BloodMod read this

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

PigVomit
Dragon

BloodMod read this

Postby PigVomit » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:08 am

Hello!

Me and my friend (2 gorefreaks that is) have been making a bloodmod for Severance quite a while now. It is practically ready and now we just do some testing and fine tuning with it. The mod needed a lot of coffee, sweat and hard work but we finally got the features working that we wanted.
Features added:

-Blood is now spurting out simulating the victim´s heartbeats. No more smooth flow but totally random spattering. Looks really really nice!

-Cinematic slowmotion mutilations occasionally. Called GoreCam

-Chop off enemys hand or arm; he might not die but run off. If you let him flee he will die in loss of blood eventually. That´s if[:)]

-added Hollywood-style severed head´s rotation.

-Increased amount of blood of course... Lichs and Zombie Knights they bleed too... some other little nice effects.

With these modifications it´s like a new game[:)] At least for me.

But if someone has some good ideas feel free to suggest. We can try to put them in the mod.
Last edited by PigVomit on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Crawdaddy79
Dragon

Postby Crawdaddy79 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:49 am

No suggestions here, but I look forward to the mod's release (I love gore as well - it's the reason I got the game in the first place). [:)]

brian
Dragon

Postby brian » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:46 am

Mod sounds good...

As for suggestions:
<i>(Only on this website can I ask a question like this:[:I])</i>

Do the severed limbs spurt blood too or only the torso?

It'd be funny to hit an enemy with his own spurting blood limb[:D]

Tomash
Dragon

Postby Tomash » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Can the enemy chop off the Hero's hand and leave him for die by loss of blood?

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:27 pm

Yes limbs chopped off they also spurt blood. You can use the blood-dropping bodypart as a weapon.

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:24 am

At this point blood loss feature is only being used for some enemy races but it is a good idea that if you get your hand cutted off, haste to search and drink a lifepotion or die!!!
Few random pics here:

Image[/img]

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:33 am

Tomash
Dragon

Postby Tomash » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:20 am

I saw smth same in Athena mod by VX-Shadows. If you get your hand chopped off then you need to drink a lifepotion to stop the bleeding and you need to drink a powerpotion to get the hand back:)
And also, as Kroket said, in the begining, RAS coders made zombies bleeding with black blood. But in released vers of BoD they don't bleed. You can try to restore this ability of black-blood-bleeding

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:43 pm

The blackblood bleeding can be easily done. In fact I have changed the color of blood sometimes just for fun. Changing the color to black is not a problem. Question is what blood color is best for lichs and zombie knights?

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:44 pm

wow, looks great PigVomit (this name is great like an goregrind band name)

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:39 pm

well... I am a death metal guitarist.[;)]

Trinitron
Dragon

Postby Trinitron » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:48 pm

Huh guys![:D]

On my statistics, those who plays BOD - almost all listen metal, from black to death.
I love depressive black metal/shoegaze/ambient, etc. <3

[:o)] Nice. PigVomit, how your group is called and whether there is a reference what to listen to songs?

Sl@der
Whelp

Postby Sl@der » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:59 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PigVomit</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Now I see a logical link between this mod & you being a death metal guitarist [:D] I like gore in games too, though one should always keep in mind things like sense of proportion. Good work on the mod btw [;)]

As Trinitron mentioned, by some strange coincidence or for reasons I just don't know a lot of BOD players (at least in Russia) tend to listen different genres of metal (Death, Black, Doom, Gothic, Thrash, etc. ) some of them even musicians. Just for instance I am a guitarist for 4 years by now. But a melodic death metal guitarist [:D]

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:51 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PigVomit</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

great whats the band name

I loooveee death/black/grindcore/gore/hc musick

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:07 am

I have played metal about 16 years. We had lot´s of bands (Lathspell, Lapsiruumis, Rautaholvi etc..) in the past but at some point I lost my interest in playing with bands and became a recluse[:0]. Now days I play death metal only at home,, for my own delight and training/keeping up the skills. I have loads of written songs ready and someday they will be recorded.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”