SDA run, diary

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

cieply
Dragon

SDA run, diary

Postby cieply » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:53 pm

I decided to make a demo, first and last time probably in my "career"

I can't compete with what has been done already so I decided to make a glitchless run without abusing a game

wish me luck
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

Re: SDA run, diary

Postby cieply » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:54 pm

there is some funny part of my work:

Zoe cannot find a route to a sword

https://archive.org/details/Blade_glitc ... e_of_Ianna

(btw dont know how to embed it so use link)
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

progress bar resize

Postby cieply » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:29 pm

in resolution/s bigger than 640x480 progress bar image (progress.jpg/progress2.jpg) is not resized but put in the center of image and progress bar is resized and put in corect place in that resized image
question is how do it differently - to resize the image not a bar that would be "automatically" in right place in biger resolutions?
but load game image is resized, isn't it?

just resizing progress.jpg results in this:

arrow shows where bar should be but is not

any ideas?

/edit (i forgot)
is it possible to remove "loading ../../blabla.bmv. " text printed by rOpengl raster during loading map?
just purely aesthetically
Last edited by cieply on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:34 pm

The default position values are set in Loadbar.py:

BAR_X=64.0
BAR_Y=425.0

but those values shouldn't need changing, as they are dynamically updated in "BarIncrement(self,n_file,text)" to suit a 640x480 image:

Code: Select all

w,h=Raster.GetSize() AdjustedRectWidth=self.RectSize[0]*w/640.0 AdjustedRectHeight=self.RectSize[1]*h/480.0 Raster.Cls(0,0,0) Raster.SetAlpha(0.8) percentage_width=percentage*self.RectSize[0] AdjustedRectX=BAR_X*w/640.0 AdjustedRectY=BAR_Y*h/480.0
The 640.0 and 480.0 are also hard-coded into "BarIncrement2(self,n_file,text)":

AdjustedRectX=BAR_X + (w-640.0) * 0.5 AdjustedRectY=BAR_Y + (h-480.0) * 0.5
So, change the 640.0 and 480.0 values to the size of your new image and that should fix it. Ideally, the image size should be retrieved dynamically (w,h = image.GetDimension() ), and loadbar position adjusted accordingly, so it would automatically work with any size of image.
Mods: http://daniel.brayforum.com/blademods

"The only solution is to solve the whole mystery, and return home as soon as possible."

cieply
Dragon

what is this mod?

Postby cieply » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:17 pm

----
I'll do it^ and check
----

do you recognise what is this mod?

or this:

I mean the one with enemy icon/s on the right side of the screen, not in the center
I just tried to do it but with no success (it didn't do what I meant and generally was ugly :( )
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

re: Re: SDA run, diary

Postby cieply » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:29 pm

thanks for LoadBar tips Sir

it works now this way: stretching picture and draws a progress bar at position and size like it was 640x480 even if it's not L)
although it works only with streched images (not centered, but I didn't bother)

def BarIncrement(self,n_file,text): (...) if back_image.ReadFromFile("Blade_progress2.jpg"): Raster.RemoveBackgroundImage() w,h=back_image.GetDimension() ##Raster.SetBackgroundImage(w,h,"RGB","Normal","Centered",back_image.GetData()) # although I've changed every appearance of this line Raster.SetBackgroundImage(w,h,"RGB","Normal","Stretch",back_image.GetData()) (...) def BarIncrement2(self,n_file,text): (...) w,h=Raster.GetSize() ##AdjustedRectWidth=self.RectSize[0] ##AdjustedRectHeight=self.RectSize[1] AdjustedRectWidth=self.RectSize[0]*w/640.0 AdjustedRectHeight=self.RectSize[1]*h/480.0 Raster.Cls(0,0,0) Raster.SetAlpha(0.8) percentage_width=percentage*self.RectSize[0] AdjustedRectX=BAR_X*w/640.0 AdjustedRectY=BAR_Y*h/480.0 ##AdjustedRectX=BAR_X + (w-640.0) * 0.5 # this is for centered image ##AdjustedRectY=BAR_Y + (h-480.0) * 0.5 (...)
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

gem/key GlowTexture -glitch (llave blanca/azul)

Postby cieply » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:52 pm

# there is a problem with 2 (of 4) gems/keys that glowing particle/texture (don't know exactly) looks like a big rhombus instead of a glowing star

question is to correct it or just remove if nothing else
I made investigation and corrected it a little bit
if anyone want's tu use it, fell free

