BOD Animations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

That's GREAT Harrison.[8D]

Works fine.

IrateGiant
Dragon

Post by IrateGiant »

Ok guys! at last! i install 3DMax2.5 but in other PC [:)]

Thanks!

Sir Random
Dragon

Post by Sir Random »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Harrison</i>

I used 2.5 version of 3DSMAX. To make the scene I worked with track animation options (Track View - > Open Track View). In this option keyframes on the animation track of each part ("bone" in the skeleton group) of character can be edited. I cut length of time from the animation track with keyframes of each part of character from original animation scenes of Wyvern and Vamp. After that I copied the cut animation track from each part of the Vamp to each part of the Knight.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thanks Harrison, I'll study some more tutorials to get familiar with the basics of 3dsmax, and then have a go at the anims.

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

Hi all guys. Thanks Harrison for you hardwork. I'll necessarily be engaged in all it when I'll return, on february, 2nd there will be 100 day to house. [:p] It will be necessarly to try create man manually any simply animation, btw it would be quite good to try with combinet forces animation of attack from two hands or animation.. Which was used in game Morrowind, when use spell.

IrateGiant
Dragon

Post by IrateGiant »

Hi guys! I have a doubt about to export characters. I try to change a little body part but when i going to export to BOD file a message appears: "Don't know how to save to that file type"

I put the plugins n dlls in respectives folder... [?]

P.D. Trinitron! you said that is possible import Morrowind animation to 3DMax and this to BOD? [:O]

Trinitron
Dragon

Post by Trinitron »

IG don't forget write in end namefiles ".BOD" E.g. - weapon.BOD -> save and export OK. No, it's impossible, only e.g. I've try to create in blade animation similar on Morrowind.

IrateGiant
Dragon

Post by IrateGiant »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Trinitron</i>

write in end namefiles ".BOD" E.g. - weapon.BOD -> save and export.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I try this but now appears the following: "The object to be exported must belong to the group: Blade_Object"

P.S. A lot of work would disappear if we could import animations from other games based on motion capture.

EDIT:

Sorry, i don't create the group with "Blade_Object" but the problem continue [:(], for example:

-When i try to export a mod character with group "Blade_Object_Bar_N" the program close n not create the file .BOD

-With weapons you can see something similar. I only try to change the anchor back location, i create the group, save n export, but the file .BOD generated are only 442 bytes n in internal only have the name of file.

P.D. We can do a topic with the news doubts and our advances [:)] BOD Modelations? [:D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi IG.

Don't be too discouraged. It took me ages to figure it out.

In characters, the Blade_Object_ group should contain two sub groups:

Blade_Skin

Blade_Skeleton

(There is also the Blade_Mutilations group, but this is optional.)

There should be no problem with objects. But one thing that will cause the export to fail is if you haven't applied texture.

Harrison
Dragon

Post by Harrison »

Hi all!

These skeleton groups of the persons have anchors, attached to them.
The anchors are essential for the proper orientation of weapons and shields in the process of creating animation. But after that, before grouping into Blade_AnimRoot_nameofanimation group and export to .BMV-file, these anchors and shields and weapons must be unlink from person skeleton group.

IrateGiant
Dragon

Post by IrateGiant »

Many thanks Pro and Harrison. Sorry to be so impatient. Henceforth, I try to be more calm and try to eliminate all possibilities before resorting to the experts. [:)] Sometimes I get myself to the solution.

P.S. Harrison, would be possible import all files from 3DObjs folder to 3DSMAX 2.5? I know that it's a very very lot of work. [xx(] I think that is possible obtain the .max files of many archives ".BOD" from "Blade_ExportWorld('masklin.mbw')" and save you to a lot of work [:)], but some objects as "armblade","coraza1",etc don't appear in the game. [:(] Thanks in advance!

Harrison
Dragon

Post by Harrison »

I think it's possible. But .MBW importing method can not help me because meshes imported by .MBW format don't contain information about texture coordinates and auxiliary objects (anchors, collision edges and trails). Now I am making a program to convert information from .BOD files to Maxscript .ms files. Started these scripts in 3DSMAX I will take necessary results: meshes of objects, texture coordinates and others...

IrateGiant
Dragon

Post by IrateGiant »

Thanks again Harrison. I'll be waiting your new tool. [:D]

Only one question guys: The files .max from "WeaponswithAnchors" and "AnimmodelswithAnchors" has the info about textures coordinates? If they has it, how can I get this info? Is too complicate edit textures with parameters. Thanks! [:)]

Harrison
Dragon

Post by Harrison »

No, there are not texture coordinates in these archives. Some textured objects imported into 3DSMAX2.5 from .BOD files there are in SomeBladeWeapons.rar only (http://uploading.com/files/9ec4e3m7/Som ... eapons.rar).

IrateGiant
Dragon

Post by IrateGiant »

OK thanks [:)]

Cuthberth
Whelp

Post by Cuthberth »

somebody can put the character meshes in .3ds because, after i change my hard disk for a 1 tb disk, 3ds max 8 dont work. now im using gmax 1.2
i need the models for make textures more easily

EDIT: when I say in .3ds, i mean if export the .max to .3ds