change blood texture

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

sfb
Dragon

change blood texture

Postby sfb » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:28 am

Hey guys,
I having trouble trying to change the blood texture. Is it at all possible using the texture explorer tool or does it require some other software to do so?
cheers

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:56 am

Hi sfb,

The blood texture can be changed by editing BloodPrtl.BMP in Severance\Data\

If you want to change the blood colour, then you need to edit the r,g,b values in the 'Blood' particle definition in InitParticleSystems.py. You will also need to edit the Blood pool code in Blood.py so the pools are the same colour.

sfb
Dragon

Postby sfb » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:42 am

Thanks for the quick response...i'm trying to see what dark messiah blood textures will look like in game...

thanks again mate
cheers

sfb
Dragon

Postby sfb » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:54 am

I haven't had much luck with this. I've altered the blood spray colour and texture so that it looks a little more realistic...but i really want to change the blood pool texture. Am i correct in assuming that it is scripted and can't be changed simply by altering the texture?

cheers
sfb

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Yes, the blood pools are created internally and can't be edited, but you could create your own function to make pools the way you want and then change the "BloodPrtlHit" func to call your func instead of the internal one.

sfb
Dragon

Postby sfb » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Ahh i was afraid of that...i'll see what i can do but i think it might be too hard for this amateur..

Anyway thanks for the heads up Sir Random..

cheers
sfb

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”