Insert Legend of Zelda, Link model into Severance

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Rainheart
Whelp

Insert Legend of Zelda, Link model into Severance

Postby Rainheart » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi all!

First, sorry for my bad English. Forgive me if I commit any mistake :P.

I want to put Link of legend of Zelda in Severance.

I extracted it from the ROM of the game and I have put correctly all textures.
I divided my model in different parts of a simple model in Severance and I try to export it in a .bod file.

But, I have some problems [:(].

3Dsmax 2.5 doesn't work in my windows XP, so I installed Windows 98 and I installed the program in it (if you know any way to run it in XP, please tell me).
After a few hours of work, I have inserted it into 3dsmax and I have followed the steps of TPTPT's tutorial: http://tptpt.bigtruck-canada.ca/Tutoria ... Suite.html.

But, when I click in 'Autowork humain' I get the following error:

I upload the model in megaupload for you to see it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BYMB4XYA

Thanks for help. [:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi and Welcome Rainheart.[:D]

I have had this message before and I don't know exactly what causes it. But I have usually manged to work round it somehow. I'm not a great expert on Max, but I do know a few tricks....[:I] I will give your model a look and see what I can do.

btw. BOD won't render .tga format. All textures have to be .bmp

btw2. I have max 2.5 working with XP, but I found it won't start if you have IE7 installed. Don't know about IE8.

Rainheart
Whelp

Postby Rainheart » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

Hi and Welcome Rainheart.[:D]

I have had this message before and I don't know exactly what causes it. But I have usually manged to work round it somehow. I'm not a great expert on Max, but I do know a few tricks....[:I] I will give your model a look and see what I can do.

btw. BOD won't render .tga format. All textures have to be .bmp

btw2. I have max 2.5 working with XP, but I found it won't start if you have IE7 installed. Don't know about IE8.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Convert into bmp is not difficult [:)].

Thanks for help !! [:)]

Rainheart
Whelp

Postby Rainheart » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:52 pm

I have achieved it finally!!

I have installed 3DSMAX in XP (changing a Environment Variable of Windows) and magically it compiles. I have the bod and the mmp but I can't insert it into BoD.

I have tried to replace my model by the Knigth's model, but it doesn't work. The Tptpt's utility saves all propieties of the model in a folder called MyNuStaffLnk.

I think that it runs with the tptpt's NewPersoTP mod, but I when I try to install it, it causes an error in Severance console:

Code: Select all

IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'NewPersoTP/ActorsInit.py') Traceback (innermost last): File "..\..\Scripts\BODLoader.py", line 878, in InitMod execfile ("../../BODLoader/Init/BLInit_"+BLModInfo[modname]['DirName']+".py") File "../../BODLoader/Init/BLInit_NewPersoTP.py", line 4, in ? import NewPersoTPMenu ImportError: No module named NewPersoTPMenu
I am very disappointed for this. I have been working a lot of hours on it, because I hope I can do it and see Link in BoD, but.... [:(]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi Rainheart.

Don't worry. All will be sorted out.[:)]

Are you trying to run the model in a custom map or the main game?

The model looks fine for BOD [8D]. Not too many polys.
I have a problem with applying the textures in the file you uploaded. I am assuming the head was originally split into different sections and you have merged them all. So I can't apply the textures without spilting the mesh and I don't know where the joins were. Have you got a version with the textured parts seperated?

Rainheart
Whelp

Postby Rainheart » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:21 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

Hi Rainheart.

Don't worry. All will be sorted out.[:)]

Are you trying to run the model in a custom map or the main game?

The model looks fine for BOD [8D]. Not too many polys.
I have a problem with applying the textures in the file you uploaded. I am assuming the head was originally split into different sections and you have merged them all. So I can't apply the textures without spilting the mesh and I don't know where the joins were. Have you got a version with the textured parts seperated?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hello again prospero ^^, first thanks for your help [:)].

I tried to run it into main game; I haven't tried a custom map jet. When I replace Knight’s model, the game crashes in the middle of loading.

Well, I'll upload all the models I have since I extracted it from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time game for you :).

Original map extracted from Nintendo 64 Emulator:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DAAJVZX

Extracted model without changes:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XSY59C0

Final version of model for Blade:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7CCXC4YM

Final result of TPTPT plug-in of 3dmax:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G2SE3BLJ

Next step I had been thinking is get Link's sounds and insert them into the game . And, if it's possible, create de animations from link's moves... (I think insert link's model into BoD is more difficult than do these things)

A sample video of Link's moves :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhCAR6ytFY

I think it would be nice if I could complete it well [:)]

thank you very much!!

Trinitron
Dragon

Postby Trinitron » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:55 am

Hi and Welcome Rainheart.[8D]

I'm glad to see you here and is glad to see your first work.[8)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:55 pm

I have the original model and am just trying to work out which texture goes where. The skin files are may need a bit of tweaking , but that can be done later. Also have to build some new faces in the mesh and alter the legs slightly.
When I get him done I will make a little tutorial map to demonstrate how to initialise new objects and characters with explainarory notes in the files.[:)]

Rainheart
Whelp

Postby Rainheart » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:25 pm

I'm very grateful and I thank you for all work you are doing for help me [:)].

I have been working in this idea for weeks, without knowing nothing about BoD modding and editing, seeing tutorials and videos... A lot of hours trying to make my dream come true, I don't know why, but it makes me happy... I have a lot of work, but I always find some time for do something with the model.

Really, Thank you all for help me [:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:04 am

This is as far as I have got.....

Max screengrab.>

I'm not very familiar with the game, so I had to use a bit of guesswork with the textures. But I think he looks reasonable.[:)]He will look different in the game lighting.

I'll see if I can het him exported now.[:p]

Ianna Keeper
Dragon

Postby Ianna Keeper » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:15 pm

it looks nice pro!
btw. are his gloves suitable for karate?[:o)]

Rainheart
Whelp

Postby Rainheart » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:52 pm

The model is very good, but I see little mistakes in textures (it's not important).

Link in game (some screenshots):

A few details:
- He has "golden gloves" (it's like a heavy armor :P)
- He is left-handed. I don't know if this can be done well in the game.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm not very familiar with the game <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
It can't be true xD.
This game is very famous and control is similar to BoD (target enemy, etc...).

I have uploaded the game if anyone is interested about it. There are only 40MB and it is almost all configure.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=63B3MJX0
For someone who want to test it.

Thank you a lot Prospero. I will wait for your tutorial.
I'm looking forward to do a little model for BoD [:)].

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Thanks for the screenshots Rainheart. I did have a few textures left over [:I]. I'll get the model working first and tidy up after.[:)]

He will have to be right-handed for the time being.

Rainheart
Whelp

Postby Rainheart » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:54 pm

I have corrected some orthographic mistakes from last post. Sorry for it. [:I]

Rainheart
Whelp

Postby Rainheart » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:35 am

How much have you progressed with the model and the tutorial? I'm really looking forward to see what it looks like the final result within the game.
I've had some days a bit busy and overwhelming, I have not been able to watch the forum.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”