Texture Editing How To

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sat May 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Vasja,
Thanks, but I had already tried that, and with double delimiters too, .//., .\\., but still no textures.

The code
Bitmaps -> ..\..\3dChars\spd.mmp

seems to work fine with other maps.

EDIT\
BBLibc doesn't work either.

I'm using the Tutorial map, which is launched differently from the other Blade maps, so maybe there's something in the launch code that prevents the spd.mmp textures from loading.

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Mon May 10, 2010 2:13 pm

I started to make the naked skin version of the barbar and the knight

what do u think? in this style is good?

need to make legs to [:D]

it can be conan style or he-man [:D]

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Mon May 10, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi charly! [:D]

That skin is great!, I hope you upload the new skin pack soon! [:0]

P.S. How are the skins of the Heroes of the Sword War? [:p]

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Mon May 10, 2010 2:48 pm

HI

I made
Gorlon the knight - full knigth skin in silver armour
(a bonus full bronze knight)
Erish kigall - full barbar skin - need to finalize
Nergal - kgtskin1 smith leather armour

Frair the dwarf hero - started
Amlach - need to make
Sawan - need to make

and there will be a lot of evil character mostly in dark colors, I dont like colorful fantasy, I like dirty dark natural mordorian skins

I try to finish them soon, but not much free time these days

after that comes dirty weapons, bloody rusted blades, like the basic orc sword

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Mon May 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Great job on the Barb!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by charly</i>

...and there will be a lot of evil character mostly in dark colors, I dont like colorful fantasy, I like dirty dark natural mordorian skins.
...after that comes dirty weapons, bloody rusted blades, like the basic orc sword<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I love the original Blade textures, and you manage to keep that 'feel' with your mods.
I'm really looking forward to the evil characters and rusty blades. The Ork Sword is one of my favourite (looking) weapons, because of it's dirty 'chipped' appearance.

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Tue May 11, 2010 7:38 am

thx SR

but I am only a skinner not Modder, I am old and not much time to learn modding, my babygirl born in march so not much time for hobbies, I would realy like to make maps, old dirty castles with cemetery garden, full with spider webs, shadows, torch light, foggy grey towns with lot of zombie, a black high tower with big thorns on the wall, a swamp with green fog and bloody puddle with a crypt on the center, in it coffins and dirty coloumns minimal light, and a dirty vampyr in it, and an amazon village with an Goddess temple, a vulcanic mount with some salamanders and a dragon Dal gurak etc.

so much, but not much free time, and my eyes hurt, I work to much opposite the monitor screen, its not CRT, but I blink not much durring the work, but hope dies at last, I wanna learn LED, maybe to make little maps for gladiator mod

sorry for the bla bla [:D]

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Tue May 11, 2010 10:59 am

barbar in pantie

after that people can free tattoo the barbar [:D]

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Hey charly,
Are you still skinning?

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:26 am

hi Sir

yes, just I cant work at home only after work in office, but not much time

u need something?

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Yeah, I have 'altered' some enemies, and they would look better with more appropriate skins. I'll email you a picture and description, as I don't want to show the 'new look' enemies just yet.

Btw, there's no hurry as I've still got a long way to go before my mod is finished...

dravenrayne
Hatchling

Postby dravenrayne » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:27 am

Greetings... i know im not the best to talk cause i dunnot know how to make anything... but is it possible to make a skin for a char with more quality in the texture? or its not possible cause its a predefined pallete?

Does anyone have practice with making skins? i would love fast help with a skin i woulllldddd love to make real... its about Zoe, the char i always use... would love to turn her... more near to me, in a vampiric goth skin, pale skin green eyes, red hair, ankh, corse...
Im disposed to learn... but... my ass experience... has taken me to fail always i tried to make something like this in other games... as Heretic 2 for example... and never had someone who assisted me... would someone have the time, patience and kind to help me?

[email protected]
Facebook: Draven rayne

Thanks for making this community stand still

Cuthberth
Whelp

Postby Cuthberth » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:22 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dravenrayne</i>

Greetings... i know im not the best to talk cause i dunnot know how to make anything... but is it possible to make a skin for a char with more quality in the texture? or its not possible cause its a predefined pallete?

Does anyone have practice with making skins? i would love fast help with a skin i woulllldddd love to make real... its about Zoe, the char i always use... would love to turn her... more near to me, in a vampiric goth skin, pale skin green eyes, red hair, ankh, corse...
Im disposed to learn... but... my ass experience... has taken me to fail always i tried to make something like this in other games... as Heretic 2 for example... and never had someone who assisted me... would someone have the time, patience and kind to help me?

[email protected]
Facebook: Draven rayne

Thanks for making this community stand still
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

yes is possible, but textures bigger than the originals dont work in rOpenGL and if the .mmp file is more than 80 mb then textures turn white is you minimice the game.
hope this help you.

BTW Zoe is a hard character to make skins, the mesh is a mess [:D]

for make the textures easily you need

MMP WorkStation 2.0 by SGI1981 (a tool to make the .mmp)

http://www.moddb.com/games/severance-bl ... by-sgi1981

blade tools (have the uvw map in BladeToolsSpanish\3DModeling\CharacterTexturing)

http://www.moddb.com/games/severance-bl ... -blade-sdk

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:22 am

Hi dravenrayne.

To make any significant difference you would have to have bitmaps at least 1024 sq. That's 16x the file size of the originals.

You could use the original 256 bitmaps as a guide, but you would have to manually redraw every part of the texture.

btw. The Zoe skin has a separate face texture. The one that appears on the front texture bitmap isn't used.

Cuthberth
Whelp

Postby Cuthberth » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:02 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

Hi dravenrayne.

To make any significant difference you would have to have bitmaps at least 1024 sq. That's 16x the file size of the originals.

You could use the original 256 bitmaps as a guide, but you would have to manually redraw every part of the texture.

btw. The Zoe skin has a separate face texture. The one that appears on the front texture bitmap isn't used.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

using the textures of blade tools looks very fine, for axample i made a complete Tukaram skin using the Bar.mmp (648 kb) and my mmp is 10,2 mb (10.522 kb) (6,81 the original size).
and the biggest texture of the blade tools is 896x1000 and the most of them are near 600x600

Cuthberth
Whelp

Postby Cuthberth » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi, I recently started to try to redo the textures with bump maps.
I do in blender using a plane, the original texture and a modified copy as bump (using normal in the texture) then I do a render but not looks good in game.
there any way to make textures with bump maps on blade?

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”