MAX SCRIPTS FOR BLADE

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Harrison
Dragon

Re: MAX SCRIPTS FOR BLADE

Postby Harrison » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:14 am

Hi, IrateGiant

Yes, this is a problem in Windows8 too. As I understand setup.exe file of 3DSMAX2.5 distributive has a DOS-structure. I have not tried but may be DOSBox can help.

I have deciphered the format of BOD-file completely. Also I've made the "alpha"- version of new script of 3DSMAX9 with the special utility to export models into BOD format. I think this script will be work in other version 3DSMAX too. For example, simple object (box) was exported from 3DSMAX9 into BOD:
It works in my Windows8.1.
But now I also think about Blender plugins if it possible.

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:48 pm

I'm really amazed! thanks for answering so fast and with incredible advanced work . Your update script are great and allows us to continue working with BOD models with actual systems and modeling programs . Harrison thank you very much . I hope soon to test your new script. :)
Escúchame hijo y aprende el saber...

cieply
Dragon

Postby cieply » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:23 pm

impressive.
When I tried to do something similar with recording/animating camera it ended up being failure - I simply didn't understand completely the .cam file format and had to put it on a shelf... so I know how difficult it is.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

ETTiNGRiNDER
Hatchling

Postby ETTiNGRiNDER » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:18 pm

I have deciphered the format of BOD-file completely. Also I've made the "alpha"- version of new script of 3DSMAX9 with the special utility to export models into BOD format. I think this script will be work in other version 3DSMAX too. For example, simple object (box) was exported from 3DSMAX9 into BOD:
It works in my Windows8.1.
But now I also think about Blender plugins if it possible.
This is great news. Have you considered also sharing the format specs with the guy who does the Noesis model viewer/converter so that he might add support?

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi bladers!
Many thanks for gratitude.
Have you considered also sharing the format specs with the guy who does the Noesis model viewer/converter so that he might add support?
No, this format is the property of RAS or Codemasters and I will not disclose it specifically. I only want to give some help to the BOD fans. There is one problem. MAXScript in 3DSMAX9 and early versions can't write(read) the double numbers into(from) binary "*.BOD"-files. However, Avguard Extensions plugin with avg_dlx90.dlx gives this possibility.
Here the BOD_Object_export_3DSMAX9.ms-script for using in 3DSMAX9:

https://yadi.sk/d/8koexOk_iu4HG
(You can change the language to English by clicking the flag in bottom of page)

Avguard Extensions plugin there is in enclosure. This script is intended to export into ".BOD"-format for only non-animated models and weapon with subsidiary objects - anchors, edges, trails, light sources "Omni" and sources of particles "B_Fire_Fuego". Please, read the Read_me and comments at top of the script. Now I'm adapting this script to export animated characters. After that I will start the working to the MAX 2008 and higher versions.

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:55 pm

This is script to export animation from 3DSMAX9 to *.BMV:
https://yadi.sk/d/TuvI35GTitFxG

Avguard Extensions plugin there is in enclosure. Please, read the comments at top of the script.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:43 am

Thanks Harrison, its lot of work you did.

@ Everybody,

With this Script, if someone can make a kind of "character kit" in blender , ready to be exported in 3dsmax9, then basic users, like me, can simply

-distort the mesh
-repaint the textures
- and make new animations

before export to BOD new materials :)

The blender kit, should be a male or female character with

- 3 meshes as needed
- the right number of poly
- correctly rigged to the armature
- and with the anchor stuff

My goal is to make the characters of Mortal Kombat (or similar) and make a fully beat-them-up

Thx 4 reading

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:56 pm

New version script to export animation from 3DSMAX9 to *.BMV:
https://yadi.sk/d/_y32Ows4jMhH8

Now it is possible to export the simple object animation. Examples of such objects are bow, quiver and arrow of Amazon, cup of Dwarf etc on "Casa" map.

Trinitron
Dragon

Postby Trinitron » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:14 pm

Amazing Harrison!

