Assign attacks

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Guys, I'm testing an enemy as a playable character, but a strange error happens, when I do an attack, they are show very slowly.

How can I fix this? [:(]

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:23 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by IrateGiant</i>

Guys, I'm testing an enemy as a playable character, but a strange error happens, when I do an attack, they are show very slowly.

How can I fix this? [:(]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Try changing the attack anim speeds in AnmFact.py

If you want to use the same char as an enemy, you should make copies of the anims and use them for the player character.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:49 am

Yeah, this sometimes happens if you add anims from another character animation set. If you create a character in the same map that uses the anim in his own set, it will run at the right speed. If not you have to define the speed implicitly as SR says.

Some anims will naturally run in the correct speed and don't need it setting. Most if not all the attacks run slow if the speed isn't set.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:45 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by IrateGiant</i>

<font color="white">Hello IrateGiant. [:)]
<font color="yellow"><b>If serves you, I will put here the files needed to be modified, to duplicate the animations.</b></font id="yellow">

<b><font color="limegreen"># FILES TO MODIFY, TO DUPLICATE ANIMATIONS And add them to another character:</font id="limegreen">
<font color="red">###########################################################
</font id="red">
EXAMPLE: ---></b> CONVERT "<font color="orange">Amz_g_katar31.BMV</font id="orange">" TO "<font color="orange">Kgt_g_katar31</font id="orange">". ADD ANIMATION TO KNIGHT.

<font color="limegreen"><b># MUST RESPECT THE PREFIX NAME AS THE CHARACTER.</b></font id="limegreen">
<font color="limegreen"><b># </b><font color="orange"><i>Xxx = Amz / Kgt / Bar / DWF / Ork / Org</i></font id="orange"> <b>...</b></font id="limegreen">
<b><font color="limegreen"># In this case, modify as well:</font id="limegreen"></b> <i><font color="orange">Xxx = Kgt</font id="orange"></i><hr noshade size="1">
<font color="red"><b>###########################################################
</font id="red"></b>

Code: Select all

<font color="orange"><i>.../Lib/AnmSets/XxxAnimationSet.py ---></i></font id="orange"> <font color="limegreen"># COPY <font color="yellow">Bladex.AddAnm</font id="yellow"> PARAMETERS OF THE ORIGINAL FOR WORK PROPERLY.</font id="limegreen"> anm_name="<font color="yellow">Kgt_g_katar31</font id="yellow">" Bladex.LoadSampledAnimation("<font color="yellow">..\\..\\Anm\\Amz_g_katar31.BMV</font id="yellow">","<font color="yellow">Kgt_g_katar31</font id="yellow">",0) Bladex.AddAnmRStep(anm_name,0) Bladex.AddAnmLStep(anm_name,0) Bladex.AddAnmRRelease(anm_name,0.007) Bladex.AddAnmRStep(anm_name,0.201) Bladex.AddAnmRRelease(anm_name,0.740) Bladex.AddAnmRStep(anm_name,0.928) <font color="orange"><i>.../Scripts/Biped/XxxBact.py ---></i></font id="orange"><font color="limegreen"> # COPY <font color="yellow">Bladex.AddBipedAction</font id="yellow"> PARAMETERS OF THE ORIGINAL.</font id="limegreen"> Bladex.AddBipedAction("<font color="yellow">Kgt</font id="yellow">","<font color="yellow">g_katar31</font id="yellow">","<font color="yellow">Kgt_g_katar31</font id="yellow">",0.0,1.0,0)<font color="limegreen">#</font id="limegreen"> <font color="orange"><i>.../Scripts/anm_def.py ---></i></font id="orange"> <font color="limegreen"># COPY <font color="yellow">Bladex.AddAnmEvent</font id="yellow"> OF THE ORIGINAL PARAMETERS.</font id="limegreen"> Bladex.AddAnmEvent("<font color="yellow">Kgt_g_katar31</font id="yellow">","HitInitialItp",0.183) Bladex.AddAnmEvent("Kgt_g_katar31","HitFinalItp",0.910) Bladex.AddAnmEvent("Kgt_g_katar31","Start_Weapon",0.405) Bladex.AddAnmEvent("Kgt_g_katar31","Stop_Weapon",0.911) <font color="orange"><i>.../Scripts/anm_def_FX.py ---></i></font id="orange"> <font color="limegreen"># MUST MATCH THE NAME OF THE EFFECT WITH THE HERO. DOES NOT WORK FOR ENEMIES.</font id="limegreen"> Bladex.AddAnmEvent("<font color="yellow">Kgt_g_katar31</font id="yellow">","<font color="yellow">Kgt_g_27kata_new_1</font id="yellow">",0.1000)<font color="limegreen">#</font id="limegreen"> Bladex.AddAnmEvent("Kgt_g_katar31","Kgt_g_27kata_new_1",0.3500)<font color="limegreen">#</font id="limegreen"> Bladex.AddAnmEvent("Kgt_g_katar31","Kgt_g_27kata_new_1",0.5000)<font color="limegreen">#</font id="limegreen"> <font color="orange"><i>.../Scripts/AniSoundXxx.py ---></i></font id="orange"> NetSounds.AddAnimSound(per,'<font color="yellow">Kgt_g_katar31</font id="yellow">', SesgadoCortoGrave, 0.2)<font color="limegreen">#</font id="limegreen"> NetSounds.AddAnimSound(per,'Kgt_g_katar31', SesgadoLargoGrave, 0.3)<font color="limegreen">#</font id="limegreen"> NetSounds.AddAnimSound(per,'Kgt_g_katar31', SesgadoEspecialLargo2, 0.5)<font color="limegreen">#</font id="limegreen"> NetSounds.AddAnimSound(per,'Kgt_g_katar31', EsfuerzoCorto3Barb, 0.2)<font color="limegreen">#</font id="limegreen"> NetSounds.AddAnimSound(per,'Kgt_g_katar31', EsfuerzoCorto2Barb, 0.3)<font color="limegreen">#</font id="limegreen"> NetSounds.AddAnimSound(per,'Kgt_g_katar31', EsfuerzoGolpeAtrasBarb, 0.5)<font color="limegreen">#</font id="limegreen"> <font color="orange"><i>.../Scripts/Combos/XxxCombos.py ---></i></font id="orange"> Bladex.SetActionEventTable("<font color="yellow">Knight</font id="yellow">","<font color="yellow">g_katar31</font id="yellow">","ATTACKING")<font color="limegreen">#</font id="limegreen"> Bladex.SetAnimationFactor("<font color="yellow">Kgt_g_katar31</font id="yellow">",5.0)<font color="limegreen"># COPY OF <font color="orange">...Lib/AnmFact.py</font id="orange"> AND CHANGE SPEED PARAMETER.</font id="limegreen"> kgt.AddAttack("<font color="yellow">KGT1H_A1</font id="yellow">","<font color="yellow">Kgt_g_katar31</font id="yellow">")<font color="limegreen"><b>#</b></font id="limegreen"> kgt.AllowAttack("<font color="yellow">KGT1H_A1</font id="yellow">","A","<font color="yellow">GM1_1H</font id="yellow">","","","1H")<font color="limegreen"># FROM GENERIC UP</font id="limegreen"> <font color="orange"><i>.../Lib/Damage.py ---></i></font id="orange"> AnimationData['<font color="yellow">Kgt_g_katar31</font id="yellow">']= 5.0<font color="limegreen"># DAMAGE MULTIPLIED BY 5.</font id="limegreen"> <font color="red"><b>###########################################################</b></font id="red">
</font id="white">

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Irate, con esto puedes asignar cualquier animación a cualquier personaje. Pero sólo funcionará correctamente según los nodos del modelo 3D. Una animación del Minotauro sólo va bien para el Minotauro, las animaciones de los modelos 3D "humanos" van bien entre sí. [:)]

De hecho estoy terminando de añadir combos a algunos enemigos, que usen un arma en cada mano. Por ejemplo, un caballero del caos con dos espadones, uno en cada mano, queda brutal! [:p]
<hr noshade size="1">
Irate, with this you can assign any animation to any character. But will only work properly according to the nodes of the 3D model. An animation of the Minotaur is only good for the Minotaur, the animations of 3D models "humans" go well together. [:)]

I'm actually finishing combos add some enemies, using a weapon in each hand. For example, a knight of chaos with two swords, one in each hand, it´s brutal! [:p]

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi guys!! I've been busy these days. [:)]

SR, the speed are now fixed. The definition of the character was not correct. (rgn) [:I]

Pro, I´m testing all characters with the same map structure and files. I'm trying to create the simplest method to create the playable characters. [:D]

MBK, Thank you very much for your clarifications. Step by step, I understood the method of animation [:)], but still can not get it perfect. [:(]

Guys, I still having a problem with a attack sequence. Dodge attacks are not displayed correctly. The player character first do the dodge animations and after launch the attack but not continuous.

Can anyone test the animation and check the error?

http://www.gigasize.com/get/s6q2z2qtj1d

Thanks! [:)]

P.D. Amazing idea MBK! ChaosKnight with two swords! [:0] Really Unstoppable! [:D][:p]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:01 pm

P.D. Amazing idea MBK! ChaosKnight with two swords! [:0] Really Unstoppable! [:D][:p]
<font color="white">
Jajaja! ¡No véah Irate, la leshe! [:D][8D]
Mira esto, seguro que te sirve para algo: [;)]

<font color="limegreen"><b>EQUIPAR DOS ARMAS 1H A LA VEZ, A LOS ENEMIGOS:</b></font id="limegreen">

<font color="red"> #######################################################################</font id="red">

<b><font color="orange">AÑADIR ESTO EN </font id="orange">---> <font color="yellow">.../Lib/Actions.py</font id="yellow"></b>

<font color="yellow"><b>def </b></font id="yellow"><font color="orange">TakeObjectLeft</font id="orange">(EntityName,Object2TakeName):# me=Bladex.GetEntity(EntityName)# inv=me.GetInventory()# object_flag=Reference.GiveObjectFlag(Object2TakeName)# flag=Reference.GiveWeaponFlag(Object2TakeName)# inv.AddWeapon(Object2TakeName,flag)# inv.LinkLeftHand(Object2TakeName)#
<font color="red"> #######################################################################</font id="red">

<b><font color="orange">AÑADIR ESTO EN </font id="orange">---> <font color="yellow">.../Maps/.../Enemigos.py</font id="yellow"></b>

<b><font color="limegreen"> # ENEMY1. EJEMPLO DE ENEMIGO CON DOS ARMAS 1H A LA VEZ.</font id="limegreen"></b>

o=Bladex.CreateEntity("enemy1weapon1","Espadon",0,0,0,"Weapon") ItemTypes.ItemDefaultFuncs(o) o=Bladex.CreateEntity("<font color="orange">enemy1weapon2</font id="orange">","Espadon",0,0,0,"Weapon") ItemTypes.ItemDefaultFuncs(o) pers=Bladex.CreateEntity("enemy1","ChaosKnight",0, 0, 0,"Person") pers.Angle=0.0 pers.Level=19# Actions.TakeObject(pers.Name,"enemy1weapon1") Actions.<font color="orange">TakeObjectLeft</font id="orange">(pers.Name,"<font color="orange">enemy1weapon2</font id="orange">")<font color="limegreen"><b># <--- El arma 1H se equipa en la mano izq!</b></font id="limegreen"> pers.SetOnFloor() EnemyTypes.EnemyDefaultFuncs(pers)

<font color="yellow"><b>Ahora sólo falta duplicar y asignar las animaciones *katar*, para usar la mano izquierda.</b></font id="yellow"> [:D][8D]

Ejemplos: [:p]

http://imageshack.us/f/692/chaosknight2.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/546/chaosknight1.jpg/
<hr noshade size="1">
Look this!

<font color="limegreen"><b>TWO 1H WEAPONS, FOR THE ENEMY:</b></font id="limegreen">

<b><font color="orange">ADD THIS IN </font id="orange">---> <font color="yellow">.../Lib/Actions.py</font id="yellow"></b>

<font color="yellow"><b>def </b></font id="yellow"><font color="orange">TakeObjectLeft</font id="orange">(EntityName,Object2TakeName):# me=Bladex.GetEntity(EntityName)# inv=me.GetInventory()# object_flag=Reference.GiveObjectFlag(Object2TakeName)# flag=Reference.GiveWeaponFlag(Object2TakeName)# inv.AddWeapon(Object2TakeName,flag)# inv.LinkLeftHand(Object2TakeName)#

<b><font color="orange">ADD THIS IN </font id="orange">---> <font color="yellow">.../Maps/.../Enemigos.py</font id="yellow"></b>

<b><font color="limegreen"> # ENEMY1. EXAMPLE OF AN ENEMY, WITH TWO 1H WEAPONS.</font id="limegreen"></b>

o=Bladex.CreateEntity("enemy1weapon1","Espadon",0,0,0,"Weapon") ItemTypes.ItemDefaultFuncs(o) o=Bladex.CreateEntity("<font color="orange">enemy1weapon2</font id="orange">","Espadon",0,0,0,"Weapon") ItemTypes.ItemDefaultFuncs(o) pers=Bladex.CreateEntity("enemy1","ChaosKnight",0, 0, 0,"Person") pers.Angle=0.0 pers.Level=19# Actions.TakeObject(pers.Name,"enemy1weapon1") Actions.<font color="orange">TakeObjectLeft</font id="orange">(pers.Name,"<font color="orange">enemy1weapon2</font id="orange">")<font color="limegreen"><b># <--- The 1H weapon is equipped in left hand!</b></font id="limegreen"> pers.SetOnFloor() EnemyTypes.EnemyDefaultFuncs(pers)

<font color="yellow"><b>Now we just need to duplicate and assign animations * katar * to use the left hand.</b></font id="yellow"> [:D][8D]

Examples: [:p]

http://imageshack.us/f/692/chaosknight2.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/546/chaosknight1.jpg/

</font id="white">

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:31 pm

<font color="white">Irate, por cierto, ¿estás haciendo que los enemigos sean personajes jugables? [:o]

Uno de mis sueños/ideas para futuras versiones de mi mod, es hacer una arena donde se pueda jugar con todos los enemigos. Con el genial mod Gladiator de Prospero, parte del trabajo está hecho. [:p]
Otro de mis sueños/ideas, es un modo cooperativo para 2 o más jugadores, en la historia del juego. [:p]

Supongo que son proyectos muy complicados y que llevan mucho trabajo... en fin. [:)]
<hr noshade size="1">
Irate, by the way, are you making the enemies are playable? [:o]

One of my dreams / ideas for future versions of my mod is to make an arena where you can play with all enemies. With the cool Gladiator mod by Prospero, part of the work is done. [:p]
Another of my dreams / ideas, is a cooperative mode for 2 or more players in the history of the game. [:p]

I guess these projects are very complicated and take much work ... in end. [:)]
</font id="white">

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:23 pm

I didn't do the Gladiator mod. That was the great Josh Dalby. [8D]

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:11 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by prospero</i>

I didn't do the Gladiator mod. That was the great Josh Dalby. [8D]
Ups! I was mistaken, [:I] Ok, sorry Sir Josh D. [:D]

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi MBK! [:D] Yes!, I'm working on a "BeastMode", where players can choose the enemies from the original game, using them in battle arenas against the 4 heroes. [:P] They will have their original combos and specific weapons. [:D]

At this moment I need to fix many aspects to finish the mod but no problem. [:)]

Many thanks for this code bro! Maybe I can iimplement them to my mod to play with enemies variations! [:P]

Your idea for a coop mode is amazing MBK, the expercience would be really amazing!! [:O] Maybe you can create a Topic and with luck all members work on this idea! [:D][8D]

Greetings!!

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi MBK! [:D] Yes!, I'm working on a "BeastMode", where players can choose the enemies from the original game, using them in battle arenas against the 4 heroes. [:P] They will have their original combos and specific weapons. [:D]

At this moment I need to fix many aspects to finish the mod but no problem. [:)]

Many thanks for this code bro! Maybe I can iimplement them to my mod to play with enemies variations! [:P]

Your idea for a coop mode is amazing MBK, the expercience would be really amazing!! [:O] Maybe you can create a Topic and with luck all members work on this idea! [:D][8D]

Greetings!!

<font color="white">¡Hola compadre! [:D]
¡Qué guay, tio, modo Bestia! Jajaja Eres un máquina! [;)]
¡Ole ahí! Para cualquier cosa en que pueda serte de ayuda, avísame. [:)]

Precisamente, pensaba crear un tema con la idea del modo cooperativo. [:)]

Pero el juego original me aburre, para mí es demasiado fácil, frustrante y no hay apenas enemigos para dos jugadores. [|)]
Por eso estoy deseando terminar mi mod experto, para que sea una versión actualizada del original y todos lo tengáis como base. [8D]

También me llama la atención que el juego se pone muy lento en red. Mi mod funciona correctamente en deathmach, pero el juego va suúper leeeeento... [|)][:(][xx(]
Es imposible jugar bien en red Lan, pero claro, mi ordenador es en pentium4, con 3GB de Ram, y uso WinXP SP3. No sé si en Win7 o Vista os va bien.
De todas formas, viendo el gran trabajo de Sir Random y demás amigos, en el mod multijugador con el motor de Doom3, prefiero que sea así. Si mi mod Experto os da ideas y se pueden añadir al mod multijugador con el motor de Doom3, tanto mejor. [:)]

¡Gracias y saludos! [:)] </font id="white">
<hr noshade size="1">
Hello my friend! [:D]
How cool, man, beast mode! Hahaha You're a machine! [;)]
For anything that might be of help, let me know.

Precisely planned to create a topic with the idea of co-op. [:)]

But the original game bores me, for me it is too easy, frustrating and there's little enemies for two players. [|)]
So I'm hoping to end my mod expert, to be an updated version of the original and all regard him as a base. [8D]

It also caught my attention that the game gets very slow network. My mod works correctly in deathmach, but the game goes very low... [|)] [:(] [xx(]
It is impossible to play well in Lan network, but of course, my computer is pentium4, with 3GB of Ram, and use WinXP SP3. I don´t not know if with Win7 or Vista goes well.
Anyway, seeing the great work of Sir Random and other friends, in the multiplayer mod Doom3 engine, I prefer it that way. If my expert mod gives you ideas and can be added to multiplayer mod Doom3 engine, the better. [:)]

Thanks and greetings! [:)]

IrateGiant
Dragon

Re: Assign attacks

Postby IrateGiant » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:20 am

Hi again guys! :D

I´ve been busy all this time but I´m back again for bodding! :mrgreen:

A few days ago I returned to continue with the "BeastMode Mod". This only a example of Playable Enemies Test Menu. :D

http://www.subirimagenes.com/otros-bmra ... 11938.html

Greetings for everyone! :mrgreen:
Escúchame hijo y aprende el saber...

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:20 pm

¡Ostia Irate, está genial! :D jajaja

Espero que esto te sea ayuda en algo..., son ejemplos.
De todas formas, mándame los archivos en formato .rar a mi correo y lo miramos. ;)

[email protected]

Este es un ejemplo del archivo .../Maps/Ruins_M4/pj.py

import AniSound
import Reference
import Basic_Funcs
import Breakings
import ItemTypes

def CreateMainChar(): char=Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1","Amazon_N",0,0,0,"Person") char.Position=69600,-6950,14000 char.Angle=3.14159/2.0 char.SendTriggerSectorMsgs=1 char.Data=Basic_Funcs.PlayerPerson(char) def CreateInventory(): char=Bladex.GetEntity("Player1") wo=Bladex.CreateEntity("WeaponInvPrb1","Bo",0,0,0,"Weapon") inv=char.GetInventory() flag=Reference.GiveWeaponFlag("WeaponInvPrb1") inv.AddWeapon("WeaponInvPrb1", flag) inv.LinkBack("WeaponInvPrb1") ItemTypes.ItemDefaultFuncs(wo) def InitLevel(): CreateMainChar() CreateInventory() InitLevel()

Este es un ejemplo del archivo .../Maps/Dwarf_M3/pj.py

import AniSound
import Reference
import Basic_Funcs
import Sparks
import Breakings
import ItemTypes# MBEASTKING

###### Player1:Dwarf ######
char=Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1","Dwarf_N",0,0,0,"Person")
char.Angle=0.0
char.Position= 78000,3000,-136000
char.Data=Basic_Funcs.PlayerPerson(char)
inv=char.GetInventory()
AniSound.AsignarSonidosEnano('Player1')

####### Shield:Escudo2 #######
o=Bladex.CreateEntity("EscudoInvPrb2","Escudo5",0,0,0)
ItemTypes.ItemDefaultFuncs(o)
Sparks.MakeShield("EscudoInvPrb2")
#inv.AddShield("EscudoInvPrb2")
inv.LinkLeftHand("EscudoInvPrb2")
Breakings.SetBreakableWS("EscudoInvPrb2")

####### Weapon:Garrote #######
o=Bladex.CreateEntity("WeaponInvPrb1","Garrote",0,0,0,"Weapon")
#inv.AddWeapon("WeaponInvPrb1")
inv.LinkRightHand("WeaponInvPrb1")
Breakings.SetBreakableWS("WeaponInvPrb1")

Este es un ejemplo de un enemigo, no jugable:

## ORCO EN LABERINTO, CERCA DE ARCO Y FLECHAS
#PEPOTE11
o=Bladex.CreateEntity("pepoarma11","Hacha5",0,0,0,"Weapon")
o=Bladex.CreateEntity("pepoescudo11","Escudo2",0,0,0,"Weapon")
o=Bladex.CreateEntity("pepopote11","Saquito",0,0,0)
o.Static=0
o.Solid=1
o.Scale=1.0
pocimac.CreatePotion("pepopote11")
pers=Bladex.CreateEntity("pepote11","Ork",45000.0,900.0,60000.0,"Person")
pers.Angle=0.0
pers.Level=6
Actions.TakeObject(pers.Name,"pepoarma11")
Actions.TakeObject(pers.Name,"pepoescudo11")
Actions.TakeObject(pers.Name,"pepopote11")
pers.SetOnFloor()
EnemyTypes.EnemyDefaultFuncs(pers)

Web site of Hyperborean mod:
https://sites.google.com/view/bodhyperboreanmodbymbk

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Te e enviado los archivos MBK! Comprobaré el código que as posteado! Gracias! :D :wink:
Escúchame hijo y aprende el saber...

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”