BOD Animations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Very nice video Sir Random! As I see this is Amz_g_katar combo. Yes, I know about L_Hand weapon as a shield. Three months ago I posted a video on the forum.ogl.ru:

http://www.imagelodge.net/video.php?video=twohands.flv

"Gladius" as a sword (weapon) in R_Hand and "Gadlius" as a shield in L_Hand.

Sorry for mistake in my last message. In Actions.py I replaced only "inv.LinkRightHand (object_name)" in function PickupEventHandler (string number 1687) to "inv.LinkLeftHand (object_name)".

to SR and Prospero

Sorry, I don't understand, can you hit enemies by these Left_Hand attacks?

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:19 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Harrison</i>
Sorry, I don't understand, can you hit enemies by these Left_Hand attacks?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Yes, but you must 'activate' the weapon object, so Blade interprets any collision and calculates damage.

All weapons are 'activated' and 'deactivated' by Funcs that are called during an attack animation (AnmEventFuncs). These funcs are triggered by timed events during an animation (AnmEvents).

For a 3-hit combo, the weapon needs to be turned on and off 3 times (6 events).

I changed the standard "Start_Weapon" func (R_Hand weapon) for a new func "Start_Weapon<font color="green">s</font id="green">" which activates both weapons:

Code: Select all

def Start_Weapons(EntityName, Event): pers=Bladex.GetEntity(EntityName) weapon=pers.InvRight weapon1=Bladex.GetEntity(weapon) weapon1.MessageEvent(Reference.MESSAGE_START_WEAPON,0,0) weapon1.MessageEvent(Reference.MESSAGE_START_TRAIL,0,0) <font color="green">weapon=pers.InvLeft</font id="green"> weapon2=Bladex.GetEntity(weapon) weapon2.MessageEvent(Reference.MESSAGE_START_WEAPON,0,0) weapon2.MessageEvent(Reference.MESSAGE_START_TRAIL,0,0)
EDIT\
I manged to capture successful hits with the lefthand weapon. I used a Mace for the righthand weapon, which only does crush damage. At the end of the video I severed the enemy's arm, which shows he was hit with the sword (slash damage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MyTJrNbZnY

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:36 pm

Working on the big Dwarf at the moment. First go I just scaled up the model in max and exported. As I expected, it has no affect at all. I'm now rebuilding the model by detaching all the polys and re-assembling. Not too long a job except it messes up all the pivots.

Stay Tuned. [:)]

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Yes, Sir Random! Thank you very much for the information and excellent video! This is a truly outstanding result!

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Ok, I tried using the Dwarf mesh instead of Golem with my giant actor code, and he looks really good at 3x normal size. The textures don't look too stretched, and he has the correct proportions for a giant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4P1STFB5Eo

It's a shame the Blade engine doesn't allow person scaling natively, as it's obviously able to scale models and anims. Hopefully pro will get around this by creating new 'giant' models.

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi guys! [:)]

I´ve been trying to replace a body part, but when I export the character to BOD and try to see the change, the game crash. What are the steps for this method works fine? [8)]

P.S. Giant Dwarf! Great! xD

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:07 pm

I got similar probs.[B)] I did get a giant dwarf done and exported fine. Few bugs on some of the joints though. The Skeleton group on the RAS models has some nodes that are objects with no faces. So I can't disassemble/reassemble them so they scale right. The Dwarf had huge boots and skinny shins.[:I]. Plan B was to replace the missing mesh where the nodes were -rebuild and delete the faces. I'm at the stage now where the model crashes on export. But I'm determined to figure it out.[:D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Well I did finally get the giant dwarf to export. Not a total success as there is something not quite right with him. He stands at a funny angle and is up to his waist in the floor.[B)]

I'll have another go later.[8)]

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:54 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

Well I did finally get the giant dwarf to export. Not a total success as there is something not quite right with him. He stands at a funny angle and is up to his waist in the floor.[B)]

I'll have another go later.[8)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hmm, 'up to his waist in the floor' sounds like the 'char.SetOnFloor' func is placing the model's centre-point at a preset distance (1500?) from the floor.

Maybe if you used a duplicate anm, like Dwf_rlx_no.BMV (with new internal name) without any 'Bladex.AddAnmRStep' events, it might stay where you put it?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:30 am

I've completely rebuilt the giant Dwarf.

His mesh looks OK now when created as an Object. I have not tried him actually working as I have still to align all his pivots. I'll do that tomorrow if I get a chance....[:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Got him working with a few glitches. Part of his hip is clinging onto his hands for some reason. And his arms are swinging the wrong way. Apart from that he works fine.

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Nice work pro, how does he behave in combat lock? I presume he'll need a new class, with extended AttackData distances?

Does the head have any different properties to the other body parts in 3dsmax? I'm just wondering how the head can be controlled dynamically while an animation is playing (player looks at nearby objects while walking).

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Haven't tried him in combat yet. Actually, without any other Chars for reference he looks and behaves just like a normal sized Dwarf. One strange thing was not being able to climb a high wall when he could see over the top. (He is 3mt tall). I've just applied the mesh to a std Dwarf though. I'm going to script a completely new race for him so I can tweak the collision spheres and make a Bng model.

btw. I know what is wrong with the mesh, but it is a very tricky job trying to fix it. The RAS models are different from the NWN ones in that the Skin is in one part and the nodes in the Skeleton group are sections of the Skin. This allows the faces on the skin that don't have a corresponding one on the skel to deform.
Some nodes have no faces and consist only of a group of vertices. I can't use the detach/attach method on these nodes to fix the scale or the isolated vertices vanish. It means creating new ones from parts of the skin and deleting bits until they match the originals. Slightly mind-boggling.[:p]

Can't wait to give a Mino a good kicking.[B)]

btw. Often wondered about the head thing myself. I think maybe this feature is controlled from the engine and there isn't any way to override it.

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:01 pm

pro, you chopped off the Traitor_Knight's horns, so how about sticking one on the Dwarf's head to make a cyclops?

He'd look great wielding a Rhino club! [:D] (I'm not asking you to actually do it, just thinking out loud)

charly
Dragon

Postby charly » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”