About Idea! Please Read.

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

nima207
Dragon

About Idea! Please Read.

Postby nima207 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi all, and wanna say plz put your MOD Ideas in this topic.

like me, i have some Ideas and i want to see can someone make it??!! (I never have potency to learning Modding :lol: )

1)Like Gladiator mod, but have 2 or more players deafiting the enemies ONLINE!!!

2)'' " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " "" " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " '' OFFLINE!!!

3)A new Story but playing as Enemies!!! (Something like Wizard Mod, Something)

4)New Motions add to game!!! (I hope to be possible)

5)A BIG WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (like something that ... 2 big army of good and evil fight with each other :P (And Dont Say I Am A Stupid Bastard))

6)Importing some character from other GAMES!!!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

7)I know im making you tired but wait and read (please :roll: )

8)Importing Guns in game!!! (For example Replacing bow with shotgun :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

And Thanks for reading, And i say again that im not a stupid @#$! @$!@#$!, And don't forget to reply...
If you light a lamp for someone, You lighted your path . . . :wink:

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: About Idea! Please Read.

Postby prospero » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:47 am

All been done. 8)

At least apart from multiplayer online which is not really possible without the engine source code and a genius coder. :cry:

Having huge battles isn't really viable as even with modern hardware anything more than 20 chars in view at a time with cause big slowdowns. And that's without external light shadows. I have done mods (Dwarf Wars) where there is a respawn system so you get a lot of enemies (done 300+) but not all at the same time. That's about as good as it gets with the standard engine.

nima207
Dragon

Postby nima207 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:30 am

Owww... So.... I get it, and you're right; for example in other engines, textures and characters when you get far has low quality, and

YES, damn codes!

But really, isn't there any way to importing characters from other games??!! And Thanks For Help.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:39 pm

If you have a .max file with the basic textured mesh, then it can be done. Thanks to TPs sterling efforts it's relatively simple. I say relatively. It's still quite complicated. I've done 100's of NWN characters. They suit BOD very well as they are very economical on the polygons and that's the key factor. There are other models I've tried which are far too detailed and cause the game to crash when they come into view.

nima207
Dragon

Postby nima207 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:01 pm

ow... so why i am a fan of this game??!!!! NOTHING THAT I SAID CAN BE POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

:evil: :evil: :evil:

ah, i don't have much words. And Thanks :x

Wait Wait Wait Wait, What about new Motions??!!! I hope it can be possible. TELL ME IT IS!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:27 am

The actual process is possible and I've done it. :D Making good animations is another matter. All the RAS anims were done with motion capture facilities. Doing it manually you are never going to get a convincing motion on more ambitious stuff. Take a simple walking action. It's a lot more complex than you think. 26 nodes to manipulate per frame.

nima207
Dragon

Postby nima207 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:07 am

Thanks, but what about Fugitive IV? How is it?

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”