New mod: Difficulty for experts players and more

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Re: New mod: Difficulty for experts players and more

Postby MBK_MBK » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:34 am

Hello!
Somebody could tell me if the mod works well in his PC?
Thanks.
The translation to english is 70% completed... I am still working to finish it.

¿Alguien podría decirme si el mod funciona bien en su ordenador?
¿Alguien a podido probarlo?
Lo pregunto en español porque la versión del mod es en español...
Gracias.

Sé que si tienes BOD ya con BoDLoader y más mods instalados, es un problema para probar mi mod Hiperboreo, porque deben modificarse los archivos desde una instalación original; ya que no es compatible con la configuración de BoDLoader. Pero eso tiene SOLUCION. En teoría: como es un juego antiguo debería funcionar... Para poder instalar dos copias de Blade en el mismo ordenador, yo he cambiado de nombre la carpeta de la primera instalacion y he borrado en el registro las entradas de Blade. Cuando el disco original o el Setup de instalación verifican el registro, no deberían ver la instalación y debería permitir otra instacion y modificar de nuevo el registro de windows... (en Ejecutar, Win+R, comando "regedit").
La instalación antigua la crackeas con un .exe NO-CD. (En mi mod Hiperboreo ya viene un ejecutable .exe NO-CD crackeado). Debería funcionar desde el disco duro. A mí me funciona y puedo jugar los mods con BoDLoader y mi modo Hiperbóreo SIN BoDLoader.

La segunda instacion ORIGINAL, USALA PARA MODIFICARLA CON LOS ARCHIVOS DEL MOD HIPERBOREO. Y DEBERIA FUNCIONAR CON EL CD ORIGINAL O CON UNA IMAGEN ISO... A mí me funciona. Importante: EL NOMBRE DE LA CARPETA PRINCIPAL C:/Blade/ DEBE SER DIFERENTE EN LA PRIMERA INSTALACION, QUE EL PROGRAMA DEL CD NO LO LEA.

Con esto a mí me funciona y NO HAY QUE PERDER NI BORRAR TU BoD CON BoDLOADER, Y PODRAS JUGAR EL MOD HIPERBOREO V1.5 ...
Digo esto por si a alguien le es útil.
Saludos.
Loose your ghosts, because they keep suspiciously your freedom.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Hello friends.

You can install two versions of BoD at once:

First install the original BOD, in the default folder. Then you must yo crack the file .../Bin/Blade.exe with a No-CD Patch.
You can find the Patch in the "Big Truck" site.
Make a copy oh the main folder of the game C:/Blade Andrés to this copied folder you must to change the name.
To the original folder, you must install BoDLoader and the old Mods that you want.
And to the another folder with the changed name, you must install only the Hyperborean Mod.
Finally you should make two direct access, one for each cracked files ...Bin/Blade.exe and so you will can to play the version that you want.

In my PC this method works well. :)

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:32 am

Hi MBK! Yes I tested the mod and work perfectly! :D

I find only a bug; playing game in window mode, when you access to main menu to change the difficulty for example, the menu is showed like in fullscreen mode. You see a incomplete menu.

For everything else , it´s perfect and very well optimized. :wink:

Great MBK! Greetings bro! :D
Escúchame hijo y aprende el saber...

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:18 pm

Hello friends :D

Well, I was working to fix some bugs that I saw... Some of them, I get it to fix. 8)
The main thing that I wanted to fix, was: To save and load the Combat Scorers, the Ranks, the Bonus to Attack and Defense... with a saved game.
But due to unknown errors, or conficts, it not works well... so I left this, I don't know how to fix it well, the code is too complex. :?

Now I am uploading the last version of the Hyperborean Mod: 1.5.1
This version is in spanish and english.
The translation of the english version may be not perfect.

This version corrects some things, like as:
No-Load mode fixed.
Freeze ball fixed.
Fire and Ice damages can make some random effect.
Fixed some errors in some maps, that was too hard...
And more things that I don't remember now... :roll:

Best regards! :mrgreen:
Last edited by MBK_MBK on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi MBK! Yes I tested the mod and work perfectly! :D

I find only a bug; playing game in window mode, when you access to main menu to change the difficulty for example, the menu is showed like in fullscreen mode. You see a incomplete menu.

For everything else , it´s perfect and very well optimized. :wink:

Great MBK! Greetings bro! :D

Oh, YES! :D
Thank you Bro! I am very happy! :mrgreen:

About the bug of the windows mode, I have no idea... the Hyperborean mod not change the video mode. It could be for the video settings, or for the windows 7... I am not sure.. :?
May it be, due to the images resolutions, that I was desing, are 1280x1024 píxels...
I don't use the window mode, because it not works well with my old SO windows XP... It is better the full screen mode.

Well, please check the version 1.5.1 , I have fixed some things... :wink: 8)

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:03 pm

Hello, :)

Sorry, I am a little busy and I forgot to upload the version 1.5.1 in spanish... :roll:

I will upload it as soon as I can.

