Feel the pain...

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Sir Random
Dragon

Feel the pain...

Post by Sir Random »

I thought I'd try adding a sense of 'pain' whenever the player takes damage (as seen in many modern fps games). I came up with a 'throb' effect, which varies in intensity depending on how much damage you take.

In this clip, you can see mild damage from an Ork with a Gladius, followed by medium & heavy damage from a Great Ork with an Ork sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmkjkFLg9M

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

I have registered a Mod in Mod DataBase. called "Sir Random Project" that should be good if you upload or send me your both videos to upload them to let the people see what is going on.

The videos are linked from youtube.

Is waiting authorization, but after that everybody will be able to see it.

Don't worry about the name, it can be changed later.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/sir-random-project

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Sir Ranomd that excellens idea, I like it![:p]

It really puts Blade gradually to a new level. At first I thought that you can add "arrow": when you are attacking from all sides, arrows on the sides of the screen shows where you're attacking. I think it would be superfluous (I believe you will understand that I had in view of.[:I])

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by esfumato</i>

I have registered a Mod in Mod DataBase. called "Sir Random Project" that should be good if you upload or send me your both videos to upload them to let the people see what is going on.

The videos are linked from youtube.

Is waiting authorization, but after that everybody will be able to see it.

Don't worry about the name, it can be changed later.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/sir-random-project
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hi esfu,
Here's another clip you can use for the moddb authorisation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMKjZc9UiRQ

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

You can manage your own mod at mod database if you want.

You can take control of the screenshots posted, the videos the news... everything.

Your mod is authorised right now.
http://www.moddb.com/games/severance-bl ... m-project1

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

How do I add the mod to my 'mods' profile? I find that site a bit confusing to navigate.

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

I have sent and email to the administrator of the site, to make you the developer of the mod, and the administrator. in some days it will be solved.

Edit: You are now the administrator of the mod. Now you can change the name from "Sir Random Project" to "Kronica".

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

I don't see any option to change the mod's name [:(].

Tbh, I really wish you hadn't uploaded this mod to moddb yet, especially since I had already told you that I wasn't ready. I really wanted to wait until it was almost finished, and then launch it properly with professional-looking videos and images. Now I haven't touched the mod for days, and have lost my enthusiasm for working on it... [:(].

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sir Random</i>

I don't see any option to change the mod's name [:(].

Tbh, I really wish you hadn't uploaded this mod to moddb yet, especially since I had already told you that I wasn't ready. I really wanted to wait until it was almost finished, and then launch it properly with professional-looking videos and images. Now I haven't touched the mod for days, and have lost my enthusiasm for working on it... [:(].

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

What the hell!! I will remove it inmediatly. UPS! I can't, you are now the mod administrator.

There is no option to remove the entire mod. But you can send a private mensage to Intense to remove it. It's one of the webmasters of MDB.

Come on dude! finish it.

charly
Dragon

Post by charly »

nice idea, blood everywhere in the screen [:D]

esfumato
Dragon

Post by esfumato »

I have seen that you have changed the mod name by Kronica (working title). It is not necesary to specify that is a working title, because you have it as Unrealesed MOD.

So everyone knows that is unfinished. It appears TBD to be announced realese date.

Is a way to promote your work, show the progress, and keep the people atention on your mod until the realese. Most of the mods are unrealesed. And lot of them, stop development before the realese, so you don't have nothing to be afraid of.

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

I'm not afraid of not finishing it, it's just that as a lone modder, the 'launch' is about the only thing I have to look forward to, and that motivates me to work on it night and day until it's ready to show the world. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I prefer to wait and let it be a surprise, rather than give regular updates. I think people these days want stuff as soon as they hear about it (while they're still hyped), and will quickly lose interest if it's not made available soon after.

Anyway, I've had a much-needed break and I'm back at it now, with loads of fresh ideas to work on...

charly
Dragon

Post by charly »

which map is this where u walk woth knight, it looks very cool, and got the great old feeling of the game

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by charly</i>

which map is this where u walk woth knight, it looks very cool, and got the great old feeling of the game
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">It's a new map I'm working on, long way to go yet...

In the meantime, if you want some new 'old' Blade, I've made the Tutorial map playable and I'm now adding some enemies to make it more interesting. Should be ready tomorrow.

charly
Dragon

Post by charly »

cool SR, it looks amezing, I didnt see much but I liked it [:D]