looking for enhancements, no new content or power

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

wired
Hatchling

looking for enhancements, no new content or power

Postby wired » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm just at the beginning of my first game experience of Severance BoD and I wonder if there are some enhancements like new textures or stuff like that. I didn't find any...

I want the original single player gaming experience, so I don't want new maps, Weapons or something like that.

Is there a way to increase the mouse sensitivity/speed above 10?

Thanks for your Help.

Argoon
Dragon

Postby Argoon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:57 pm

Afaik there's no new textures for the original single player game but for the mods there's some, and i recommend that after you finish the game you install BODLoader to play some of the fantastic single player stories made by Prospero and others, they are really of fantastic quality and imo even better then the original game, there's also the Gladiator addon that has you fighting in the arenas against increasing numbers of enemies.

wired
Hatchling

Postby wired » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:17 am

Thanks for your recommendations.

Now I have another question: how can I change the key binding? I want to remove "A" and "D", how does this work? I also want to change "block" from STRG to RMB but every time I start to change "block" the massage "RMB is already used" appears. How can I solve this?

And, by the way, can you tell me what's about the crates or boxes, which are named and can be selected but not opened neither destroyed?

Argoon
Dragon

Postby Argoon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:33 pm

The only way i know how to change key bindings is using the menu options but i never changed from the default ones when i played thou, about the already in use message, it exists because you can't assign two actions to the same key, so just go to the key bindings menu and see if RMB is being used by some other action if so use the delete key to free the slot and change it to some other key, then you will be able to use RMB on another action.

About the crates i don't play the game for so long that i don't really know, but RebelAct the BOD makers where working on the game for so long that to release it faster they decide to cut some functionality out, maybe does crates were one of them.

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Crates can be flammable objects (as in the Knight's first mission, Tabriz), so that's probably why they are 'selectable'. I think the Tabriz crate is the only one that burns in the whole game.

wired
Hatchling

Postby wired » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:33 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Argoon</i>

use the delete key to free the slot and change it to some other key<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ha, I just wondered how to delete but now I know: <del>. And it is already written in a very small yellow font. *embarrassing*

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sir Random</i>

Crates can be flammable objects (as in the Knight's first mission, Tabriz), so that's probably why they are 'selectable'.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No, the one I mean are named and selectable but not movable nor flammable. I think, they are only climbable.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”