Animation Fix Mod

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Limpiacobardes
Whelp

Animation Fix Mod

Postby Limpiacobardes » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:57 pm

###### Animation Fix Mod #########
for Severance: Blade of Darkness
by CleanCobardes

For quite some time i`ve been not too happy with some animations of the characters in Blade, like the running of the Dwarf and the Barb.
My intent is to correct this animations and some others and hopefully add more immersion to the game.
Ive modified the animations of the three male characters and leave Zoe untouched so you can compare.

Give it a try and, if you don't like it, I've also put the original files so you can replace it anytime
DOWNLOAD IT HERE

######How to install

a) extract the "Lib" folder into your "Blade of Darkness" folder

b) delete these files located in the <s>AnmSet</s> <font color="orange"><u>AnmPak</u></font id="orange"> folder
Bar.DAT
Dwf.DAT
Knight.DAT
*(don`t worry, the game will make new ones once you start it)

c) enjoy

<font color="orange"><u>Please let me know if this works without trouble with the combos and attacks, my tests give no problems, but i woud like some other feedback</u></font id="orange">

greetings![:D]

######Files modified:
* AnmFact
* BarAnimationSet
* DwfAnimationSet
* KnightAnimationSet

######Animations optimized

KNiGHT

animations changed
attack_b
attack_rlx 2h
attack l_s
attack r_s

animatons smoothened
wbk_no _1h _2h
jogb_no _1h _2h
chg [l,r]
attack_f
wlk (no, 1h, 2h, with bow)
el rlx turn
strafe

animations fixed
attack_r_s y attack_L_s (kgt)
attack_r (kgt)

############################

DWaRF

animations changed
jog_no
jog_1h
jog_b

animatons smoothened
wbk_1h
jogb_1h
jog_no
jog_1h
wlk_no
wlk_1h
wlk_b
rlx_turn
attack_f
attack_b

############################

Barbarian

animations changed
walk with 1h
jog no weapons
jog with bow (Bar)

animatons smoothened
rlx turn
wlk 2w
wbk_no
wlk_b

animations fixed
wlk_b

esfumato
Dragon

Postby esfumato » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:34 am

I have tried it.

It's good. but it should be nice to find a way to make it BODloader Compatible. I mean, try to ovid to replace original files of the game.

And make possible to install/unistall the mod.

brian
Dragon

Postby brian » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:58 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Limpiacobardes</i>
b) delete these files located in the <font color="red">AnmSet</font id="red"> folder
Bar.DAT
Dwf.DAT
Knight.DAT
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I couldn't find those files in <font color="red">AnmSet</font id="red">. I think you meant <font color="limegreen">AnmPak</font id="limegreen"> folder.

The Dwarf and Barbarian walk and run animations look <u>allot</u> better. I need to try it out for a while longer, but so far no bugs that I can see.
Nice job Limpiacobardes[8D].

Limpiacobardes
Whelp

Postby Limpiacobardes » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:29 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by brian</i>

I couldn't find those files in <font color="red">AnmSet</font id="red">. I think you meant <font color="limegreen">AnmPak</font id="limegreen"> folder.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
[B)]you are right Brian, sorry & thanks[:D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by esfumato</i>

It's good. but it should be nice to find a way to make it BODloader Compatible. I mean, try to ovid to replace original files of the game.
And make possible to install/unistall the mod.
Gracias Esfumato[;)]
There are two reasons why i didn't make it Bodloader compatible:

1) i have not much knowledge of the script stuff, due to my ignorance i assume that it would be a pain.
That said, if you (or anybody who wants to help) can post the steps besides the creation of the BLModInit, i think i`ll gladly do it...

2) I see the dangers of replacing files, in other Games the mods have added so much that now their versions with the "Super-Mods" have more bugs than the original game that they were trying to fix!. But i also don't understand the worry of replacing files that need a little upgrade. Blade as plenty of things that need to be improved, some of them are:
the unstable camera (was better, in a way, in the demo)
some awkards animations,
some sounds that are not applied,
the strafe,
the bow combat,
some weapons that dont hit,
some models that need a little polish,
the multiplayer[:(], etc...
there is plenty of work to be done and i think this is involved with actually make replaces to the original files game.

