BladeOfLight_ENB Mod

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Zaketh
Hatchling

Re: BladeOfLight_ENB Mod

Postby Zaketh » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:33 pm

Zaketh,
are you playing with a laptop? Some posts ago somebody mentioned a problem with nvidia Optimus technology. Apparently is not compatible with ENB.
Nope, I'm not playing on a laptop. Maybe I should just try installing it on windows7.

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:44 pm

If you have the possibility to run win7 then I'll recommend it. It's what I'm using. I haven't tested it on win8 so I can help much with it.

matas55
Whelp

Postby matas55 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:47 am

Hey piltrafus

Out of curiosity I have to ask what are your plans for your wonderful mod? Are you still developing it or do you consider it done? You mentioned transparent water, high resolution textures and mipmap. And would it be possible to implement mouse support for ENB menu? No pressure, just love your mod mate 8)

If I only had the knowledge to mod I would do some ambitious and weird shit :lol: I don't even know where to start. Don't even know python syntax. I remember many years ago I tried to create a level using LED with the help of some tutorials (maybe these couldn't remember) http://blade-of-darkness.bigtruck-canad ... editor.htm
Anyway I spent entire day playing with the editor and it didn't work I rage quit and never came back :D Shows what a modder I would be :lol:

Anyway if you do release new version I think non static (default) DOF is better because it hides a lot of imperfections. I think it's a good tradeoff for a little eye strain.

BTW PC master race :lol: will be able to enjoy Dark Souls 2 on April 25. I heard that this time it will be a proper port. Really looking forward to that.

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:28 am

I'm still working on it. I have been tweaking the pixel shader code to improve looks and performance, however the changes still don't justify an update on their own. Below are the main goals for future releases:

-- Visual settings per level. The Fog levels(Orlok and Tel Halaf), The Abyss, Dal gurak tower and a few other levels would look better with their own ENB visual settings.

-- BATTLE FOCUS™ DOF: The BG will be completely out of focus during fights and back to normal when the lock-on is released. Also the camera DOF will focus on the locked enemy and follow focus on him as long as the lock-on is activated.

-- Improve controls. Introduce conventional character control like strafe and mouse freelook.

I'm not creating maps, weapons or characters. I'm mainly interested on improving the original, not new content.
I'm not working on the mouse support for the ENB ingame menu. Other visual improvements like transparent water and HD textures probably won't happen as there are technical roadblocks beyond my possibilities.

Raith
Hatchling

Postby Raith » Tue May 20, 2014 4:29 am

I posted this on the ModDB page as well, but I'll post it again here to guarantee it getting seen.

When I first loaded the mod and started a new game the blade light worked fine, I would press 1 and it would turn on/off as necessary, but upon loading a saved game it no longer works, if I start a new game it works again but even this new game's saved games has it broken afterwards. Any ideas as to what happened or is this a known issue?

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Wed May 21, 2014 3:40 am

"started a new game the blade light worked fine, I would press 1 and it would turn on/off as necessary, but upon loading a saved game it no longer works"
As it's explained in the instructions to start the mod for saved games you should open the F1 menu, press 1 and then exit the F1 menu. The "Blade of light on" message will appear. then just hit 1 any time to turn the light on or off.

Keep an eye on modDB as I'll release an update soon. Massive performance improvements among other things :)

menten
Hatchling

Postby menten » Thu May 29, 2014 4:06 pm

i have some weird black borders at the top and bottom of my screen when i play with enb

how can i get rid of them?

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Fri May 30, 2014 8:27 am

i have some weird black borders at the top and bottom of my screen when i play with enb

in the file enbeffect.fx set LETTERBOX_VIGNETTE to false:

bool LETTERBOX_VIGNETTE <
string UIName = "EnableLetterboxVignette";
> = {false};

menten
Hatchling

Postby menten » Fri May 30, 2014 10:42 am

in the file enbeffect.fx set LETTERBOX_VIGNETTE to false:

bool LETTERBOX_VIGNETTE <
string UIName = "EnableLetterboxVignette";
> = {false};
thx that worked

but why were there even black borders in the first place lol

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Fri May 30, 2014 3:14 pm

but why were there even black borders in the first place lol
So people can have fun ranting about it, of course.