Mingyue, my great friend, I hope that you will can to test the english version... After five years... this work is all thanks to your great help and encourage. Thank you very much, and thanks for all whos was helped to make this mod come real. :wink:

Best regards.

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:18 am

Hi,MBK。my friend。I am very very very glad to see your great job completed :D :D :D ! And the great job is what I have been looking for a long time :lol: .
Five years,you did it.
I’m so ashamed that I was busying for a long time :( :( :( . As a teacher,I take two new coure this semester. I have to prepare the ppt everyday.So I will test your masterpiece a months later. then I will give my opinon and suggestion.
Many thx for the great job!
Best regards. :mrgreen:
Where you put your time, you will gain what you want!

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Greetngs! :)

I uploaded to MoDDB the Hyperborean Difficulty Mod, V1.5.1 IN SPANISH.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mod-dificulta ... hiperboreo

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi,MBK。my friend。I am very very very glad to see your great job completed :D :D :D ! And the great job is what I have been looking for a long time :lol: .
Five years,you did it.
I’m so ashamed that I was busying for a long time :( :( :( . As a teacher,I take two new coure this semester. I have to prepare the ppt everyday.So I will test your masterpiece a months later. then I will give my opinon and suggestion.
Many thx for the great job!
Best regards. :mrgreen:
Hello Ming!
A big huge, my friend. :wink:
I am glad that you are fine. Do not worry, take it easy. I wish you the best and courage. :wink:
See you soon.

Best regards.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:06 pm

Hello friends, :)

To the V1.5.2 of the mod, I get several things fixed. :D

Well, for example:
The game can be saved-loaded well in all maps. (It should works, but is better not save when you are fighting...)
Fixed some errors in the code of the characters, allies and enemies.
Fixed an error in the option "no-load mode"... Sometimes did not works well.
Fixed the Magic amulet. It can summon the four heros, with a random equip, can use bows, broadswords or sperars or axes; or be ambidextrous... included all new combos.
Fixed the code of the four allies heros, they fight more deadly. But sometimes they could not respond for moments.
Added more enemies to the maps, added traitors heros... You will fight against traitors heros, very hard! 8)

...and fixed more things in the maps.
I am near to finish too the "Hyperborean Gladiador mod V1.0." :)

Best regards.

Sabre

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Sounds amazing man, when is this version coming out? Also, not to repeat myself from the other thread, but I realize you may not be checking that thread.. is there any other way to balance shields, because right now it seems that it's pretty much mandatory to carry them as all classes (the bonuses are amazing) and I think that the amazon and especially the barbarian who doesn't even use them at all look kind of stupid holding them on their hand..

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:40 am

Hello friends,
Have a happy new year :)

Sorry, I was a little busy and I was have not much free time... But I am still working on it to finish the current version 1.5.2 ...

Well, I am thinking too in others things to add... I would like to add the wizard or mage character called Masklin, to the original game... Fixing and adapting some things... It will be a challenge... I love that carácter and I will like to play with him in the original history. 8)

I have learn so much from your help and all the amazing great mods, for example Fugitive saga of Master Prospero... ;) thank you very much to all...

Some day I will be prepared to make a map and a mod; I want to make the history of Dal Gurak, his past. An example of the argument, "DAL GURAK'S QUEST episode 1":

- How a young Dal see to die to his family, members of the rich nobility in a central kindom, killed by a unknowns mages-warriors-thiefs that commands an army of ork and beasts... How a young Dal, is kidnaped by them and taked to the frontier lands... How a young Dal live in a dangerous places, protected by those unknowed mages-warriors-thiefs like as one people more, but he learns the habits of the orks that are in the fields and caves... How the young Dal remember the teachings of his dead father: the secrets of the gods and the creation of the universe by Ahura Mazda... How the father of Dal discern light-shadows while he "talks" with the gods called Angra Manyu and Spenta Manyu... How a young Dal go far to steal to an monastery with a partner... How in this place Dal meet to the Order of Masklin, priests of Auryaman and their oracle Ras Abaruk... How Dal is surprised by the priests and their soldiers, that kills his pal. How Dal kill to the knights but is defeated by the elemental magic of the priests... How Dal is punished to serve to the priests... How Dal see more things about the life in the monastery and he meet to Masklin there... The time pass, Dal and Masklin grow together and learns some elemental magics... How Dal thinks that the history of the gods writted by those priests, is a fake... How Dal and Masklin are so differents... The priests make cults to the gods and to the creation of Ahura... Dal remember that the unknowed mages-warriors-thiefs never prayed any cult, never payed any task to any king, because they are like barbarians and adventurers people... How the conflicts are more big and Dal not accept their life in the monastery... How Dal have a hard discussion with the priests and tells them "Ignorants liers! If the creation of the gods have another aim? The free warriors never pray, the real gods of freedom are not like you fools thoughts of fake love and fake devotion!"... How Masklin see that and then Dal and Masklin fights... And Masklin wins the battle, but Dal gets to run away before Masklin could kill him... End of episode 1.

