Help:About DalGurak's combo

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

mingyue1371
Dragon

Help:About DalGurak's combo

Postby mingyue1371 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:16 am

In the game I found DalGurak's combo was powerful and cool.Such as "red half moon","green ENERGY BALL" ,"Red DISK" and Launched Weapon like the boomerang.
My question is :
Can we enable the player lanch these combos just like DalGurak?
If it is possible,how to modify to achieve this target?
And I knew there was a MOD named "DalsRevenge",in the MOD we can use DalGurak to launch all these combos.But if the char is Knight or Dwarf,how to do it?[:)]
At the same time I found that Vampire's sheild was so special that it can rebound damage to opponent,My question is :
How to duplicate this special features to another sheild like Escodo2?[I knew that in the MOD of "DalsRevenge",Dal's sheid has this features.][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:08 am

All these things are possible.... with some complications.

You can enable <i>any</i> weapon to do the half-moon trail attack The attack that Dal uses is the same as the Ianna sword combo.

E.G. To enable it for the Knight, add this code to Scripts/KgtCombos.py:

Code: Select all

kgt.AllowAttack("GM51_1H","&B","GI_1H","","","DalWeapon")
The other Dal Moves are more involved.

The boomerang throw is possible by modifiying the weapon's data class in Scripts/ItemTypes.py. As it stands, there is a clause that prevents all but Dal doing the throw.

if owner.Kind!="DalGurak": raise AttributeError

If you take out these lines, it will work....

One problem: Only Dal has the 'catch' animation loaded. The throw still works, but the sword goes straight to the hand.

Te Green Wobbly balls and Fire disc wont work unless you add the animations to a characters animation set and define the keystrokes for he combo. Not a simple job.

The vampire shield is easier. After creating any shield, instead of

ItemTypes.ItemDefaultFuncs(o)

o.Data=ItemTypes.VampShield(o) Sparks.MakeShield(o.Name)
That should do it. [8D]

btw. Somethig I found out by accident that may be useful to modders: If you add an aura to a shield, it will never break.

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 am

Thanks Prospero!Now I can throw Dal's weapon like DalGurak!But a new problem appeared,When I throw the weapon,its direction was vertical,not horizontal!
And I had done a lot to made the Knight lanch the "Green Wobbly balls and Fire disc ".What I had done is below:
Copy relative content from Lib/annsets/DgkAnimationSet to the Knight's,and dinfinte appropriate combo to Knight,Then I can lanch the weapon with
act but not trails at all.
With this method I can make correct actions just like Dwf,Amz,Bab,etc...,but failed in Dal's three combos.
Therefore,if this is being asked but if someone have any ideas, please do tell!
Thanks a lot!!!

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Now I can use Dal's weapon to launch Green Wobbly balls attack ,But the defect was that the energy ball's route wan in a line without automatic tracking functions.[:D]
As we all known,when Dal lanch this attack,it just like a automatic tracking missile even the player cicle can not escape the attack.
So how this function can be achieved ?[8D]
All replies appreciate![:p][:D][8D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:16 pm

There is a function in the ball class that sets the target to the selcted enemy. So I think you need to be locked on for the wobbly to seek it's target.

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:14 am

Hi pro and thx,[8D]
If it possible to lauch the dalMace's special combo in the main game?
If so,how to achivce it?

Btw,how to post a image to the forum? When I click the icon "insert image" ,Nothing happened .[img][?][?][/img]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:02 am

Dal's mace is specific to Dal. The code that handles it is all in the Player Dal's data class. You can't use it with other characters without a lot of work.

To post pictures, you need to have them on the web somewhere. Either your own website or an image hosting site. Then you need to paste the URL of the image between tags

(img)......(/img)

The real ones have []s. instead of ()s.

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:52 am

Thx pro [:D],Now I had another question that how to enable the map to had the save fuction?
f.g,I played the map named "heresy2",but to my disapointed that I found it cannt save a slot ,So if killed by badguys,I had to restart again.

Btw. Is it possible to enable the player to launch the Darklord's specil combos? Such as "____ 3 MISSILES FUNCS",when launch this function,three fire balls drop from sky[:0][:0][:0], that would be very splendid[:D]. Just like the player can use Dal's special combos.
If so, what should I do to enable it? Or can it be used by fire Golem ?

Best regards and look forward your reply.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Enabling the save game feature is easy. Just add this code to DefFuncs.py:

import GameText GameText.MapList ['CHAOSKNIGHTMAP'] = 'ChaosKnightMap'
The first name is the exact name of the map folder in UPPERCASE.
The second one as it appears on the folder.

This will also enable the F1 key for the travel book.

But that's just the begining. keeping the save game working as you add code is tricky. You must stick to a rigid method of coding.
When a saved game loads, only DefFuncs.py is executed. So you must have all the functions in the file. For the same reason you must not usethe DefFuncs file to create things (unless it's within a function)or the thing will be duplicated whenever you load a saved game.

As for the DL's three balls attack... You can't use the animation as it is specific to the DL. You would have to find another animaion that a human model could use. Maybe Dal's fire ring throw. It could be done but needs a lot of adaptng.

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Thanks pro[:D]£¬But the code you provide has been in the DefFuncs.py.
Here's the code in the start :

# DefFuncs.py -> fichero de definicion de funciones ... import GameText ... ##################################### ## Habilitar la opcion de salvar if Language.Current == 'Spanish': GameText.MapList['HERESY'] = 'Herejia'; else: GameText.MapList['HERESY'] = 'Heresy'; ##################################### ...........
But when I press Esc to save game,the savegame option was grey,that I cannt highlight it.So I felt very confused...[?]
Btw,I saw your post about using the chaosnight to be a player,Sounds great and awesome[:0]! Look forward to your completion ![:D][:D][:p]
Thx for your reply![8D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:08 am

Hmmmmmm..... Haven't paled Heresy lately. I'm not even sure if I have it anywhere. I'll try and search it out and test the savegame.

It's good map btw. Lots of good ideas in it. [8D]

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:25 am

Hi pro ,you can get this map from bigtruck's site:
http://blade-of-darkness.bigtruck-canad ... heresy.zip

And you can seek some prob on saving/loading .[:D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Thanks Mingyue.[:)]

At a first glance, it could be the case mismatch between the name on the folder and the name in the code.

"Heresy" in DefFuncs

"heresy" on the folder.

Even if this allows saving, it doesn't mean any saves will actually load. I need to test it.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:19 am

Well I got the save working. But for some reason I got a bad crash with the map while fighting the vamps at the start. Critical animation error.

Very weird.[B)]

I'll try again later......

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:36 pm

Many many thanks pro ! You are great and wish you success as soon as possible . l had failed many times in the middle of this map for Its cannot save .

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”