I believe that many of the modders had discover a great amount of bugs or things that could be done a lot better, why don't change this things?...my objective (more of a dream actually) in the long term is to make a Patch made by us, the Community, that takes care of the game in the point that was left off, because, i think we all feel it, the game has some things that there were not completed

Greetings[:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:04 am

Hi Limplacobardes.[:D]

The BODLoader has a facility to save copies of original files and replace them once the Mod is uninstalled. The only problem I see is that if more than one fix is implemented, then subsequent mods will not save copies of the original files but copies of the previous fix. So if you had more than one fix unstalled, you would have to uninstall them in the order they were installed. Uninstalling the first one would invalidate all the others. Could get confusing.

Ianna Keeper
Dragon

Postby Ianna Keeper » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:12 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Limpiacobardes</i>
I believe that many of the modders had discover a great amount of bugs or things that could be done a lot better, why don't change this things?...my objective (more of a dream actually) in the long term is to make a Patch made by us, the Community, that takes care of the game in the point that was left off, because, i think we all feel it, the game has some things that there were not completed.

You are not the only one who have that dream[:)]. many of us here because of that.I don't have so much time to work on modding for bod but I really want to do many things.As I know the main problem is source code.Without it the possibilities that we can do are limited.Because of the engine of bod does not support high polygon chars.So that without them this game will always be old-looking.[:(]

I have tested your fix.Anms seems more realistic now...[8)]

Vasja
Dragon

Postby Vasja » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:11 pm

Why replace files ? To start a map Blade.exe changes
its current map durectory, restarts Python and launches cfg.py - this
is all. Make your own start scenario and place your
modified system files separately from the original ones.

krehmall
Dragon

Postby krehmall » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:59 pm

Hello everyone[:D] ,its me agan sorry that i was not here for pretty long time and i happy that BOD is steel rising.[:)]
so i tryed your mod ,Limpiacobardes,and i think you shouldn't change barbarians runing animation with empty arms,i think its was beter before ,and i see small diference after mod ,but that you changed dwarf runing animation [:D]its realy awesome that you learned this shorty run normal!!!

Limpiacobardes
Whelp

Postby Limpiacobardes » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:21 am

Hi Pro[:)],
i see your point, in the future if i make more fixes i will add it to just one mod.

Thanks Ianna Keeper[8)],
is very rejoicing to know that we share similar goals
and also yes, one of the problems is the source code for now
Maybe one day someone will break the code, or maybe one day we decide as a community to port the game to another engine [and i also think we should decide about where we want to direct our efforts],
nonetheless there are still things that we can do with this engine; find a small thing that you will like to add and go ahead, if we do very little things but constantly, at the end of the day we`ll have one of a heck of a Mod (i hope [:p])
The game will always be old-looking but what the hell, we came from the <font color="orange">Old-school</font id="orange"> anyway [:D]

Hi Vasja,
The purpose of the mod is to play it with the original maps (and the original characters), but i sense that you're trying to tell me that there is a much clean process than replacement, please expand the idea with an example, as i said i`m willing to make another installation process...if i can understand how to do it
<i>No obstante </i>i think that the speed of the animations sucks and none should miss the Anmfact file[|)]

Thanks Krehmall!
I think that the original running with no weapons of the barbarian (Jog_no) its a bad animation (we can discuss it anyway), nonetheless if you`re not comfortable with the actual one, i think of 2 things that can be done:

1)you can change it;
open (with a ext editor) the file BarAnimationSet.py (AnmSet Folder)
find this piece of code:

