BladeOfLight_ENB Mod

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

piltrafus
Dragon

Re: BladeOfLight_ENB Mod

Postby piltrafus » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:59 am

BLADE of LIGHT updated to v1.1

- Fixed a bug that prevented the weapon light to turn on in some cases.
- Changed the Mod loading Key to "1" and simplified the process.
- Fixed Overbright Sky in Tell HAlaf. Thanks to Prospero for the new skydome.
- Better look for the fog in Halaf and Orlok.
- More detail is preserved in the dark areas.
- Overall visual improvements in color,DOF, BLOOM, AO.

Juryiel
Hatchling

Postby Juryiel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:43 pm

I tried this mod with Windows 8.1 and unfortunately it crashes on startup (the video plays but then it crashes). I followed the steps as best as I could, gog version etc. Running on a laptop with a 770m card so it shouldn't be a pixel shader issue. Any help or things to try?

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:23 am

Let's try this,
go to the folder ..data/video and rename the video folder itself to video.bak

if this doesn't do it try to rename the file d3d9.dll in the bin folder to d3d9.dll.bak. That will turn off the new graphics. See if the game at least runs like this.

Juryiel
Hatchling

Postby Juryiel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:14 am

It looks like it might not be a mod issue. I did try all the settings in the install file before installing the mod, and the game launched, then I installed the mod and the game broke (I tried renaming the video, no help). But I think that was just a coincidence, it seems like the launcher isn't setting video settings correctly and constantly crashing when I make changes to the video settings. I don't have NT compatibility mode so I'm using Windows XP. I now unisntalled and re-installed the game, and I can't get the video settings GUI to behave properly. Are there INI instructions I can use for the mod's settings so I can test it in a more realiable way?

Juryiel
Hatchling

Postby Juryiel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:35 am

Hmm it looks like I can't set video settings / glide correctly unless compatibility is in Windows 7 mode (or maybe vista will work?) but I guess the mod doesn't run at that compatibility mode? What's best to pick if NT is not listed? Not able to set glide to work under Windows XP or earlier compatibility modes available to me.

EDIT: If I set glide up in WIndows 7 compatibility mode it works after I switch to Windows XP mode. But the mod itself still won't work. Game works if I rename the d3d9.dll though

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:17 am

I don't have windows 8 so I can only guess here.

If you are able to run the unmodded game with winxp mode then the crash is because of the mod. Try this:
rename d3d9.dll.bak to the original name. go to the enbseries.ini in the "bin" folder and switch the effects off.

[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=false

[EFFECT]
UseOriginalPostProcessing=false
EnableBloom=false
EnableLens=false
EnableAdaptation=false
EnableDepthOfField=false
EnableAmbientOcclusion=false

That will load the graphics engine but it won't use any effects. If it works then switch the previous values to =true one by one until you find what's causing the problem (keep UseOriginalPostProcessing=false always to false)

Juryiel
Hatchling

Postby Juryiel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:21 am

Turning them all to off still crashes

EDIT: It looks like using older versions of d3d9.dll from the enb site works for some effects (game loads, I'm able to turn the mod on and off and see a difference in the lighting). So now the question becomes, which d3d9.dll version can I find that will have most / all of the features , yet not crash? :)

I also read that the Injector method can be more stable, but I'm not sure how to set that up.

EDIT2: Ah looks like other DLL files don't work even if they load, it's just the weapon light that makes things look different. Sad times :(

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:43 am

Not sure what you mean about older versions. There's only one version in the enbdev site. And is the same one that comes with the Blade of Light mod: v 0.242

If you get the game to load with enb, you will get a copyright text on the top left of the screen even with all the effects off. Are you seeing that?

Juryiel
Hatchling

Postby Juryiel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:46 am

Sorry I was confusing. I meant I can get the game to load with ENB (I see copyright texts etc) from OTHER games. But those .dlls don't seem to produce the correct effects when used with your mod (not surprisingly). Using the game's intended enb crashes as usual.

I read that one reason it could be happening is this damned Optimus from nVidia which may not work with wrapper method, but injector method gets around that. How can I .... try the injector method? I don't really understand how enb works, just trying to research using forums.

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:55 am

You should have mentioned all that before.
-ENB for other games won't work.
-There's only wrapper version for Blade of Darkness (no injector)
-Nvidia optimus is incompatible with enb in general, not only for this game.

So your problem is with optimus. Nothing I can do about it I fear.
Good luck and please let us know if you solve it somehow.

Juryiel
Hatchling

Postby Juryiel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:57 am

Yeah didn't know Optimus was a thing, much less that I had it, and even much less that it was causing this :)

I'll report if I figure it out, or if it comes down to it turn Optimus off and see if it works. I guess making an Injector version is not something that is easy for me to do?

Juryiel
Hatchling

Postby Juryiel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:09 am

Alright the farthest I was able to get was to force it to run on the NVIDIA card by disabling the intel card. Still crashes and I can't turn off Optimus (no bios setting :( ). And going by other posts on the enb forum, seems like enb creator doesn't give out source either and likely busy with newer games so, I guess I'm out of luck. Now I wish I hadn't seen those beautiful screenshots and lighting. Making it hard to play the game on normal mode. Thanks for your efforts anyway.

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:34 pm

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33227/?

try this. i don't know if it works so don't ask for support here. but let us know if it solves your problem.

and always make sure you are running your games in the nvidia card.

Juryiel
Hatchling

Postby Juryiel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:37 am

Just reporting that there is no change with using that DLL. Could be something additional like Windows 8 rather than Optimus. Whatever the case, thanks for helping. On the upside I was able to find SweetFX and add some atmosphere to the indoor areas, so while nowhere near the quality of your mod, I was able to make the atmosphere quite oppressive to my liking. I haven't actually played BOD when it came out so this is my first time through, and was looking to get the best experience possible and while that didn't pan out, it looks like the second best experience will be quite good in itself :) Thanks again!

bumfightkriminal
Hatchling

Postby bumfightkriminal » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:08 am

Good day and hello! First of all I accidently saw a post abou this game after i googled for games with a similarity to dark souls, monster hunter you know the arpg stuff and i was glad after finding out there are some exceptional games in this genre from ages ago including this game. I was glad finding out there was a mod (your mod sir) that enchances the visuals so a spoiled human beeing like me could enjoy this aged game even more. Now to my question. I compared my system specs with the op (460m right?) and im in the range but cant get this game to fluient play. my specs are win7 geforce gt 545 3gb (who need 3gb anyway?) and i5 2320 2.6gh to 3.3 and 8 gb ddr5 ram (not sure maybe ddr3 doesnt matter i guess?) can someone explain me why 30 fps is nearly unreachable when im moving or better just say dude you cant play this game because one or all of components of your machine are crap? I would be glad to find out why im running on such a low performance reaching max 40 fps at places and 22 in character screen (overall 22-30 in game) Thank you kind people and thank you dev only becuse of your mod i was forced to by this game hopefully i can finish it with this mod enabled, thank you again :)! i mean this(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAoxtZsVMJY) is far cry 3 with my setup (nearly the same setup) so please tell me what i can turn off except dof and bloom (best effects)^^

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”