New mod: Difficulty for experts players and more

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Re: New mod: Difficulty for experts players and more

Postby MBK_MBK » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:50 am

Hello! :)

About the game getting very slow, when I added the textures in high definition, along with the new graphic modifications: I solved it. :D
Partly it was due to the textures, which increases the loading time; but the problem that I had was due to conflicts between my hardware and the new graphic mode. So I tried to copy-paste the complete folder .../Bin of the V1.5.1 (year 2015), and it works well again, the game is no longer too slow and I can play with textures in high definition. :D

I hope that textures in high definition are not a problem in other computers that are more powerful than mine. :mrgreen:
So, working on it, the V1.6 of the Hyperborean Mod will be in high definition. 8)

One example of the previous textures:

Two examples of Marakamda in HD:

Perhaps the quality of the textures can be improved still more, but at the moment it is quite good.
So, now I can see more sharp details, which were previously fuzzy and pixelated. 8)
Loose your ghosts, because they chain suspiciously your freedom.
My Youtube channel, tests with Hyperborean Mod:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MBEASTKING1980
Web site of Hyperborean mod:
https://sites.google.com/view/bodhyperboreanmodbymbk

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Some old test images... 8) :mrgreen:

"A hard day in the life of Tukaram..." :x

"It over, man, you won." 8)

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:55 am

Greetings. :)

Some example of improved texture with "Gigapixel" program.
This image is the "Travel diary".
In addition to showing the travel diary notes, which deal with the story's plot; there will be a marker to count the gold and silver that the hero will get.

Normal texture:

Improved HD texture: 8)

The results are good and the quality of detail and sharpness is improved; but some images of backgrounds can not be larger because the "graphic Raster" does not support it well. So I can only improve some background images, with a bit of sharpness, but no more resolution. The rest of the textures also have a maximum resolution size that is normally four times larger, (x4). Anyway, it won't be like a modern game, but at least it looks a little sharper.

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:46 pm

Good news, I have converted all your textures with "Gigapixel AI". It only took me two hours.

Because I have good tools and mid-range hardware, you can choose the processing mode of "Gigapixel AI", GPU or CPU.
I only used two tools for this process, "mmp_convert" and "Gigapixel AI".

My steps:
1. Unpack all your textures at once
2. Convert them to png format at once
3. The most important thing, when I found out that "Gigapixel AI" can only process one folder at a time, I realized that it was very inefficient. So I wrote a function "Files Unification", which means that it can rename each file (unique ID), and then move all the files to the same directory, so that it does not cause duplicate names. I map their original paths to a dictionary, each ID name corresponds to the original name of the file, and saves the dictionary to a "FileMapping.json" file. So they can be restored. [Files Unification.gif]
At this time, "Gigapixel AI" can process all the files at once, for a total of 2615 images. [Gigapixel AI process]

4. After the "Gigapixel AI" is processed, use "Files Unification" to move the files to their original directories.
5. Package the "AI 4X" texture at once
6. At this time, the directory of all mmp files is mixed with image files. We need to extract all mmp files and maintain the directory hierarchy. I temporarily use the system search function, search for "*.mmp", and then select all compression to rar, win7 system will automatically retain the directory hierarchy.

This is a contrast image:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Haha! That's right, the image on the right is really 8bits quality. I found that the palette algorithm of the python library is not as good as Photoshop. The palette of the python library will lose blue or red eyes, and the Photoshop palette works very well.

[img2]
[img3]
[img4]
[img5]
[img6]

This is the 8bpp Chaos Knight. Now, I need to sleep. Tomorrow I will use Photoshop to convert more 8bpp textures for D3d.

