console log

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

cieply
Dragon

console log

Postby cieply » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:19 pm

is there any way to dump console to a file from command line not by selecting text and copying?

i have started some changes in Lib/Widgets/ScorerWidgets.py and game crashes, unfortunately console disappears as well so I don't know whats is happening and cannot solve it, it would be doable only if console was immediately written to a file but don't know how to do it.

``blade.exe -console'' is not a solution as I said above
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: console log

Postby prospero » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Try This:

http://www.petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuf ... utfile.zip

c/p the enclosed ConsoleOutput.py file to the Lib folder to replace the existing file.

While the Debug mode is enabled this file will save the console readout to a Debug.txt file of the map you are playing to the map's folder.

Very useful. :D But don't forget to delete the debug files now and then as they get bigger and bigger. :P

If you get a total bail-out in the game then mostly it will not show any fault in the console. These CTDs are mostly triggered by graphic errors and
need a bit of detective work to track them down.

cieply
Dragon

Re: console log

Postby cieply » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:14 pm

ConsoleOutpt.py worked but console.log haven't helped much...

--- console.log ---
Executed sys_init.py
Executed PickInit.Init()
Done Trails.Init()
Creating tables for the bipeds...
tables created (0.578000068665 seconds)
Loading the Spider animation sets...
Found 2DMap
--- EOF console.log ---

and that's it, doesn't help a lot L(
will work on it
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

your ConsoleOutput.py

Postby cieply » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:16 pm

# ConsoleOutput.py
i tried to change a little bit your code so it doesn't open and close output file every single line it writes
and can be opened with "wt" which would automatically accomplish removing old entries and not grow console.log to monstrous size
but well:
--- console:
(...)
G:\gamez\Blade of Darkness\bin
G:\gamez\Blade of Darkness\Maps\Casa
B_App::RunScriptFile() -> Error ejecutando Cfg.py
Start optimizing Astar...OK!
--- EOF console
and messagebox with "Player1 not declared in pj.py"
so it doesn't work, sorry I don't get python that well

--- cut Lib/ConsoleOutput.py ---

Code: Select all

#import Bladex import Console import sys #import os DEBUG_FILE = 1 class ConsoleOutput: softspace=0 if DEBUG_FILE: if not dbg: dbg=open("console.log","at") def write(self,message): if message is None: Console.ConsoleOutput("None") else: if DEBUG_FILE: # dbg=open("Debug.txt","at") dbg.write (message) dbg.flush() # dbg.close() ## if DEBUG_FILE: Console.ConsoleOutput(message) def flush(self): pass def InitConsole(): ConsoleOut=ConsoleOutput() if DEBUG_FILE: dbg=open("console.log","at") ## if DEBUG_FILE: sys.stderr=sys.stdout=ConsoleOut
--- EOF cut Lib/ConsoleOutput.py ---
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”