Multiplayer BOD mod in a new engine.

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Argoon
Dragon
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Postby Argoon » Thu May 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Hello Daxon thanks for the offer do you know how to rig a model with a skeleton? IF so i can send you a model of some FPS arms i made for the mod.

Imagehttp://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj30 ... e_arms.png

Daxon
Dragon
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:12 pm
Location: Spain

Postby Daxon » Sun May 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Hello Argoon, Sorry no idea, I worked making skins, sounds, particles and textures, but this kind of information go out of my knowlegde sorry [B)]

Sir Random
Dragon
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:58 am
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Postby Sir Random » Tue May 15, 2012 4:03 am

Progress update:

I have all the interactive stuff working now. keys, locks, levers, potions & torches are all 'useable' with appropriate animations, sounds, etc.

For the hand torch, I made it so that it stays in the player's inventory once it's been picked up, but it goes out when sheathed, and must be relit from a naked flame when equipped.

The bow is working fine for player and enemies, with arrow trails & fx. The only thing left to do there is the model aiming.

I rewrote the player combat so that the combos are more effective, I just need to do 'blocking' and combat is done.

I've made all the SDK stuff compatible with saving and loading, all seems fine there.


So, nearly done! The other chars and monsters should be straightforward enough. I'll upload a video of the new stuff soon, I just need to tidy up my test map.

I'm gonna take a short break for Diablo III, I need some 'killing' time [:)]

Argoon
Dragon
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Postby Argoon » Tue May 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Fantastic news Sir Random, can't wait for the video! Ho and good hunting on Diablo III :D.


<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Daxon</i>

Hello Argoon, Sorry no idea, I worked making skins, sounds, particles and textures, but this kind of information go out of my knowlegde sorry [B)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No problem man does skills you have are also very helpfull. :)

User avatar
Trinitron
Dragon
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:53 pm
Location: Russia

Postby Trinitron » Tue May 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Hey Sir Random.

You're pleased with all of us. Thank you (and Harrison as source files) so much for a great job. Anyway, I took a forced vacation (which lasts about a year) from BOD modding. Nevertheless, I can't live my life if I didn't get back to modding, game will be fully fit for new engine of Doom 3. My hope of game release from under this engine to lay down on your shoulders.[:D]

Sir Random
Dragon
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:58 am
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Postby Sir Random » Wed May 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks guys,
I made a quick video of the new stuff. The quality isn't great but you can see what's happening. The bow problem can be seen when I aim at the door, the model doesn't move with up/down aiming but that'll get fixed (somehow). I still need to give the objects 'names' which appear when you get close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz6VI-MpHiU



For anyone else playing Diablo3 that got the "Error 37" (or any error), check out this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk

LOL [:D] [:D] Made me cry laughing...

justin_paplus
Whelp
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 11:06 pm
Location: France

Postby justin_paplus » Thu May 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Argoon, your 1p hands will be used in Sir Random doom3 blade version ? I know how to rig using 3dsmax but don't have much time cause I'm working on 2 games at the moment(one during daytime and another during nighttime.But maybe I can find some free time for the hands you made, can u post a wireframe version screenshot so I can see the geometry.I made these hands recently for "chivalry medieval warfare" http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7279872/masonmaa.jpg and these ones http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7279872/agathamaahands.jpg ;)

Argoon
Dragon
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Postby Argoon » Thu May 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Justin i really don't know if they will be used or not, if someone makes a good rig and some animations then maybe, but only Sir Random can decide that because in the end it will be him that will implement them, btw the arms you made look awesome man fantastic job that is the kind of talent this mod needs.[:0]

here is the wire of the hands.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj30 ... s_wire.png


Sir Random the video looks fantastic that is BOD right there, [:D] fantastic job.
Now please don't take this badly, i saw that you used the original BOD models for the potions, and yes they still look very good for so low poly models but imo if we can minimize the usage of original BOD or even Doom3 models the better, on my temple map there's two different models of potions flasks (texture wise the BOD ones does look better but i also can do a better texture, the ones i used are really place holder ones), you really should check them out, there's also other models that could be useful.

Sir Random
Dragon
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:58 am
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Postby Sir Random » Fri May 18, 2012 2:02 am

Thanks Argoon,

I've nothing against hi-poly models, as long as they blend in with the Blade world. I haven't looked at the potion models yet, but your barrel looks great, and blends in nicely with the Blade textures. New models can be added anytime by just replacing the existing model and adding the new material.