Enjoy! Dark Fantasy. :D :D
Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0SHO ... P3FdZLWzpQ

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:45 am

Awesome, Sryml, you are a genius! :shock: :o :o :D :D :D

I will try how you describe it, with the tools you have created and used. Did you only take 2 hours? Amazing! It took me 2 days to make the Marakamda map. Great, so I can save a lot of work. :D :D :idea:
By the way, the "HD texture pack" I published a year ago, for my mod is obsolete; because I have changed again some textures in objects, characters and maps... I would have to send you all my current textures from my computer, if you want.
This is a contrast image:
:o That image is sharper, the gradients on the face are softer and does not look so pixelated. Great, that is the quality that I would like to achieve.
That's right, the image on the right is really 8bits quality. I found that the palette algorithm of the python library is not as good as Photoshop.
So, have you used Photoshop to save the image in higher quality? :?:
Can an 8-bit image have better quality than a 16-bit or 24-bit image? :?
The "palette algorithm", Is it a code for pixel processing?

Thank you very much friend, and Congratulations! :D

Note: I really like the images of Zoe with her armor and the Knight of Chaos. :) :mrgreen:

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:36 am

Thx, friend.
That's because I am lucky, I met "Gigapixel AI". Its first version was released in August 2018, but I never knew it until SrRaulCL mentioned it.
So I know that making HD textures is a very difficult process. :?

I also found out that your HD texture package does change some textures, such as the green eyes of Ianna's sword, other patterns of shields, and ancient texts engraved on special weapons, which look amazing!

:mrgreen: Yes, I only spent 2 hours from 256 old textures to 4x HD versions. A total of 160 mmp files, 2615 images. "Gigapixel AI" took 102 minutes to process them, plus the time it took to pack and unpack, which was about 2 hours in total.

I can't imagine that I need to process the files one by one. The common practice is to unpack 1 mmp, convert the format, and process it with "Gigapixel AI" and package it into mmp. This will require 160 repetitive tasks.

Now you can concentrate on making more refined textures. As for the HD processing of all textures, it only needs to be handed over to the program to complete. What we have to do is creativity and imagination. :lol:
I will continue to update the more complete "mmp convert".

If you are convenient, I am very happy to receive your latest texture.

Oh! No, the 8-bit image quality is not as good as 16 or 24 bits. The 8bit is just a smaller size, it has only 256 colors, so it loses some detail. But it is strange that BoD renders 8-bit images with good brightness and 24 bits that are significantly darker. Sky brightness is not affected. So this makes it very difficult for me to decide. It doesn't matter, we can make two versions.
There is another reason. In D3d mode, the image takes up very high memory, and BoD will crash at 1.2G. 8-bit images can reduce memory usage.

The palette is unique to images of 8 bits or less and does not exist in 24/32 bits.
"bpp" means Bits Per Pixels, which is 8bit = 1Byte in the computer.
The 24bpp image is 3 bytes per pixel (R, G, B), each byte can represent a value from 0 to 255, they can be combined into more than 16.7 million (2 to the 24th power) colors, so this Also called true color.
If there is a 256*256 image, the image data size in 24bpp format is 256*256*3=196608bytes (192KB).

The 8bpp image is 1 byte per pixel, so it looks like it is the same as the grayscale image. But it is an indexing method. In the 8-bit bmp format, there is a color palette. It has a maximum of 256 colors, each color occupies 4 bytes (RGBA), and "A" is basically unnecessary. So the fixed size of the palette is 256*4=1024 bytes.
It uses a pixel value (0-255) to index a color in the palette to replace it, making it different from the grayscale image. It has color.
So 256*256 image, its image data size is 256*256+1024=66560bytes (65KB)
As for how the palette is generated, I don't know. This algorithm is definitely complicated and I only know how to use it. This feature in Photoshop is called "Indexed Color".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that you will like this image of Chaos Knight, haha! I know that we have a common aesthetic, so that image is for you. :wink:
The armor you made is so handsome! Keep the excellent work.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:35 pm

I also found out that your HD texture package does change some textures, such as the green eyes of Ianna's sword, other patterns of shields, and ancient texts engraved on special weapons, which look amazing!
Thank you, I'm happy that you like it. These ancient texts are "nordic runes". :)
And yes, the runic strokes are so old, that these are like the old cuneiform writing; these are the fundamental basis of vertical writing in straight lines (strokes) and ideograms; such as Arabic, traditional Chinese or Japanese, etc.

