FugitiveIII

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

sgi1981
Dragon

Post by sgi1981 »

To me the purpose of many levers in the beta-version is not clear...

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

The dwarf down the tunnel is a joke for later on......[:)]

The levers in the dungeon each open one of the cells. You can release the dwarfs to help you fight the Golem, but you have to remember the order, or you let out the orks. [:0] In reality the dwarfs are more of a hinderance than a help, but it is quite funny watching them knocking hell out of the Golem (That's if they don't hit each other.)

Rampage
Dragon

Post by Rampage »

@Pro First, sgi tried to play the final version! It was impossible for him. I have given beta to him after - after full uninstall BOD. (beta never was in "free look" and free access on my site[;)])

sgi1981
Dragon

Post by sgi1981 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rampage</i>

@Pro First, sgi tried to play the final version! It was impossible for him. I have given beta to him after - after full uninstall BOD. (beta never was in "free look" and free access on my site[;)])
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<font size="6">It is valid so is.[;)]</font id="size6">
<font color="limegreen">I wrote the personal message Rampage 3 months back with the request to give the Internet - address [8D] dounload FUGITIVEIII.
RAMPAGE has informed, that can not it to me give yet.[:o)][:(]</font id="limegreen">

Daxon
Dragon

Post by Daxon »

My problem is: the ******* dwarf only spoke with me when I cross the wall after the bridge, I stay near of the dwarf, trying to move my warrior for try if maybe he would activate with it, but NOTHING

I know another people that have the same problem than me

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

[B)] This type of bug is the worst. Problem is, until it does it to me I can't begin to understand what causes it. I must have run this scene 100's of times and it has always worked.

Sorry Guys.[:(]

krilin
Hatchling

Post by krilin »

Hello to all the members of this web[:)], I would thank you for making this wonderful game be alive and well. Special remark on Prospero's work; Fugitive I and II are huge and impressive worlds that even Ras guys would applaud[:0].

Unfortunately, i can't play the new chapter Fugitive III.

First to say, i've spanish version of the game, and i've reinstalled the game and FugSkins, Allies, TalkSystem, MoriaMod and both FI and FII. All works fine.

And these are the issues about FIII:
1-When loading bar appears, the text "High among the icy peaks of..." is written in <i>english</i>. Existing Spanish version is not used. However, in FI and FII spanish text was correctly loaded.
2-When the camera flies over the Monastery, correct spanish text appears: "Prospero productions presenta... Fugitivo... episodio tres: El Santuario Montañés".
3-J key works: opens an <i>empty </i> Journal.
4-T key doesn't work.
5-I can explore the sector, but because no conversation is possible with the dwarf, nothing happens.

It seems to be the same problem that Daxon and others have reported. I know you still haven't stated it, but why different languages are detected (points 1 and 2)? Maybe this "confuses" Talk functions? Why J opens an empty journal?

Finally, I'd like to thank all your efforts to solve this problem (and sorry for my forgotten english). Thanks[;)].

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Thanks krilin.[:)] You may have something there. It may be a bug when playing with Spanish installation. I will switch language and do a another runthough.

Later......

OK, I think I have fixed it. There was a strange bug in the Talk database.[}:)] I have updated the files on my site. To save d/l it again I have done a patch:

http://www.petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuf ... fix001.zip

Just replace the TS folder and cfg.py files in the BODLoader copy and
uninstall/install.

If there are still problems, plzzzzzz let me know.

(And thanks again krilin for pointing me in the right direction.[:D])

sgi1981
Dragon

Post by sgi1981 »

Prospero.
The large thank.
Now I at last can play that in the present FUGITIVO III.

sgi1981
Dragon

Post by sgi1981 »

Prospero.
How you think, what the players would make in BLADE, if not your development?

fofoforever
Hatchling

Post by fofoforever »

I can play only with the beta version..... otherwise the knight slips on the ice after have killed the first ork [}:)][}:)][}:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

fofoforever. [8)]

Have you tried pouring anti-freeze down the back of your monitor?
No?
Well don't 'cos it will spoil it.[;)]

Instead, open the FugitiveIII folder in the <i>main</i> Severance/Maps
folder and delete the 'pak' folder. That will cure the problem. (promise.[:)])

sgi1981
Dragon

Post by sgi1981 »

Prospero.
And you tried to remove symbols # in a file cfg.py such lines:
"
#try:
# os.remove (".. \\.. \\ Maps \\ FugitiveIII \\ pak \\ BODPak.dat ")
# os.remove (".. \\.. \\ Maps \\ FugitiveIII \\ pak \\ pf.pak ")
#except:
# pass
"
?

It is a fragment of your file FUGITIVEIII\cfg.py.

Not in what others scripts FUGITIVEIII are not present calls of function
os.remove ().
Symbol # means a beginning of the comment.
Only I do not understand, what for necessary executed code to do(make) by the comment.
Or you simply thought, what except for files BODPak.dat and pf.pak in the catalogue still there is what that files or can be?

krilin
Hatchling

Post by krilin »

Thanks Próspero [;)]. All the issues I posted have been corrected. I can talk to the dwarf and fight the orcs.
Finally, tonight the sword of fugitive Tukaram has woken up. A new and wonderful huge world to explore. The adventure begins [:D].

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

sgi.

When a map is first loaded, the pak folder is created and certain compiled information on the map structureis stored within. This only happens on first load, so if you edit the .mp file and recompile, the files in the pak folder will contain obselete information. The pak folder is not updated if there is one already present. The code in cfg.py forces and update by deleting the existing pak files. It is uncommented only while the map is being built. You could just manually delete the pak every time you recompile the map, but this code does it for you. When the map is finished the code is no longer needed, so it should be removed to cut a second or two off the load time. [;)]

krillin.

Even big games companies have to patch their games. (many times in some cases) So I think I am allowed one. LOL[;)][:D][:D][:p][:I][8)]