BloodMod read this

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

matas55
Whelp

Re: BloodMod read this

Postby matas55 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:35 pm

i just did what you said. Reinstalled BOD>BOD Loader>Gladiator.
It still doesn't work. When I play gladiator I get gore cam and enemies bleed to death without limbs, but I don't get blood effect. I only get vanilla blood effects in gladiator.

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Ok, we do some testing and get back to you
Vomit on the nearest asshole

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:15 am

I uninstalled Severance with CCleaner and after that I removed the Severance folder. Then installed Severance from orginal CD and patched it with BladePatch (us patch). Then installed Bodloader (from BigTruck´s site) and ran the game once so Bodloader will make Maps and Mods directories. Then installed Gladiator103 (from BigTruck´s as well). After this I downloaded and installed Gorentity 2014 and tested the Gladiator Mod. And everything is working perfectly. I have all the blood and Gorentity effects working just fine. I can´t figure out what is your problem at the moment I am a little drunk, but but, I sure we will sort things out.

Pilfratus or anyone, did you tested Gorentity with Gladiator Mod?

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:44 am

I can't help much. I never used Gladiator Mod.
And Gorentity always worked perfectly for me with other map mods like fugitive, moria, and others.

matas55
Whelp

Postby matas55 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:13 am

Sorry for late reply, was quite busy. I've tried it and I have discovered what causes me this issue. As I said before I use gladiatoraddons03a which adds some neat features to the original mod and also some fx like flaming skeletons etc. You can find it here: http://blade-of-darkness.bigtruck-canad ... s/mods.htm

Many years ago I used this blood mod (which you can also find on the link above) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVdpwhi31QI
And gladiator addons disabled it too.

As soon as I uninstalled addons mod blood started to work as it should. I am not sure but it seems that some files are overwritten by addons fx. It's a shame that gladiator addons doesn't properly work with gorentity mod.

matas55
Whelp

Postby matas55 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Hey
I noticed that if I press K to kill enemies (gladiator addons feature) gorentity blood displays corectly.
Also liches and dead knights bleed corectly when normally killed in gladiator.

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:37 am

There are no more Blood slowdowns in the next version of BladeofLight MOD. It will be out soon.
Gorentity is looking great on it.
Cheers.

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:36 am

HI, I updated the BLADE of LIGHT mod to v1.5
http://www.moddb.com/mods/blade-of-light

Blood doesn't slowdown ENB anymore so there's no more need for evaporation.
I also changed the key to switch the graphic effects on and off to shift+F11 (it was F12 before) so it doesn't interfere with your new ingame menu.

Here's a gameplay video I made to showcase the new version. It shows plenty of gorentity work on it, so I'm adding a link to your mod in the youtube description or in any post where the movie is embedded.
Please let me know if you'll like to add anything.
VIDEO GAMEPLAY

Thanks for all your work.

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:04 pm

HI, I updated the BLADE of LIGHT mod to v1.5
http://www.moddb.com/mods/blade-of-light

Blood doesn't slowdown ENB anymore so there's no more need for evaporation.
I also changed the key to switch the graphic effects on and off to shift+F11 (it was F12 before) so it doesn't interfere with your new ingame menu.

Here's a gameplay video I made to showcase the new version. It shows plenty of gorentity work on it, so I'm adding a link to your mod in the youtube description or in any post where the movie is embedded.
Please let me know if you'll like to add anything.
VIDEO GAMEPLAY

Thanks for all your work.
Hi again,

first of all, Your mod looks very nice together with gorentity.
Second thing, what actually caused that slowdown with bloodpools and how you fixed it?
I am very pleased that you have decided to mention our mod along with yours. Couldn´t ask for more. You are a true teamplayer!

Btw. I have already done some work for our next version of Gorentity. Main focus is "new" death animations and sufferings. It will put some new life into gameplay killing experience. Enemies will crawl on the ground without legs and stuff.

Anyway this whole Blade of Light plus Gorentity thing is fantastic, it is good to see people like you Pilfratus still keeping it going! Thanks

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm really glad to hear that you guys are still working on this. I'm surethe new version is going to be great. my next step is adding wide screen support. I got it working last night. 1920x1080 without stretching with custom camera fov. it looks amazing. but is too slow at the moment.
anyway. the fix for the blood slowdown is coming from the new version of the nglide wrapper. it does a much better job at handling the blood and multiple lights. it also seems to work much better with ENB. That and code changes on my end almost doubled the overall performance.
looking forward to see your next move.

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:26 pm

Hi again all,

Recently, I have worked quite a lot on the next version of Gorentity.

- A lot of new death anims for "human shape" enemies. At least 50 new deaths..
- Dying enemies can and may writhe, stagger, plod, body twitch etc. etc. Meaning that they will put up a good show before they lay lifeless on the ground
- Enemies can also crawl on the ground after they are mutilated.. Eventually die to loss of blood but player can give that nice finishing blow before that
- Have anyone noticed that sometimes when player chops off enemy´s limbs when they are dead some of those limbs just disappear? I was very annoyed by those vanishing bodyparts and luckily I got it solved. Now it´s time for True Dismemberment.

The work what is left (at least):

I have to make more death anims, and we must improved bloodspurt effect and do a modified gorecam. And I am sure we will make up something else but I don´t know what yet. :D

But anyway, Cheers!

Haraldzz
Dragon

Postby Haraldzz » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Sounds very impressive, really want to see it all in action! :D

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Looking forward to the next version.
Can't wait to see the new features.

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi again,

I have few short gameplay videos if someone wants to see some of this new stuff... I can send videos via email.

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:49 am

True Dismemberment feature in action :D Just messing with some Orks and piling up their limbs. :lol:

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”