I can't imagine that I need to process the files one by one. The common practice is to unpack 1 mmp, convert the format, and process it with "Gigapixel AI" and package it into mmp. This will require 160 repetitive tasks.
Well, this is precisely how what I have been doing... Repetitive task. And my computer was getting very slow in the process of improving images with Gigapixel. :oops: :| :roll: :lol: :lol:
I think you saved a part of my life... Like, I remember that time you helped me, you rescue the work of the "improved inventory" a few years ago, in February of the year 2015... :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: So, eternal gratitude. :) :wink:

Now you can concentrate on making more refined textures. As for the HD processing of all textures, it only needs to be handed over to the program to complete. What we have to do is creativity and imagination. :lol:
I will continue to update the more complete "mmp convert".
Great! Cool! :D

If you are convenient, I am very happy to receive your latest texture.
I am still looking at the textures that my computer can improve and those that my computer cannot improve. Although some textures are already in size x4, these have not good sharpness and could be improved with Gigapixel. For now I have already looked at all the textures of wallpapers, objects, weapons and characters. Now I am checking textures on all maps.
I guess I could send you some textures of the maps that I still have to do. For example, the snowy version of the Kashgar map.
If your computer is much more powerful than mine, it could improve the textures even more and to work much faster. My computer only has 4 GB of RAM memory, an ATI Radeon HD 4600 graphics card with 1 GB, and it is dual core wih 2.93 GHz.

I have converted all your textures with "Gigapixel AI".
Please, could you to upload the improved textures to Mega and share with me a download link?
So I could correct the textures I have here with the improved versions that you have made. Thank you very much my friend. :)

Oh! No, the 8-bit image quality is not as good as 16 or 24 bits. The 8bit is just a smaller size, it has only 256 colors, so it loses some detail. But it is strange that BoD renders 8-bit images with good brightness and 24 bits that are significantly darker. Sky brightness is not affected. So this makes it very difficult for me to decide. It doesn't matter, we can make two versions.
There is another reason. In D3d mode, the image takes up very high memory, and BoD will crash at 1.2G. 8-bit images can reduce memory usage.

The palette is unique to images of 8 bits or less and does not exist in 24/32 bits.
"bpp" means Bits Per Pixels, which is 8bit = 1Byte in the computer.
The 24bpp image is 3 bytes per pixel (R, G, B), each byte can represent a value from 0 to 255, they can be combined into more than 16.7 million (2 to the 24th power) colors, so this Also called true color.
If there is a 256*256 image, the image data size in 24bpp format is 256*256*3=196608bytes (192KB).

The 8bpp image is 1 byte per pixel, so it looks like it is the same as the grayscale image. But it is an indexing method. In the 8-bit bmp format, there is a color palette. It has a maximum of 256 colors, each color occupies 4 bytes (RGBA), and "A" is basically unnecessary. So the fixed size of the palette is 256*4=1024 bytes.
It uses a pixel value (0-255) to index a color in the palette to replace it, making it different from the grayscale image. It has color.
So 256*256 image, its image data size is 256*256+1024=66560bytes (65KB)
As for how the palette is generated, I don't know. This algorithm is definitely complicated and I only know how to use it. This feature in Photoshop is called "Indexed Color".
Yes, It is complex and it quite difficult to understand. Well, thanks for the interesting information, we always learn something else! :)

I know that you will like this image of Chaos Knight, haha! I know that we have a common aesthetic, so that image is for you. :wink:
The armor you made is so handsome! Keep the excellent work.
Hehe :)
Oh, thanks for the gift. Humbly, for example, you make awesome videos! :D
Well, I am still translating "The story of Dal Gurak" into English. I hope you like it too. 8) :mrgreen:

