hit aura for shield only

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

cieply
Dragon

magic shield problem

Postby cieply » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:25 pm

I found small shortage of this code, namely Dal Gurak's magic shield does not produce hit aura when is hit with thrown Sword of Ianna
I tried to solve it but unsuccessfully
strangely enough when Dal gets hit "manually" it does produce his hit aura so I don't get it actually
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Sryml
Dragon

Re: ability aura

Postby Sryml » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:30 pm

in addition to this I tried to add ability aura and I did but it is a little bit different to trail and doesn't appeal to me because aura has no transparency like trail and colour behaves somewhat differently - it's too bright for me
it's obviously subjective
Strengthening color maybe a bit better.

Code: Select all

InflictDamageFXData['Amz_g_spear26kata']=(40.0, 0.2, 100, 100, 0, 0.3, None, 1.0, 1.0)

Sryml
Dragon

Re: magic shield problem

Postby Sryml » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:32 pm

I found small shortage of this code, namely Dal Gurak's magic shield does not produce hit aura when is hit with thrown Sword of Ianna
I tried to solve it but unsuccessfully
strangely enough when Dal gets hit "manually" it does produce his hit aura so I don't get it actually
:shock: Oh! Yes. I omissions it.
To fix this problem, previous code needs a little modification.
There are two parts of the code need to be modified.

(1)
Previous code:

except AttributeError: pass # add if Shielded: if InflictDamageFXData.has_key(attacker_anm) and (netgame.GetNetState() != 1): aura_size_var, aura_exp_time, r, g, b, light_intensity, sound, volume, pitch = InflictDamageFXData[attacker_anm] if not blocking_with_weapon: object= Bladex.GetEntity(me.GetInventory().GetActiveShield()) else: object= Bladex.GetEntity(me.GetInventory().GetActiveWeapon()) GenFX.InflictDamageFX(object.Name, aura_size_var, aura_exp_time, r, g, b, light_intensity, sound, volume, pitch) # add # personal magical resistance can reduce this damage
In this part of the code.
Determine conditions if Shielded: modified to if Shielded and (not thrown_flag):

(2)
Previous code:

effective_damage= effective_damage + special_damage # add if Shielded: if weaponData and len (weaponData) > 6: for special in weaponData[6:]: if SpecialDamageFuncs.has_key(special[0]): if not blocking_with_weapon: obj_name= me.InvLeft else: obj_name= me.InvRight SpecialDamageFuncs[special[0]]("block",0,0,obj_name,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1) # add if(not Shielded) and (DamageType=="Impale" or DamageType=="Slash") and Bladex.GetBloodLevel()>0:
In this part of the code.
if not blocking_with_weapon: obj_name= me.InvLeft modified to if not blocking_with_weapon: obj_name= me.GetInventory().GetActiveShield()
else: obj_name= me.InvRight modified to else: obj_name= me.GetInventory().GetActiveWeapon()

Then the sword of Ianna is light attribute, so we need to modify the light effect process function.
Light effect function is InflictLightDamage

def InflictLightDamage (special, special_resistance, effective_damage, VictimName, AttackerName, WeaponName, DamageType, DamageZone, DamageNode, x, y, z, Shielded): # Do nothing if not activated by combo light_activated=1 if light_activated: time=Bladex.GetTime() aura=Auras.MakeAura(VictimName,0.7, (1 , 0.01, 1.0, 0, 0, 1), (), (), (2, 0.8, 0.9, 1.0, 0.6, 0.3 , 0.2, 0.6, 0.8, 0.4, 1.0)) aura.Data.AddEvent(time+0.1, (120, 1.0 , 1.0, 0, 0, 1), (), (), (2, 0.8, 0.9, 1.0, 0.6, 0.3 , 0.2, 0.6, 0.8, 0.4, 1.0)) aura.Data.AddEvent(time+0.7, (240, 0.01, 1.0, 0, 0, 1), (), (), (2, 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, 0.6, 0.4 , 0.0, 0.2, 0.8, 0.4, 0.5)) # modify if special=="block": prtl=Bladex.CreateEntity(aura.Name+"Particles", "Entity Particle System Dobj", 0, 0, 0) prtl.ObjectName=VictimName else: prtl=Bladex.CreateEntity(aura.Name+"Particles", "Entity Particle System Dperson", 0, 0, 0) prtl.PersonName=VictimName prtl.ParticleType="BrillosBladeSword" prtl.PPS=200 prtl.Velocity=0.0, 0.0, 0.0 prtl.NormalVelocity=5.0 prtl.RandomVelocity=0.0 prtl.YGravity=0.0 prtl.Friction=0.01 prtl.FollowFactor=0.0 prtl.Time2Live=8 prtl.DeathTime=Bladex.GetTime()+0.4 if special=="block": return # modify special_damage= special[1]*(1.0-special_resistance) if special_damage>0: victim= Bladex.GetEntity(VictimName) if victim and victim.Person and victim.Data: victim.Data.LastDamageType= special[0] return special_damage return 0.0
Only annotate "modify" that part is my modify. :lol:

