LED Question

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:57 am

In your first pic, it says the sector has 8 vertices, but I only see 6. Have you dragged a vertex on top of another vertex? I would delete that sector and create a new one.

When you select a wall and click Slope->floor, are you clicking a vertex on the opposite wall?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mingyue1371</i>

Btw,Is there a convient way to mcro-adjustment the vetex or side to make the side Overlapping ?I found it was a tricky thing to adjust the side and vetex .Always It took me lots of time to adjust it.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Use 'snap to grid' all the time, and make sure every vertex is on a grid intersection. Freehand placement of vertices will cause problems in BoD.

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:17 am

Hi SR,I still cannot success.
So I upload my .mp file.can u check it ,and tell me why the error always following me when creating the slope ceilling?
http://uploading.com/files/1af7847d/1.7.rar/

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi pro,
Can you show me a simply tut about how to made the slop on the room.
I had tried for two days ,but always met error.
I had also tried many method ,but no use.
SO I want a tut how to creat the slope floor on the room's ceilling ,picture's instruction was better.

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:47 pm

I looked at the map, but it's different to the map you showed here, it has no roof sectors, just one floating sector.

For the interior wall, set the grid to 0.25 and you can use 'snap to grid' to straighten those walls.

To make a slope:

1) select one SIDE of the sector you want to slope

2) R-click the 'side', select slope->floor

3) select 1 vertex on OPPOSITE side of sector, insert new height, press ENTER.

NOTE:
Once a slope has been applied to a sector, you must not move any vertices in the sector, or the slope will be lost and you must re-apply it.

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:35 am

Many thx SR,You're Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat![^][^]
With your advice I had succeeded in making the slope ceilling![:D]
It's my fault that I click the same side rather than the OPPOSITE one,Now I can made my beautiful house where I can live in it![8D]
Btw,Is it possile to convert *.bw to *.mp so that LED can read them ?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:32 am

The .bw file is just a version of the .mp file compiled into hex code. It's a one-way process. You can't reverse-compile them. (Not unless you are very clever). But why would you want to?

Glad you have the slopes solved. If you slope an irregular shaped sector with more than 4 vertices, you need only select one that isn't in the edge you have selected and set the hight to that. LED will automatically set the hight of the other vertices in the sector. You can select individual vertices and check the hight in the properties. This is handy if you want to match the slope in an adjacent sector.
This is a way to make uneven ground with a smooth transition. I did the hill outside the gate in DwarfWars this way. It is quite mind-boggling to do and you can't really avoid getting a mismatched join somewhere. But I usually put a rock on top of these to disguise it.

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:07 am

Thx your advice pro,[^]
Yes,It is just quite mind-boggling[xx(] to get a matched join somewhere.For many times it was difficult for me to join the side of two sectors perfectly.
So there would be some annoying prob in the map .I had to spent much time to micro-adjust them[xx(].
Now I had finished studying the two tut and I can did the same result as the tut,But still I had more questions about Led.
]I know more, I don't know much[:0][:0][:0]. Such as some menus:
File->
import 3D Objects
Load data Objects
import ghost sectors
Edit->
compile map
creat file.dat
python->
program 1
program 2.....etc.
Btw,are there anther Led tuts ? If so ,where can I d/l them to learn ?[:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:58 am

There are a lot of things in the LED that just don't work. Remember, it is an 'in house' piece of software and never intended for commercial release. So it has many bugs that you can cope with once you know what they are.

The main thing when building maps is to make sure when you join two sectors that the vertices in one sector match vertices in the other. That way you get a true portal. You can tell, because the dividing line between will be slightly thinner when united properly.
Also, avoid non-convex sectors. That is, all vertices in a sector should have internal line-of-sight with all the others. If you do an L-shaped sector, it will work. But the compiler will split the sector and add vertices. Sometimes it will split the sector in such a way as to be detrimental to framerate. Planning sector layout is an art. Some configurations can put huge loads on the engine if the external light has a lot of portals to pass though.