Best wishes. Greetings.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:30 pm

I guess I could send you some textures of the maps that I still have to do. For example, the snowy version of the Kashgar map.
:x :x :x :!:
Sorry, but I have decided to remove the download links that I put, because I have seen that the bastard called Wang Kai, is now publishing new lies on his website (http://www.big-gamer.com) to perfect his fraudulent theater ... His strategy is to steal ALL MY WORK, MAKE BELIEVE TO OTHERS THAT "MBK DOES NOT EXISTS AND THAT THE NICK MBK IS CREATED BY SRYML; THAT SRYML WAS A PIRATE THAT HAS TAKEN THE TEXTURES AND THE HYPERBOREAN MOD (WHAT I HAVE DONE) AND SELLS IT WITH VIRUS IN THE ModDB AND Bauidu WEBS"... BUT IT IS WANG KAI, WHO IS TAKING NOW MY WORK AND THE WORK OF SRYML AND ALSO THE WORK OF PROSPERO; AND SO WANG KAI CAN PUT IT ALL TOGETHER TO SELL IT ON HIS WEBSITE WITH A CYNICAL EXCUSE AS "I AM WANG KAI, HELP ME AGAINST PIRACY, BECAUSE I AM THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF THE *DARK BLADE* GAME AND SRYML-MBK IS A PIRATE THAT HAS TAKEN WHAT I HAVE DONE IN THE *TIAN REN COMPANY*, THAT SELLS IT WITH VIRUSES AND HAS ALSO HUMILED ME IN THE FORUM OF BAIDU."...
I repeat, I remove the links because right now that son of a bitch, is taking our current work and is advertising that "he is making a new version with high definition textures that weigh more than 8 GB"...

And as I describe what I see there, I'm going to write a thousand insults and screams, because it's another shit as I've seen in these 7 years that I was persecuted by satanics...
And it is that I see that he has even taken the work of Mod Gorentity and my textures to advertise "nightmare knight"... and that it says the stupid contradictory lie that: "the game was created by Wang Kai in 2018 , but the Tian Ren company put it free in 2001. " (How the hell???). He also says that: "The piracy that Sryml did in 2003, made the Tian Ren company close without being able to distribute the game because it was free and now Wang Kai has rescued and improved it; and to fight against piracy, help Wang Kai buying his improved game"... But, as far as I know, Sryml started studying BoD's Phyton code in 2012, he told me. How the hell is someone who appeared in 2015 going to hack something in 2003? Piracy occurred in 2001, especially in Spain; and it was a British company that withdrew financial aid to the Rebel Act team; in the same way that it was another great Chinese corporation, who withdrew its economic support to Tian Ren, in 2003; So, with no money to pay bills, companies create and distribute close.

And I clarify this:
It is one thing to take the work of others as it is, change the name of the authors, say that someone else has done it, then sell the game as if it were the property of another while defamatory campaign against the true author of the work is being done. .. The result is: criminal acts, harassment, depression, lies, hatred, economic gains from fraud, piracy. Only the criminal earns, dirty money.
And another thing is, observe the work of others, congratulate the author for his good work, learn together to improve the work and with the idea of ​​the project make new code respecting the authors and thanking them for their help ... the result is: a team synergy that improves everything, making people happy and proud of themselves. We all win, something more valuable than the money needed to live with dignity, we create a good society with ethical values ​​and respect that helps people in their dreams.

In addition, it is obvious that this criminal called "Wang Kai" has supplanted the identity of another person called "Tao Wang". From 2001 to 2003, Tao Wang was Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of the true company, Beijing Tian Ren Interactive Software Technologies Co. Ltd. Here is the real Wang:
http://corp.sohu.com/20100527/n272392046.shtml

And the real Tao Wang, he would not do this:

NEW LIES:

Here, Wang Kai blames others for what he has done.

