Another scripts and theory question about BOD

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Trinitron
Dragon

Another scripts and theory question about BOD

Post by Trinitron »

Hi guys.[:)]

First of all - sorry for my english.[xx(]
I start themes in which it'll be possible to discuss questions concerning scripts for mods and about the theory. As I don't wish to fill superfluous floods theme with scripts by Prospero and others.

In any case I'll ask here questions as e-mail Prospero answers seldom, because of congestion + here have appeared Sir Random, oldschool fan-scripter BOD, + maybe other guys will help.
(Prospero, maybe 'sticky' this topic?[:p])

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've a question tormenting me. I wish to try to change completely the external interface of the character during game. Hence should use widgets. It's possible? But, maybe, I know - it's possible. Explanatories more low.

To clean icons protection and attacks.
To clean life and experience indicators.
To clean an energy strip when we wave the weapon.

To clean all these things and to make all anew....
That icons would not be shown, and the text was shown only.
For example, I would like to make the horizontal or vertical table. As in WoW, NWN, Dragon Age. All it probably to make?
If all it is possible, I ask you give to me any information that you think of it. At least specify a way where it's necessary to me to study it. I don't want that you would give to me codescripts and etc scripts, but I wish to ask councils only.

To me the question concerning widgets is very important. What to create the widgets-pic on screen the character as it has been made with rolls of spells in WizardDomain. Prospero to me has given code for creations widgets, but I couldn't make. The problem that Prospero doesn't remember exactly as all to do and doesn't know complete theory rather widgets in Blade.[8)]

Tomash
Dragon

Post by Tomash »

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

If you want to move the Life, experience, etc, to different places on the screen, or change any text, then you need to look at Scorer.py (in \Lib) and ScorerWidgets (in \Lib\Widgets)

If you want to design a new look, then you could edit these image files (in \Data):

marcadorataque.mmp
marcadordefensa.mmp
marcadorlanzamagotam.mmp
marcadorvidared.mmp
marcadorvidayxp.mmp
marcoinventario.mmp
pressf1.mmp

I'll be around for a while, so I'll try to help with anything I can. Playing around with BoD scripts is great therapy [:D]

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Thanks Tomash and SR.[|)]
I'll try......... Yes BOD scripting and mapping - it's immortal unique experience.

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Hi people.

I complete mod, there I created doors from lattices (objects: "Rastrillo3", "Rastrillo32") that through them it would be impossible to pass. But when I run on map, I can pass through all these lattices. In what there can be problem?

e.g scriptcode:

Code: Select all

o=Bladex.CreateEntity("Rastrillo102_156","Rastrillo102",-1592.61802763,-51840.5888003,68498.5631171, Reference.ObjType("Rastrillo102"))
o.Scale=0.6
o.Orientation=(0.500000059605,0.499999910593,0.500000059605,-0.499999970198)

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Try This (in DefFuncs.py)

import SolidMask
Bladex.SetSolidMask('Rastrillo32',SolidMask.EX_FLOOR)
You can also make dummy barriers using flat objects such as Plataforma and make them invisible with:

o.Alpha=0.0
o.CastShadows = 0

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Thanks alot Prospero, it really works.[|)]

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Guys.[:D]

If you've any questions under the theory BOD or on any separate scripts, I suggest them to set here.... Otherwise it'll turn out that this theme here's attached in vain.[:)]

Tomash
Dragon

Post by Tomash »

I have a question about the breaking of the shields.
Some characters - vamp, zombie and chaos knight - can crush the every breakable shield with only one strike. Even they inflict minor damage then the shield breaks anyway.
I searched for the param that provides this ability but didn't found.
Can someone tell something about it?

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

The param is called "InDestructorAttack"

In Damage.py there's a clause "if Shielded:" which has this code:

elif attacker and attacker.InDestructorAttack==1 and damage_withstood > shield_breakable:
        if shield.Data.brkobjdata:
         BreakMyShield(me.Name)
This clause checks the value of <font color="red">attacker.InDestructorAttack</font id="red">, and then compares the attack_damage to the value of shield_breakable. The strongest shields in the game have a "shield_breakable" value of 10, so any strike with more than 10 damage will break any shield (from a char with InDestructorAttack==1)

Tomash
Dragon

Post by Tomash »

Thanx

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Hi prospero.

You said that we can ask you, OK. I've question to you. We do Necromancer mod more year and we've model of the main character - Necromancer. This model has made Tptpt. But, when the character is run/jumped/fights - feet come off. Skin Necromancer is good, but model is bad. The same is necessary to us skin on other model or new skin Necromancer on other model. You can draw?

Necromancer model name - "SkeCrown_B". Lichs, model name - "SkeCrown_N", "SkeCrown_L", "SkeCrown_S". mmp files - "SkeCrown_N.mmp", "SkeCrown_L.mmp", "SkeCrown_S.mmp", "SkeCrown_B.mmp".

Need draw new skin or re-draw old skin in new model - "SkeCrown_B.mmp"
New very good model in new skin for Necromancer - "Militia_A.BOD" (in archive)

Link archive: http://trinitron.gamekuba.ru/bodfiles/3dChars.rar

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi Trinitron.

Sounds like there is a problem with the nodes. I could probably fix it, but I would need the original .max file, not the .BOD.

Do you know where TP got the model from? If it was a Neverwinter one, I could probably build a new one the same. Got a screenshot?

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Hi Prospero.

I think this character from neverwinter nights... But I'm not assured. The model's made badly. Therefore I thought, what you could pull correctly that skins, what's at mine necromancer on other character Neverwinter Nights? I don't know what to do.

But tptpt found lich/necromancer model here:

There are any ideas?[8)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi Trinitron.

Those are NWN models. In fact I think the lower one is in the Wizard map. (Or one very much like it). The top one looks as if it is assembled from different parts, which is easy enough to do if you can find the correct ones. There are 1000s of arms and legs and such and some take some finding. If you give me some time I will try to make up one like it. It may not be an exact copy, but I can get close.