MAX SCRIPTS FOR BLADE

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi Ralo.

You can't import .BOD files in <i>any</i> version of max. (even with TP's magic toolkit.)[:(]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Ralo!

Pro is right, it not possible to import the Char BOD files in any version of max, just for the objects one way exist:
load a map with the objects you want and in the console put this line <font color="red">Bladex.ExportWorld("mapa.mbw ")</font id="red"> and only with max2.5 you can import the file "mapa.mbw" who is in the map's folder you have exportworld [;)], you will have all the mesh objects/wall of your map but without textures [:(].

My tools are make for create new models for export them in BOD and not for extract them ![;)]

[V]I have make test with the NWN2 new models look great but so much polygon for used them in BOD engine.

Rampage
Dragon

Post by Rampage »

Who using Total Commander (ex Windows Commander) -
Autodesk 3ds Max Preview plugin 1.1.0.0
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/3dsmaxwlx.html
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The Autodesk® 3ds Max® Preview plugin shows the embedded preview thumbnail of 3ds Max files (Version 3 and later).
It can also be used for the thumbnail view of Total Commander 6.5 (and later). <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Rampage![:D]

I have already test totalcommander, but don't find interresting functions, tell me if there have more function compare to DeepExploration,http://www.righthemisphere.com/.[;)]

I used DeepExploration or Acrobat3D, because I can explore my computer and show, converts, rotatate, get lots of informations about 3D models or pictures also. Lots of formats 3d or pictures are reconnised and convertable.And again more.[;)]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

HI All![:D]

I have make a little script to import NWN1 mdl models easier, don't need MDL suite , Aurora tools or other plugins, so it's very basic; just load the model, just one option see or not the errors, for moment can't load anims.

It can be used with Max 5/6/7/8/9.[;)]

http://tptpt.bigtruck-canada.ca/MaxTool/NWNTP.zip

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Peter![:D]

I can't send you EMail to you, I don't know why your EMail server refuse my Mail[}:)]

So I have add the Cow in the TPBladeToolsChar, I have not test with anim's, I have not so much time[V], so tell me if pbm[;)]

TPBladeToolsChar Version 1.0.9 for Max2.5 "3 april 2007":
--http://perso.orange.fr/tptptmods/MaxT ... lsChar.exe

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Thanks TP.[:D]

My mail has a strange habit of taking a dislike to certain addresses.[}:)]

Cow report soon.[8)]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi every Body!

* Update Version TPBladeToolsChar*
* v1.1.1 22/09/07:
News:
-Name Char List save auto when autobuild and delete with button

-Dog autobuild Add in Quadrupedes tool

-Auto generate Char's staff (in beta mode,in build)

Install:

-need 3DSMAX2.5 installed
-run "TPBladeCharTools.exe" chose 3DSMAX2.5/Scripts folder
-please unzip d.zip file in 3DSMAX2.5\Scripts\Startup

Run: From MAX, Utilities Panel, click the 'MAXScript' button and select TPBladeCharTools in the Utilities list box.

TPBladeToolsChar update Version 1.1.1 for Max2.5 "22 september 2007":
http://perso.orange.fr/tptptmods/MaxToo ... lsChar.exe

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi TP.[:)]

I got the new version installed and it all worked fine until the final part of the AutoBuild.[:(]. Tried it with a model I made previous to update and it did the same.

Got this error msg:

Code: Select all

Runtime Error: Filestream cannot create: Scripts\Startup\TPCharToolsCharName.ini
I may not have installed it correctly. I unzipped the d.zip so I have Scripts\Startup\d\....files....>

The model seems to build OK, but I have a Group: Blade_Object_CharName containing three Groups all named Blade_Object_CharName and all the objects in these groups are also all named Blade_Object_CharName.

Any Ideas?[8)]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Pro![:)]

Could you ckeck if you have the file Scripts/Startup/TPBladeCharToolsCharName.ini, if not I joint it:[;)]http://perso.orange.fr/tptptmods/MaxToo ... arName.ini

I have found an other easy way to install TPBladeToolsChar with shorter size 30mo instead of 40mo and don't need to unzip d, but no unistall.exe, need to do it by hand.[:D][}:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi TP. Yes I have that file.[8)]

Tried uninstalling and installing again but still does the same error.[:(]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Sorry Pro,[V]
I don't know why it don't run, I have test many time and no Pbm.

So please uninstall it and install the new version 1.1.2, include also BladeObjectsTool, this version don't have uninstall.exe, so to install it at C:/3DSMAX2.5

http://tptpt.bigtruck-canada.ca/MaxTool ... bjects.exe

Good Luck![;)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Thanks TP.[;)]

Just been having another go. It's very weird. All the operations seem to work fine and all the parts are present and assembled correctly, but they are all named Blade_Object_ModelName. [:p] I have stripped down my dog and been renaming all the parts manually. Haven't finished yet, but I will see how he works with anims tomorrow.....

I'll try new version of tools tomorrow too.[8D]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Pro!

To get the name auto write in the Blade_Object_Dog_N, clic in the drop list the name you want, it should appear the name in the window "1" .

Load your base model and use Autowork, the final model sould be called Blade_Object_Dog_N.

You can add your new name in the list, just write it in the window "1" and press enter, look in the droplist there have now the new name, it's interessting when you want to optimise your model and rebuild it many times.

For BladeObjectTool it's the same way, just for the breakable objects or quivers it's auto add Piezanumber, or _E,1,2,3 for quiver[;)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Yes I noticed the CharName feature. Very useful.[:D]

Unfortunately the new version does the same thing. All the parts and groups and named Blade_Object_Whatever. Even tried it on Spanish version I have installed.[B)]