Fugitive IV and Prospero Arena 2

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

Hey Pro. I think that you like to do your own maps. But maybe me or others could help you to do the Building work on LED.

If you have the desings of some maps maybe I could do it for you.

I am not Bad building with LED. But I don't Know nothing about coding.

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

Hi esfumato,
If you really like mapping, then why not design your own level? I'd be glad to help with any coding you need (let your imagination run wild [:D]).

For me, the mapping takes up 99% of the time spent on a project. If you have the patience and dedication to build a complete map, then you should definitely have a go at it. I've been working on a new level for a while now, and I'd love some help with the mapping, but how would I describe to you what I want? I have the basic plans in my head, but when I create them in a BoD map the scale and perspective can look all wrong, so I constantly need to adjust my plans as I build.

I think the Blade community needs more mappers (with lots of spare time).

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

You can do a draw or some draws scan them and send them to me.

Maybe you can do a easy to do paint draw with the paint or something. I now how to use led, I have done some maps, but i have lost all of them while doing it. the last one while trying to install linux on my computer :(

The only map I realesed was my first arena for gladiator. at 2002 jajaja

These are some images of the last arena I was trying to do.

and here the link to my first arena.
http://blade-of-darkness.bigtruck-canad ... s/hall.zip

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

It would probably take me longer to draw a detailed plan in paint than to make it in LED. I make rough sketches sometimes, but mostly I create (and test) as I go, which means constantly adapting plans to suit the lighting, textures, and enemy interaction. If I did draw a detailed plan, I'd probably end up changing most of it as I was building it [:)].