Sir Random
Dragon
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:58 am
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Postby Sir Random » Fri May 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Ok, the bow aiming is working now. I couldn't find a way to rotate the model from the waist up (like the Doom models), so I'm rotating the whole model. This means the player's legs swing with the mouse movement, but it doesn't matter because the player's view is zoomed in while aiming, so the legs can't be seen.
I had this method in mind as a 'last resort', because the model and view rotations would not be synchronised exactly (like first-person view), but after an email from Harrison I decided to give it a go and I'm surprised at how well it actually works. The difference in rotation is only noticeable at extremes (looking straight up or down) and doesn't really affect aiming.

http://youtu.be/2CdBsmfDN-k


Jeez, I was nearly forgetting about a major element of Blade, the chopping off of limbs with fountains of blood. That's next on the list...

charex
Hatchling
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:12 pm
Location: Argentina

Postby charex » Sun May 20, 2012 1:37 pm

So, would anyone explain to me, what's going on here? I'm completly new (actually I've been registered since 2010 but never been around for too much)

I NEED TO KNOW what is this, you guys porting the multiplayer to the Doom 3 engine? or the single player? both?

is this some serious project or just messing around?

Have anything been released already?

I DON'T KNOW, and the forum format makes it even more confusing to look for info :(

THIS ALL LOOKS SO GOOD

User avatar
Blackbeard
Dragon
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:54 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Blackbeard » Sun May 20, 2012 1:41 pm

sir random is making a Doom 3 Mod based on Blade of Darkness.
Its not a port.

Argoon
Dragon
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Postby Argoon » Sun May 20, 2012 11:59 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sir Random</i>

Ok, the bow aiming is working now. I couldn't find a way to rotate the model from the waist up (like the Doom models), so I'm rotating the whole model. This means the player's legs swing with the mouse movement, but it doesn't matter because the player's view is zoomed in while aiming, so the legs can't be seen.
I had this method in mind as a 'last resort', because the model and view rotations would not be synchronised exactly (like first-person view), but after an email from Harrison I decided to give it a go and I'm surprised at how well it actually works. The difference in rotation is only noticeable at extremes (looking straight up or down) and doesn't really affect aiming.

http://youtu.be/2CdBsmfDN-k

Jeez, I was nearly forgetting about a major element of Blade, the chopping off of limbs with fountains of blood. That's next on the list...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Fantastic man, about the chopping off of limbs i have no doubts you will make it, i have no doubts you will make anything you set your mind to do for that matter, congrats, you will go far with this project.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by charex</i>

So, would anyone explain to me, what's going on here? I'm completly new (actually I've been registered since 2010 but never been around for too much)

I NEED TO KNOW what is this, you guys porting the multiplayer to the Doom 3 engine? or the single player? both?

is this some serious project or just messing around?

Have anything been released already?

I DON'T KNOW, and the forum format makes it even more confusing to look for info :(

THIS ALL LOOKS SO GOOD
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Only Sir Random can give you a definitive answer, but i have no doubts he is as serious about this project as it can be, even if is only for learning purposes. If he will release anything in the future i really don't know, there's some legal questions still lingering around.

Daxon
Dragon
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:12 pm
Location: Spain

Postby Daxon » Mon May 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Hello again dear Bladers, I was last days thinking about the limb´s mutilation thing, and came to my head the game Painkiller, in this game some of the enemies got medieval and fantastic style and can be mutilated, they would work fine for have more monsters to include, was just a opinion hehe

¡Sir Random te mereces una estatua macho!

User avatar
MBK_MBK
Dragon
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:06 am
Location: Spain
Contact:

Postby MBK_MBK » Mon May 21, 2012 5:21 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Daxon</i>

Hello again dear Bladers, I was last days thinking about the limb´s mutilation thing, and came to my head the game Painkiller, in this game some of the enemies got medieval and fantastic style and can be mutilated, they would work fine for have more monsters to include, was just a opinion hehe

¡Sir Random te mereces una estatua macho!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hello Daxon, good idea... [^] but I have no idea if anybody could program a mod with that game, as BOD [:I]

Jajaja! [:D][:D] Sí tío, ¡se merece una estatua y una rotonda y una calle!
Pagaría por ver cambiadas las estatuas del "Minotauro" y de "Lola Flores" de Jerez, (amorfas) por un modelo 3D del Bárbaro y con la cara de SR! Jajaja [:D][:D][:p]

Sir random, much encouragement! [;)]


Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron