Assign attacks

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Many thanks Tomash & pro, but I´m having problems with "Player 1 Duplicate" using this methods. I write another method that I implement into my "pj.py" but I need fix the player asignation: (I don´t know how to do this) [xx(]

Code: Select all

PlayerKind = "Dwarf_N" char=Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1", PlayerKind ,0, -1118, 0,"Person") char.Angle=1.5 char.Level=1 AniSound.AsignarSonidosEnano('Player1') char.Data=Basic_Funcs.PlayerPerson(char) char.Data.ResetSounds("Player1") char.SetOnFloor() def selectpalan(): if char.Kind=="Palan": Abredoor1 GotoMapVars.EndOfLevel() Bladex.LoadLevel("Barb_M1") #char=Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1","Knight_N,-83243,8785,-127941,"Person") elif char.Kind=="Palan2": Abredoor2 GotoMapVars.EndOfLevel() Bladex.LoadLevel("Barb_M1") #char=Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1","Amazon_N,-83243,8785,-127941,"Person") char.SendTriggerSectorMsgs=1
Honestly, I don´t have many knowledge coding, it´s possible this code don´t be correct. I write this code without any errors but I don´t know how to do the player change. [:I] Any suggestion?

When I fix this little error, I try to implement all your tips to new maps guys. [:)] Thanks!

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi IG,

I'm not sure where you put that code, but if you are moving directly from Map1 to Map2, then the 'pj.py' of Map2 is NOT executed (because the Player already exists).

GoToMapVars stores all the vars needed for the new map (Player Kind, Level, Inventory, Health, etc). There is no need to re-create the Player.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:59 am

As SR says.....[:D]

If the next map doesn't use the same Player, then you omit the GoToMapVars bit and simply Bladex.LoadLevel("NextmapName").

One thing. You may have noticed while playing the main game and then loading a custom map <i>without exiting the game completely</i>, that you get the Player from the main game in the custom map and not the one you were expecting. Complete with level/inventory.[:p]

There is some code that needs to go in cfg.py that clears the Player info.

import MemPersistence try: Bladex.DeleteStringValue("MainChar") props=MemPersistence.Get("MainChar") if props: props[2]["Objects"] = [] props[2]["Weapons"] = [] props[2]["Shields"] = [] props[2]["Quivers"] = [] props[2]["Keys"] = [] props[2]["SpecialKeys"] = [] props[2]["Tablets"] = [] props[2]["InvLeft"] = None props[2]["InvLeft2"] = None props[2]["InvRight"] = None props[2]["InvRightBack"] = None props[2]["InvLeftBack"] = None print"Old info scrubbed out" except: print"Don't like this code"
If you want to do a sort of tag-team sequence, where you change Players but keep the same level/inventory then I think you would need to make a custom version of GoToMapvars.

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:29 pm

I tried to delete the "pj.py" files of my test maps (placed in the same mod folder), but I think I need to edit my own "GotoMapVars.py" for the mod.

I'm trying to create a method to select different characters on the same map, pressing the lever of a character or another one.

For example, I select "Ork lever" and Load ("TestMap") playing with "Ork", or select "Golem lever" and play with "Golem".

First I try to implement this method. Then I would try a menu to choose different maps after selecting a character [:)].

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:20 pm

You don't have to delete any pj.py files, Blade will only use the pj.py if there is no "Player" defined.

In your testmap, the "Player" is already defined as a Dwarf, so the Dwarf will go to any map you choose.
To get around this, try removing the "Player" before loading the new map:

char=Bladex.GetEntity("Player1")
char.Freeze()
char.RemoveFromWorld()
Bladex.LoadLevel("NEXTMAP")

That might work....

EDIT\
You will need to store the player.Kind in a text file that can be read by your new map's pj.py, so it knows what Kind of character to create.

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Ok, I tried to use the method to remove the player after loading the new map. I placed the code in the "pj.py" of the new map, but the original player of my map is not loaded. Maybe I not put the code in correct file. It´s placed in cfg.py

I edit the pj.py of new map writing only the "playerposition=" and "playerangle=" because if I put "char=Bladex.CreateEntity" appear the message "player1 duplicated". But if I not put this last code, the new map it´s loaded without a player character. [xx(]

How can I make a reference of the before map into the new map? [:(]

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:18 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by IrateGiant</i>

Ok, I tried to use the method to remove the player after loading the new map.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You must remove the player BEFORE loading the new map. You should put the code in the function that sends you to the new map (activated by the lever)

Wherever you have:

<font color="green">Bladex.LoadLevel("NEXTMAP")</font id="green">

Add these lines before it:

char=Bladex.GetEntity("Player1")
char.Freeze()
char.RemoveFromWorld()
<font color="green">Bladex.LoadLevel("NEXTMAP")</font id="green">

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Thanks SR! It works! [;)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:54 am

IG.

You could use a .cfg file like the method used in the menu file:

call this function after you select the next Player and close the map:

PlayerType = "Dwarf_N" # set his var using your next Player selection method def SaveConfiguration(): cfgfile = open("../../Config/ThinkOfAName.cfg", "w") cfgfile.write('PlayerType = "' + str(PlayerType) + '"\n') cfgfile.close()

Then in the follow-on map pj.py:

PlayerType="Knight_N" try: execfile("../../Config/ThinkOfAName.cfg") except: pass char = Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1",PlayerType,....etc

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:50 pm

It don´t work guys, I placed the code correctly but continues giving character duplication.

I'm trying to implement code like this from "Wizard Domain":

<font color="green"> LeverName="" try: execfile("../../Config/BM.cfg") except: pass char=Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1","Dwarf_N",-3841, -1069, -11508, "Person") standin.Angle=0.0 if Lever.Kind=="Palan": char.Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1","Ork",-3841, -1069, -11508, "Person") standin.Angle=0.0 elif Lever.Kind=="Palan2": char.Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1","Vamp",-3841, -1069, -11508, "Person") standin.Angle=0.0 </font id="green">
I know many code is incorrect but really I don´t have idea how to adapt them. I´m trying to extract code from other maps and mods.

I want to load differents characters in many maps. Explanation:

Push Lever1 --> Load NewMap1 playing with Ork.
Push Lever2 --> Load NewMap2 playing with Ork.

Push Lever3 --> Load NewMap3 playing with Vamp.
Push Lever4 --> Load NewMap4 playing with Vamp.

etc...

Any idea guys? [:(]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:38 pm

IG.

Why are you trying to create two Player1s?

Forget the levers. You only need them to set the player type in the next map. Make each lever call the relevant function below:

PlayerType="Ork" def SaveConfiguration(): cfgfile = open("../../Config/ThinkOfAName.cfg", "w") cfgfile.write('PlayerType = "' + str(PlayerType) + '"\n') cfgfile.close() def Lever1(): PlayerType="Ork" SaveConfiguration() Bladex.LoadLevel("NewMap1") def Lever2(): PlayerType="Ork" SaveConfiguration() Bladex.LoadLevel("NewMap2") def Lever3(): PlayerType="Vamp" SaveConfiguration() Bladex.LoadLevel("NewMap3") def Lever4(): PlayerType="Vamp" SaveConfiguration() Bladex.LoadLevel("NewMap4")

Then in the pj.py files in the 4 next maps:

PlayerType="Knight_N" try: execfile("../../Config/ThinkOfAName.cfg") except: pass char = Bladex.CreateEntity("Player1",PlayerType,....etc

The var PlayerType is declared as Knight_N as a failsafe. When the .cfg file is exec'd it will be updated to the race you picked by operating the lever in the previous map.

There are a few refinements you can put in such as delaying the LoadLevel command to do a slow fade out. Also you could save the Players current Life/Level and even invetory items in the cfg file and reinstate them in the next map.

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:29 pm

OK guys, the mod is ready, but the failure still persists in the character transition.

Pro, I don´t try to create two Player1s. This the method that I try to implement:

"Init the Mod --> You play as Dwarf(Player1) --> Dwarf select a lever --> Player1(Dwarf) is erased --> (NewMap) is loaded and you play as Ork."

I see this problem are solved with the main game maps (Barb_M1, Tomb_M7, Volcano_M14, etc), also work this method with "Arena7" map, but I don´t know why. Maybe here the solution? [?]

I need to do a custom GotoMapVars.py, i´ll test how to do this.

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:21 am

Hi IG,

What happens when the NewMap is loaded? Does it have a pj.py to create Player1 as an Ork??

IrateGiant
Dragon

Postby IrateGiant » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi SR!

I don´t have added right now any "change-player" method in my mod. I have as "TESTMAP" the original "StartMap" made by pro.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">What happens when the NewMap is loaded?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
When "StarMap" is loaded (from MainModLevel), game show the message "Player 1 duplicated". My problem is that the original character aren´t erase. The only way to play with this method is erasing the "pj.py" from "StartMap".

I tried with this method but not work.

<font color="green">char=Bladex.GetEntity("Player1")
char.Freeze()
char.RemoveFromWorld()
Bladex.LoadLevel("NEXTMAP")</font id="green">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Does it have a pj.py to create Player1 as an Ork??<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
The mod contain the followings files: InitNewChars.py, Installnewstuff.py, Cfg.py, ActorsInit.py, BLModInit.py, objs.py, DefFuncs.py, Palanca.py, pj.py & BeastModeMenu.py

Maybe I placed wrong the funtion to correct transition.[?]

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:45 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by IrateGiant</i>

The mod contain the followings files: InitNewChars.py, Installnewstuff.py, Cfg.py, ActorsInit.py, BLModInit.py, objs.py, DefFuncs.py, Palanca.py, pj.py & BeastModeMenu.py

Maybe I placed wrong the funtion to correct transition.[?]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
What's in the Cfg.py of StartMap?

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”