Here, Wang Kai again blames others for the crimes what he has done. "The world upside down."

Here, the fictional story that that liar was invented, on which he bases all his disgusting theater:

Here, the works he has stolen from us, advertising them as if these were his, and changing the names:

Here, the scammer Wang Kai is advertised as a company, committing the crime of selling something that is not his own authory; putting his data so that people pay him money. He puts his own data on the web, nobody has done anything wrong to harm him personally:
By the way, how the hell could it be that an alleged company called "Tian Ren" has a website called "Big Gamer"? Here you can see another contradiction of the liar. Each true and official company has its own domain with its corporate name.

Here, I see part of the code on the website, because it does strange things on my computer ... it redirects me to sites that then close, skip quick messages, there is some secondary process that slows down the load and is surely trying to send information to Another place ... I'm not sure. It can be seen that there are hidden links and hidden processes, between the layers of the layout.

And here, when I click on the hidden link, it directs me to a strange page that tries to analyze my computer ... It shows me a security message, in which it warns me of a security failure of the "remote desktop" process; which serves to allow another person to connect to the computer and HANDLE EVERYTHING FROM AWAY. IF I ACCEPT THAT, MY COMPUTER WILL BE HACKED REMOTELY. So all I can do is close the web directly. As you can see, it really is Wang Kai, who is trying to hack and rob people.
Remember: One thing is what is shown on the screen, (messages, images); but another thing is what really happens without being able to see, (code running on the computer). For me, that message from a supposed company that monitors how many computers are vulnerable to "remote control", is very suspicious ... This kind of strangers, always "say a good thing with a smile in public and do the opposite with evil in private".
And what would be the logical purpose, which serves Wang Kai as something, to add these hidden links on his website?
Simply, with this example of "remote control" vulnerability analysis: Wang Kai obviously wants to know if the computer that visits his website has such a vulnerability and so he can does something about it. And what he would do, surely he will try to enter the computer to control it remotely.
An example of strange activity is that, when Wang Kai sent me his fraudulent emails with his lies slandering Sryml and I replied: Google warned me that someone unknown tried to enter my gmail account, after several failed attempts to recover the password of my account; since nobody knows my password. And I had to review all my security settings on Google, update all my data and verify my recovery tools so that Google can "protect my account effectively"; (Warn me that a stranger tries to enter).

This is just an obvious example of what this criminal does, who invests reality to his advantage, blamed others for his own crimes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sryml, I send the data in a private message to your email.
Sorry for the obscene language; but I will not share here so that a wretch steals us, insults us, defames us... I'm sick of those shitty people. :evil:
Last edited by MBK_MBK on Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:47 pm

I have received your texture package. In your file, Marakamda map HD looks pretty good. Have you used "Gigapixel AI" for it? :shock:

In fact, I need to shrink your old HD texture to its original size (divided by 4). Then use "Gigapixel AI" to process them. This is probably because you made some obscure textures, and shrinking it can reduce these "mosaic". This is the magic of "Gigapixel AI".
You can't use "AI 4x" directly on 1024 textures, as this will magnify those mosaics. If you have tried it you will understand how it works. :oops:

So, I need to confirm to you, have you enlarged all the textures of "3DChars" and "3DObjs" by 4 times? Because I saw that some of them are 128*128, I know that this may mean that the original resolution is 32*32.
Don't worry, my program has a new parameter "--scale". It can directly scale the image size.

I adjusted your "Snowy Kashgar" to AI 4x. :D :D
Two no fog:
[No Fog 2]

Two foggy:
[Fog 2]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: :!: :!:
Don't think about those irritating things. I have seen many of his similar behaviors last year, and you can't see him from the perspective of a normal person.
I can tell you that the orphan is just a person who is self-directed self-acting in the corner. It is because no one pays attention to him, no one buys his things. So he will promote himself more arrogantly. Our state of anger and anger is exactly what he wants to see.
"Your memory determines what kind of person you will become." Choose to remember good, forget bad, you will be a happy person.
Nothing can affect us, what I want to do, I will do it forever, until the earth is destroyed and the universe disappears. . .