Code: Select all

### CORRER #### #mod made by Cleancobardes <font color="red">#Bladex.LoadSampledAnimation("..\\..\\Anm\\Bar_jog_no.BMV","Jog_no_Bar",1)</font id="red"> Bladex.LoadSampledAnimation("..\\..\\Anm\\Bar_jog_1h.BMV","Jog_no_Bar",1) <font color="red">#Bladex.AddAnmRStep("Jog_no_Bar",0.268) #Bladex.AddAnmRRelease("Jog_no_Bar",0.420) #Bladex.AddAnmRStep("Jog_no_Bar",0.770) #Bladex.AddAnmRRelease("Jog_no_Bar",0.914) #Bladex.AddAnmLStep("Jog_no_Bar",0.000) #Bladex.AddAnmLRelease("Jog_no_Bar",0.168) #Bladex.AddAnmLStep("Jog_no_Bar",0.498) #Bladex.AddAnmLRelease("Jog_no_Bar",0.664) #Bladex.AddAnmLStep("Jog_no_Bar",1.000) #Bladex.AddStopTests("Jog_no_Bar") </font id="red"> Bladex.AddAnmLStep("Jog_no_Bar",0.00) Bladex.AddAnmLRelease("Jog_no_Bar",0.31) Bladex.AddAnmLStep("Jog_no_Bar",1.0) Bladex.AddAnmRStep("Jog_no_Bar",0.5) Bladex.AddAnmRRelease("Jog_no_Bar",0.79) Bladex.AddStopTests("Jog_no_Bar") Bladex.AddStopTests("Jog_no_Bar")
<font color="red">the lines that start with this symbol # ,are the original ones</font id="red">
just uncomment them (remove the #), and comment the others (place the # before the line) and voilá, back to the originals

2)I can replace the animation with the running animation of the Knight, it would like to know the opinion of the others about this

krehmall
Dragon

Postby krehmall » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:58 am

well ,its works but you forgot about final step remove the Bar.DAT before runing game agan[:D]and also the stupid thing in barbarian run with one h sword ,can you change it too?

gadunz
Dragon

Postby gadunz » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:38 am

Dwarf does a fast waddle. Barb runs as if he has constipation/diarrhea/irritable bowel syndrome/a rough boyfriend. Zoe runs like a drag queen in high heels.

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:25 pm

Hi cleancowards, I heard your idea long time ago, seems interesting, but is a hard work, some of the movements are fast, but can be real, the running style of the dwarf could be funny but maybe is his real way of run, maybe you should calibrate which one is irrealistic or not.
Concretly, I dont like the dwarf´s drinking potion animation[:)] , is really slow, I prefer to search a monster[}:)] for drink the potion faster [:D] and the stealth movement of the players are all too slow[xx(] for be used in game, you can try to modify that?

Limpiacobardes
Whelp

Postby Limpiacobardes » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:19 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by krehmall</i>

well ,its works but you forgot about final step remove the Bar.DAT before runing game agan[:D]and also the stupid thing in barbarian run with one h sword ,can you change it too?

Hi krehmall,
sorry for the delay but my computer decide to fire down the power supply
i don´t recall have it change the running with 1handed sword for the barbarian.. are you asking me to replace the original one?

Ea Daxon!
como estas? espero que muy bien y que te haya gustado el mod,
i will look the drink potion of the dwarf and replace it

krehmall
Dragon

Postby krehmall » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:32 am

kind of i mean that barbarian have slow ,stupid animation runing with one handed weapon,i think best to change it to faster animation ,cos maybe you not paided atention that you not changed it.

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:40 pm

Ese limpiacowards! gracias tio, el enano me ha provocado problemas bebiendo tan lento XD (for english people : thanks guy, the dwarfs gave me problems drinking potions xD)

El mod tio no se, como te dije antes, y lo digo con base (que juego rol en vivo [:D]) los movimientos que hacen los personajes son posibles en la realidad a su misma velocidad exceptuando los combos k ya es otra kosa xD

Que te parece un mod en el que le personaje se canse de correr y de esquivar y bloquear? k use la barra de resistencia como las armas el personaje, tambien podríamos hacer k el personaje se mueva mas lento segun el arma k use o cuando empiece a bajarle la resistencia. Que opinas con esto el blade se haría MAS realista todavia(el juego mas realista si incluyes tmb el mod de impactar en los muros k es la ostia XD)

For english people : thanks guy, the dwarfs gave me problems drinking potions xD . The movements are really possible in the real world ( I have proofs [:D] i play Larp) and the only not possible of them, are the combos.

What about a mod which the characters are tired making run, block and avoiding? using the resistance bar used in weapons, and make the character slower according to a weapon of higher level or when the resistance is falling for example, what do you think guys? it will make blade realer than before, i have the ''wallimpact mod'' and with that idea would be the most realistic game ever

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”