Thanks you for great work. Think - time for back BODDING, maybe.
:?:

cieply
Dragon

plugins for Max 2.5 .dlls

Postby cieply » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:40 pm

remember these plugins: bldexp.dle, Camera.dle, MBWImporter.dli ?
I was trying to use first one to export simple model I committed and I or it failed.
No matter what I do when I try to save as .bod it always says "Don't know how to save to that file" (or something like that)

1) First, I was using these libs: MSVCRTD.DLL, PYTHON15.DLL, BBLibc.dll, BUIxc.dll, Raster.dll (from god knows where... - I found them somewhere on drive included with installation on 3dsmax-2.5 ) They all rely on MSVCRTD.DLL and looks like they are "designed" for that role, so to speak but anyway export doesn't work.
2) Cuthberth said they can be taken from $BOD/Bin directory (these are linked with MSVCRT.DLL /normal, non debug version, interestingly enough with one included in Blade they don't work so it's better to leave them link to system one/ and require BUIxc.dll, blibc.dll as well), so I did and they work as above, namely export doesn't.

so question is - is it problem of libraries or something else I miss with this plugin
Last edited by cieply on Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Sryml
Dragon

Re: plugins for Max 2.5 .dlls

Postby Sryml » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:37 am

remember these plugins: bldexp.dle, Camera.dle, MBWImporter.dli ?
I was trying to use first one to export simple model I committed and I or it failed.
No matter what I do when I try to save as .bod it always says "Don't know how to export this file" (or something like that)

1) First, I was using these libs: MSVCRTD.DLL, PYTHON15.DLL, BBLibc.dll, BUIxc.dll, Raster.dll (from god knows where... - I found them somewhere on drive included with installation on 3dsmax-2.5 ) They all rely on MSVCRTD.DLL and looks like they are "designed" for that role, so to speak but anyway export doesn't work.
2) Cuthberth said they can be taken from $BOD/Bin directory (these are linked with MSVCRT.DLL /normal, non debug version, interestingly enough with one included in Blade they don't work so it's better to leave them link to system one/ and require BUIxc.dll, blibc.dll as well), so I did and they work as above, namely export doesn't.

so question is - is it problem of libraries or something else I miss with this plugin
Maybe you did not enter a suffix name ".BOD" :wink:
I mean, the extension name of the export file.
Any Possibility!

cieply
Dragon

Postby cieply » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Maybe you did not enter a suffix name ".BOD" :wink:
maybe I didn't... heh
first I thought you're making fun of me and it can't be this way, then I tried and it turned out I did choose kind of file I want to export to (.bod) in combo box below filename and put whatever name I picked up like 'qqq'
Now when I checked that, it was a reason and now it works. Not quite though - exported file is somewhat poor - only 278 bytes long, does not contain all vertices, that's for sure and I don't know what to do next with it.
Last edited by cieply on Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:36 pm

It is strange that now I do not enter an extension name can still export BOD files. Because the operating system? :shock: Too long, I forgot some details. But I found my old video about the broken shield, just use the plugin to segmentation the object, and then export the BOD.
https://youtu.be/oqmXQdTYerE
Any Possibility!

cieply
Dragon

mass/density of model - how can it be controlled?

Postby cieply » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:18 am

I managed to tame Harrison's script for .bod export in 3dsmax-7.0 and it works - it generates proper .bod file that can be used in game. Good stuff.

And now a question of the evening: how can I change density/weight of this model as it weighs 10kg, sic! in game. Volume of it is roughly 270[cm^3] as I calculated from size. It's like density was 65 [g/cm^3] - it's 3.5 times density of tungsten (I think an army would be interested in this material).

After I finally managed to apply a texture to the model in 3dsmax I generated .bod that is kind of strange - model is in some strange units - in 3dsmax it is roughly 4[m] high and in game after careful calculations is around 17[cm] - it's as if 1[m] in 3dsmax was 40[mm] in blade.
No matter what I do with the material in 3dsmax it always generates the same model. I try to remove material and make new, all kinds of new ones and either it has no texture at all (which crashes game anyway) or it's as it was first time - so I'm stuck with a tiny piece of jewellery weighing 10kg.
Anyone can advise what to do with it?

PS. if you want to test this stuff it's in attachment
gwiazda5m3-red-3_300p.jpg
that's how it looks in hand
gwiazda5m3-red-3_300p.jpg (32.54 KiB) Viewed 5194 times
star5m3.zip
test package with model, running script and manual
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

wrong export in 3dsmax-R2.5

Postby cieply » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:43 pm

I think I know what is the problem with this export in 3dsmax-R2.5- there is not texture assigned to the model. I don't know how to do it - although I tried many times - it's not that easy like in version 7
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”