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:32 pm

I have received your texture package. In your file, Marakamda map HD looks pretty good. Have you used "Gigapixel AI" for it? :shock:
Yes, I used Gigapixel and this is the final result. :)
The configuration that I have used in Gigapixel is: Scale = x4. Suppress noise = 90%. Remove blur = 90%. Convert files to = jpg. Imagen quiality = Maximun. Keep color profile = Yes.
It is the best I can do with my computer.

In fact, I need to shrink your old HD texture to its original size (divided by 4). Then use "Gigapixel AI" to process them. This is probably because you made some obscure textures, and shrinking it can reduce these "mosaic". This is the magic of "Gigapixel AI".
You can't use "AI 4x" directly on 1024 textures, as this will magnify those mosaics. If you have tried it you will understand how it works. :oops:
I understand. The same thing happened to me, because the texture was too big, it couldn't get bigger. So I tried to make it small and then enlarge it again; but by making it small, quality was lost; and when enlarging again, after having made it small, the result would be a bit blurry... :( :roll:

Is it possible to directly improve large images (x4) with Photoshop? :?:
I have an old version, Photoshop CS 2, of the year 2007. I need a actual version of Photoshop? :?:

So, I need to confirm to you, have you enlarged all the textures of "3DChars" and "3DObjs" by 4 times? Because I saw that some of them are 128*128, I know that this may mean that the original resolution is 32*32.
Don't worry, my program has a new parameter "--scale". It can directly scale the image size.
Yes, I have increased the size of the textures 4 times. Of all the textures.

I adjusted your "Snowy Kashgar" to AI 4x. :D :D
I like it, it looks coooool :D
Only remains the snow on the floor. I must to finish it yet in some pleces, I forgot this... :mrgreen: 8)

About shadows and highlights, gradient profiles; I see that the Gigapixel program "increases the contrast" between shadows and brightness, to make them look more prominent and detailed. I like the result. But you're right, by changing the size too small and then large, those contrasts I made with Photoshop become inaccurate and appear as strange mosaics. :?
I guess it's better not to make the images small, so they don't lose quality; and improve them with Photoshop. I would just have to do: the Kashgar map, the characters, the weapons and the objects. Everything else, I'm doing well from the normal size version of 2015; correcting some changes that I made later in the appearance of some textures. And the result is acceptable. :)

Greetings.
Last edited by MBK_MBK on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:13 pm

Don't think about those irritating things. I have seen many of his similar behaviors last year, and you can't see him from the perspective of a normal person.
I can tell you that the orphan is just a person who is self-directed self-acting in the corner. It is because no one pays attention to him, no one buys his things. So he will promote himself more arrogantly. Our state of anger and anger is exactly what he wants to see.
"Your memory determines what kind of person you will become." Choose to remember good, forget bad, you will be a happy person.
Nothing can affect us, what I want to do, I will do it forever, until the earth is destroyed and the universe disappears. . .
Thank you very much! Those are the words I needed to return to my balanced center.

Anyway, I needed to express the before... I will rest for a while on this and finish with the matter that was pending in the other publication; to show the messages that criminal sent me. This will mean everything in full, for those who are interested.
The best of the best! I am happy that you also can say that by your own experience, my friend. :D :D :D :wink:

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:37 am

Greetings. :)

I have corrected an important conflict, which occurred when load a game, if the last difficulty chosen was different from the difficulty of the saved game that is loaded. Now the difficulty is always updated on each load, with the Player data; and you can save different games with different difficulties. 8)

For the other options of the Extras menu and the modifications, when changed, the map must be reset to avoid errors. Such options in the Extras menu and the modifications will not be updated in each saved game when loaded. The modifications of the Extras menu will modify all Players in general from the same Extras menu; no matter what game is in progress. So, for example, if you have activated the "Realistic Energy" Mode, this Mode will be activated in all games. For now I will leave it that way; although if there are not too many complications in the stability of the saved games, I may also include more variables in the "Player1 Class" to distinguish different saved games with different Activated Modes. The good thing is that, even with a lot of complexity in the code, the saved games work correctly when loaded... at least on my computer.