Hehehe :) Well... So much things will be in the next episodes:

With the premise of that each living been must to fight to survive and grow by his own efforts; Dal have no fear to the gods, Dal feels him self like a barbarian-adventurer warrior and he wants to be a god by his own efforts... Dal hates to ask the mercy of the priestly caste...

How Dal learns to see and listen to the voices of the gods, like his father... How Dal learns to talk with the orks, wich lives as a bandits in some clans.
How Dal gets to conquer some kindoms of the priestly caste of Ianna, with the help of the orks.
How Dal creates the Black Order of knight and his Black Guard, commanded by Vinculanus.
How nobody knows the real past of Dalgurak and his real aims... and makes some fake tales about those wars...
How Dal gets to arrive to the Land of Dark Gods, through the Abyss... And meet in there to Aserat, Xathra, and Angra Manyu... And learns the secrets of the life and death, the secret of Aura Mazda and the FAKE CREATION. Because there is another creation, where the gods lives eternaly. And where is no fear, no pain, no cycles of death-life...
Then Dal start to hate to the Ahura Mazda and his fake creation of duality and pain. And then Dal wants to destroy it all and to be an inmortal god in the Dark Plane of Gods... the metaversal place from where Ahura Mazda was come to make this universal creation ..

How Dal become a master necromancer... He controls to the deads and to the criatures of the abyss called as demons.
How Dal build his Tower with the help of the orks and the Black knights.
How the First War of the Sword starts... The Black nights and the orks works united to conquer the far lands of the stepes and of the cities-states of sailors...
How Meskalamdug, the leader big demon, anihilate 1000 knights and dwarves, in the cities of Urbaid and Nippur.
How the Goddess Ianna see that big wars and calls to her four races to come united to her sanctuary.

... Etc.

The last episode should be the death of Dal by the four heros of Ianna, but the god of Chaos Aserat, will be the last character to control in the abyss...

Greetings.
Last edited by MBK_MBK on Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:37 am

Sounds amazing man, when is this version coming out? Also, not to repeat myself from the other thread, but I realize you may not be checking that thread.. is there any other way to balance shields, because right now it seems that it's pretty much mandatory to carry them as all classes (the bonuses are amazing) and I think that the amazon and especially the barbarian who doesn't even use them at all look kind of stupid holding them on their hand..
Hello Sabre and many thanks. :)

...In the higher levels and in the hardest difficulty there is more chances to survive if the hero use a shield. The shield can protect too to the hero of a magic fire, for example...

The look of the barbarian with a big shield and a big broadsword, is ugly... You are right. :roll:
Well, I do not know if erase it or keep it. But I like to use the shields with two handed weapons. I think that the player could decide him self to use the shields or not.

Ok, I will try to balance those atributes of the shields... May will be better to subtract some points of attack.

Greetings.

Sabre

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:20 pm

Hey man that's great. Let me once again say this mod is the best thing that's ever happened to this game and thank you for all your effort! :)

About shields.. they are great and fitting for the knight and especially the dwarf, since he is pretty terrible at dodging and his attack range is horrible.. he NEEDS the shields, for sure. On the other hand, how about maybe making barbarians and amazons have BONUSES instead of penalties on their 2-handers? Make it so instead of being able to carry a shield with a 2 handed weapon those weapons instead get defensive bonuses.. not as good as a shield, but still there. Make the shield not give you ANY offensive bonus (unless it's a special spiked shield or something) and instead give more defense. That way, a big barbarian weapon will have more + to power but far less defense (but still some!) compared to a knight with a 1 handed sword and a shield.. to me that makes sense and seems balanced. Same with the Amazon, her weapons should give even more defense than attack, as they are more suited to parrying/defending/whatever, right?

Also, another quick request, if it's possible.. more blunt weapons for the barbarian, please! :) He is a great character but suffers terribly from having only ONE weapon and a late-game one too (rhino-club). If you could add some weaker versions of it or something, whatever, just so that early on skeletons are not so hard :) Anyways, those are just some ideas, keep up the great work! :)

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Thank you very much Sabre! :D

Yes, good ideas!
Ok let's try to make them real... :mrgreen:

About the balance ot atributes of the four characters, due to the differents difficulties the balance may not keep well... :?
The knight and the amazon are weak in the hardest difficulty... the barbarian and the dwarf are too much strong in the easy or normal difficilties.
I was wanted to make that the easy difficilties was better to train; and so the hard difficulties could be a challengue for the experts players.
The "damage factor" of each attack, is balanced from the heros to the enemies... but those was a lot of animations, and six difficulty levels; may be not perfect. :roll:

I think that it will be better if I not allow the shields with the 2H weapons...

Geetings! :)

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”