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi everyone!
I had a samll question about a map.
Now I had complete a simple map ,if I want to test in the game with Knight,Is there a simple way to achieve it and what should I do?
Thanks for the replies!

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:01 pm

I'm sure pro has a tutorial somewhere, but here's what you need for a basic map (substitute you map name for MAPNAME)

Create a new folder:
\BodLoader\Maps\MAPNAME

Add these 5 files to the folder:

1) Your compiled map (MAPNAME.bw)

2) Your compiled texture file (MAPNAME.mmp)

3) A 'lvl' file to load your map and textures (MAPNAME.lvl):

<font color="green">
#Bitmaps -> MAPNAME.mmp # <- Use this line if you have a custom "MAPNAME.mmp"...
#Bitmaps -> ..\Barb_M1\barb.mmp # ... or this line to load textures from a Blade map

Bitmaps -> ..\..\3dChars\Kgt.mmp ## Loads the 'Knight' textures
Bitmaps -> ..\..\3dObjs\3dobjs.mmp
Bitmaps -> ..\..\3dobjs\\weapons.mmp

World -> MAPNAME.bw
WorldDome -> ..\Barb_M1\barb_d.mmp # change to your skybox</font id="green">

Copy the above and save as "MAPNAME.lvl"

4) A pj.py file to create the player character:

<font color="green">
import Bladex
import Basic_Funcs
import ItemTypes

char=Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1", "Knight_N", 0,-1500,0, "Person")
char.Angle=0
char.Level=18
char.Data=Basic_Funcs.PlayerPerson(char)

o=Bladex.CreateEntity("Weapon1","Gladius",0,0,0,"Weapon")
ItemTypes.ItemDefaultFuncs (o)
Actions.TakeObject(char.Name,o.Name)

o=Bladex.CreateEntity("Shield1","Escudo4",0, 0, 0,"Weapon")
ItemTypes.ItemDefaultFuncs(o)
Actions.TakeObject(char.Name,o.Name)</font id="green">

Copy and save as "pj.py"

5) Finally, a cfg file:

<font color="green">

Code: Select all

import Bladex try: os.remove("pak\\BODPak.dat") os.remove("pak\\pf.pak") except: pass execfile("..\..\Scripts\sys_init.py") Bladex.ReadLevel("MAPNAME.lvl") execfile("..\..\Scripts\BladeInit.py")
</font id="green">

Copy and save as "cfg.py"

Start Blade and the map should now be available under MODS -> LOAD CUSTOM MAP

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Many thanks SR![^] I did it![:D]
[img] http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/1/12/3250333//µØÃ

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:32 am

Press Esc. [:D]

Or if you want to be a bit more formal you can use a function to close the map.

Code: Select all

def Exit(): Bladex.LoadLevel("Casa")

That will close the map and go to the menu screen

There are other refinements you can build in such as closing captions and a slow fade to black before the exit.

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:51 am

Thx pro,if I want to make a ImDeadFunc fuction to achieve it.
When the final big Orc was killed ,the map will fall into a slow black,then the game will automatically return to the menu screen.how to define it?
Btw,I can easily creat many square sections in LED ,But is it possile to creat a round house ,or a house with a round roof ?

esfumato
Dragon

Postby esfumato » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mingyue1371</i>

When the final big Orc was killed ,the map will fall into a slow black,then the game will automatically return to the menu screen.how to define it?
Btw,I can easily creat many square sections in LED ,But is it possile to creat a round house ,or a house with a round roof ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes, you can do circular houses, just do an hexagon in LED.

_
/ \
| |
\_/ more or less like that xD

For the circular roof. Do a whole hexagon sector on top of the house. Select it. In the roof options you have to set it like it was an arc for the doors.

But as it is not appliead to a rectangle it will have a Dome form.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

First Try to do a Dome from indoors and outdoors.

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:56 am

Hi guys! A noob question. [:I]

How can I create a new atmosphere in the same LED map? [8)]

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”