Ablaze_Judgement
Hatchling

Postby Ablaze_Judgement » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:01 pm

Is this mod downloadable? :?:

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:29 pm

Is this mod downloadable? :?:
Hello! :)
Yes, of course.
Here is the download link to the Version 1.5.1, traslated to english:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/mod-dificult ... mod-v1-5-1

Sorry, but in this old version there was a several mistakes in the code, that crash the game when loads a saved game.
These mistakes in the code are already corrected (I hope) in the Version 1.6 that I am still developing.
Also, there is two options in the "Extras Menu", that you could use: "No load mode", and "Select Map and Hero".

You can find all the information in the Readme.txt file; and you will also find tips in the "Combat Guide". In addition, I advise to start with the tutorial, where the new combat system is explained.
I wish you enjoy with the hardest difficulty. ;) :mrgreen:

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Hello friends. :)

About the new secrets texts of Hyperborean mod V1.6:
On another occasion, I commented that I would add new secret texts that could be obtained as rewards when completing an Achievement. 8)
I have already finished and translated into English, two documents of the three that will be in total. This means: "New secret texts: are >66% finished". :mrgreen:
It remains to finish and then translate the third document, which is the longest and most complex, because it is all the dialogues of the game that I am adding. If all goes well, I will also add 3 more maps (physical levels or places of action), which will be another alternative ending in which Dal Gurak will win the war. So there will be approximately 20 maps full of dialogues (physical levels or places of action), whose eloquence is medieval style, as it should be. I already have more than 70 pages with dialogues in development...

The new secrets texts are:
- Hierarchy of Gods, created worlds and races of mortals. (5 pages. Finished and translated.) 8)
- The story of Dal Gurak. "Dal Gurak's quest". (Almost 20 pages. Finished and translated.) 8) 8)
(This document can be used as a script to produce even a feature film; as a prequel to the original story. This would be like "a dream come true"...) :D :D :D
- Dialogues, Hyperborean mod V1.6. (More than 70 pages, for now. I estimate that it will be more than 300 pages, when I finish all.) :shock: :lol:
Obviously, the dialogues will take place during the game (only in hyperborean difficulty and with the "Dialogue mode" activated). But I consider it important to gather them all in one document, so the player will can to read them in order as a reward for to talk with many characters.

Well, to make sure the document called The story of Dal Gurak. "Dal Gurak's quest" is well translated into English: I need the help of someone who knows the language very well.
If Prospero or SirRandom could help me, please, I would be very grateful that someone could correct the translation errors in the text that he can find. If possible, reply here and I will send the document in a private message.

Thank you so much for everything.

Other good news: :mrgreen:
I am finishing translating into English the new version of the map (cartography, images that indicate the geography), the continent of Armina. With all the original names and places corrected. And I have also added more important places in history. Now the whole map is complete and more meaningful.
Also, each hero has all their corresponding places indicated on the map. For example, the dwarf will have all the information about where its mines and underground cities are; while the barbarian will know where its villages and steppes are; the knight will know where his bastions are; and the adventurer will know where all the city-states are. Each one of them, will ignore the places that others know.
In "The story of Dal Gurak", each place is oriented with map locations; for example, mentions of "from here, to the north is that place, to the south is that other place"... When you see the map, you could locate each place while reading the story. Therefore, I would have to make several maps (cartography, images that indicate the geography) that show the conflict zones and the significant places, according to each important moment in history; and I think there are many of those... :roll: :lol:
Last edited by MBK_MBK on Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”