#
in Orlok_M10

since in this map it works well I took it as a formula
@ SpKey.py

llaveazul=Bladex.CreateEntity("SHELL","LlaveAzul",25000.0, -32950.0, 69000.0, "Physic") # afaiu it creates 3D model "LlaveAzul" (...) luzllave=Bladex.CreateEntity("LuzLlaveAzul", "Entity Spot", 0.0, 0.0, 0.0) # light, this one I know already L) (...) luzllave.GlowTexture="GlowKey" # this is important, without this line it's a big white rhombus
the difference to Ice_M11 is I guess few lines above:

Bladex.ReadAlphaBitMap("../../Data/Estrellita.bmp","Estrellita") Bladex.ReadBitMap("../../Data/KeyGlow.bmp","GlowKey") Bladex.AddParticleGType("ChispaLlave","Estrellita",B_PARTICLE_GTYPE_ADD,60) (...)
although I still don't get it how it knows "Estrellita" is a mask to "GlowKey"

#
in Ice_M11

@ DefFuncs.py

def ApareceLlave(x,y,z): lg=Bladex.CreateEntity("STAR","LlaveBlanca",x,y,z) (...) luzta=Bladex.CreateEntity("LuzSTAR","Entity Spot",x,y,z) (...) luzta.GlowTexture="StarParticle" # I guess this is the problematic line
I did this:

# @$BOD/Scripts/InitParticleSystems.py: Bladex.ReadAlphaBitMap("../../Data/Estrellita2.bmp","StarParticle") #luzta.GlowTexture="StarParticle" Bladex.ReadAlphaBitMap("../../Data/Estrellita.bmp","Estrellita") Bladex.ReadBitMap("../../Data/KeyGlow.bmp","GlowKey") luzta.GlowTexture="GlowKey"
and it works

btw, can I use already loaded "StarParticle" texture to apply it as a mask to "GlowKey" ?

can it be removed totaly (it's still better than before, just a light is enough in case it didn't work after patching)
Last edited by cieply on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

mapa de letras

Postby cieply » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:55 pm

someone have "mapa de letras.bmp" with straight (no italic) letters or know how to easily create one?
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:59 pm

That particle system bug is a known issue. For some reason the bitmap that should be loaded isn't. :( Or the game can't interpret it. One of the mysteries of BOD. :roll:

Never tried creating a letter bitmap although it should be pretty simple if you use the original as a template and replace the letters to your own font. keeping them in the same positions. Though things that appear simple usually aren't. :P

cieply
Dragon

Re: particle system bug

Postby cieply » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:51 pm

> One of the mysteries of BOD
i think it's not that mig mystery but I still doesn't understand it, check this:
I correct it in Temple of Ianna map (just like I did before in Orlok and Nemrut)
but still question is:

can anyone explain why and how it works? :

visualisation:

@ Maps/Palace_M15/flechas_yo.py @@ line: 50
this doesn't work! (picture 1/left)

luzAKalaVera=Bladex.CreateEntity("Ojera","Entity Spot",18223.0, -8532.0, 73256.0) (...) luzAKalaVera.GlowTexture="MagicFlare128"
this works (picture 1/right)

luzAKalaVera=Bladex.CreateEntity("Ojera","Entity Spot",18223.0, -8532.0, 73256.0) (...) Bladex.ReadAlphaBitMap("../../Data/Flare magico 128.BMP", "MagicFlare128_") Bladex.ReadBitMap("../../Data/KeyGlow.bmp","GlowKey") luzAKalaVera.GlowTexture="GlowKey"
i guess "MagicFlare128_" is mask for "GlowKey"

and why the original doesn't work
in Scripts/InitPaticleSystem.py "MagicFlare128" is loaded as
--
Bladex.ReadAlphaBitMap("../../Data/Flare magico 128.BMP","MagicFlare128")
--
which is essentially
Bladex.ReadAlphaBitMap("../../Data/Flare magico 128.BMP", "MagicFlare128")

i don't get it.

# and somewhat funny thing - when
luzBKalaVera.GlowTexture="MagicFlare128_"
then it looks like picture 2

Last edited by cieply on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

mapa de letras

Postby cieply » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:54 pm

scorer bitmap fonts with some improvements:

standard 'mapa de letras.bmp' with correcter letters used in scorer ( L,e,l )

'mapa de letras.bmp' with 12% higher digits (I did my best with '9' but still need work) and correcter letters used in scorer ( L,e,l )

just convert them to bmp (24 bpp, not 32!) and save as "$BOD/Data/Mapa de letras.bmp"
Last edited by cieply on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

Postby cieply » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:15 pm

by the way of playing with graphics I made a variation on theme:

hope you won't pull out a shotgun, PRO
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

how to repeat this cutscene cancelling

Postby cieply » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:28 pm

how to repeat this cutscene cancelling (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0m4kb7IyF8&t=0h09m11s @ 0:09:11) so the troll's door is already open (it never happened to me before but would be beneficial because could save yet another few seconds of unproductive waiting)
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”