6600-128Mb WinXP-SP2)</font id="size1">