Actually it's a left over from the plan I had to use a new FOV angle for the cameras to favor wider screen formats. I couldn't find a way to edit the camera FOV but the "Cinematic" Letterbox Bars where left there.

If anyone knows how to edit the FOV of Blade cameras I'll love to hear it.

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:36 pm

BLADE of LIGHT V1.5 - UPDATE
http://www.moddb.com/mods/blade-of-light

Modern Graphics upgrade for the game using ENBseries 0.242 (http://www.enbdev.com). Graphic enhancements: HDR color correction, SSAO, SSIL, BLOOM, DOF, FLARES, and other custom PIXEL SHADERS...

Blade Of Light mod. Enhanced gameplay where lighting plays a part in the strategy. Use the light bearing blades to slice your way into the heart of the Darkness. Cast a light on your weapon (or any object you are carrying) to help you explore and fight in the dark.

VIDEO GAMEPLAY

Blade of Light v 1.5 update:
- HUGE PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT!. FullHD support. No slowdowns because of blood or multiple lights.
- NEW! Nglide wrapper v1.03 (included in the mod). Increased performance.
- NEW! fully working Anisotropic texture filtering (no more texture flicker).
- NEW! Redesigned DOF with dinamic focus and Bokeh. Area between the player and the Focus Point(screen center) is always focused. (Switch to an Alternate DOF with 9+PgUp)
- NEW! Procedural HD texture enhancement. Shaders add extra texture detail in realtime.
- NEW! Sharper Bloom shader.
- Fully redesigned and improved color correction. Warmer palette. Good contrast and preserved detail in Highlight and shadow areas
- Minimal HUD. Removed Huge anoying screen overlays or minimized to the essential info on top left corner.
- New sky and improved settings for FOG maps(Orlok and TelHalaf)
- ENB effects on and off using shift+F11.

//////////////////CREDITS///////////////­/

Rebel Act Studios for the timeless masterpiece that Blade is.
ENBSeries graphic modification tool by Boris Vorontsov (http://www.enbdev.com)
BladeOfLight MOD+ENB concept, execution and settings by Piltrafus.
NGlide 3DFX to DX9 wrapper by Zeus Software(http://www.zeus-software.com)

This MOD has pixel shader code and assets borrowed from: Boris Vorontsov Matso gp65cj04 Ceejay Kyokushinoyama Unreal Warfare Prospero IndigoNeko IronLord and maybe others I guess... Thanks all.

Enhanced Blood effects and killcamera by the highly recomended Gorentity Mod:
http://gorentitymod.host-ed.me/

barev
Hatchling

Postby barev » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Excellent, big thanks to piltrafus. Haven't played the game for a long time now, will install it again and test this, then will post my experience :)

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:02 am

Barev,
thanks for your kind words. I hope you have fun. I'll be looking forward to your feedback.

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:03 am

-----------WINDOWS 8 users-----------------
-----------IMPORTANT INFO------------------

Multiple users complaining about the mod not working are using WIN8.
Is not a problem for this mod only. It seems any ENBseries modded game has problems with windows 8.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-t ... m/68508303

Apparently it may be because of missing dx9 libraries
http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/10647 ... =594738366

If you ever make it work in windows8 please let me know as there's many people interested.
Thanks

khairaoui

Postby khairaoui » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:42 pm

hi guys , i have a problem with this amazing mod , i have a GOG version so , i did all things i must to did ( nglide 640x480 , r3dfx voodoo 1-2, modification of Menu.py file ... switch to windows NT 4 ..and all those stuffs. and when i started the game it crashed and said ' blade.exe has stopped working ' please anyone help me i love this game so much i played it a thousand of times but i want to play with this mod . thaks a lot :).

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”