Here the effect is my modification.

cieply
Dragon

Postby cieply » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: ability aura colour
Strengthening color maybe a bit better.
you were right - stronger colour looks better, that's true
but it's also more intensive, which I wanted to avoid actually

unfortunately aura can not have transparency set
this one cannot be solved that easily L(

----
Re: Dal's magic shield missing aura

I have to say you are good!
I wouldn't be able to do that although I tried modify almost every single line of your code in order to understand how it works

one thing intrigues me - what causes creation of the aura sphere in these modifications (when Dal is hit) which in original is invisible
I really tried to understand it but to me it looks like it has no real reason because you use exactly same code to create all graphical effects, just conditions are little bit different
Last edited by cieply on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

recording

Postby cieply » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:29 pm

btw, what do you use to record films? what program, what raster and stuff...
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Sryml
Dragon

Re: ability aura colour

Postby Sryml » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Hey! :D
I found the transparency settings of aura. In fact, it's valid.
In the "Damage.py" file, called function "GenFX.InflictDamageFX" to produce aura when the combo hit enemy.
So we open the "GenFX.py" file to see how it works.

Here will create an entity "Entity Aura". First, look it all the parameters. For example:

aura=Bladex.CreateEntity("Aura_test", "Entity Aura", 0, 0, 0) aura.SetAuraParams(250, 1.0, 1.0, 0, 0, 0) # (Size, Alpha, ColorIntensity, HideFrontFaces, HideBackFaces, AdditiveMode) aura.SetAuraGradient(2, 0.8, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.0 , 0.4, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.6) # (Margin, r, g, b, alpha, InitMarginDistance, r, g, b, alpha, EndMarginDistance)
There are three "Alpha" parameter. Keep in mind that an aura can have two colors. So looking at it from a different direction is not the same.

Then the second line of the "Alpha" is the overall transparency.
The third line has two "Alpha", they are transparency of a first color and a second color.

An! Some parameters of aura I don't understand. :(

Now, look the function "GenFX.InflictDamageFX", it's a bit different.
It is call the function "Auras.MakeAura" to make aura dynamic presentation. This may seem very complicated. :(

But our purpose is to change the transparency. So look at 699 line, 700 line and 701 line.
Each line has all the parameters of aura.

aura=Auras.MakeAura(VictimName,aura_exp_time, (1 , 0.01, 1.0, 0, 0, 1), (), (), (2, r1, g1, b1, 0.6, 0.3 , ar, ag, ab, 0.4, 1.0)) aura.Data.AddEvent(time+aura_exp_time/4.0 , (2.0*aura_size_var/3.0, 1.0 , 1.0, 0, 0, 1), (), (), (2, r1, g1, b1, 0.6, 0.3 , ar, ag, ab, 0.4, 1.0)) aura.Data.AddEvent(time+aura_exp_time , (aura_size_var , 0.01, 1.0, 0, 0, 1), (), (), (2, ar, ag, ab, 0.6, 0.4 , r2, g2, b2, 0.4, 0.5))
Maybe mark the parameters would be more clearly.
=>

aura=Auras.MakeAura(VictimName,aura_exp_time, (SetAuraParams), (), (), (SetAuraGradient)) aura.Data.AddEvent(time+aura_exp_time/4.0 , (SetAuraParams), (), (), (SetAuraGradient)) aura.Data.AddEvent(time+aura_exp_time , (SetAuraParams), (), (), (SetAuraGradient))
You just need to correspond comment to modify.
BTW, this modification transparent way perhaps relatively inefficient.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Write a new function? Ah! I think this is feasible. :wink:

Sryml
Dragon

Re: Dal's magic shield missing aura

Postby Sryml » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:14 pm

one thing intrigues me - what causes creation of the aura sphere in these modifications (when Dal is hit) which in original is invisible
I really tried to understand it but to me it looks like it has no real reason because you use exactly same code to create all graphical effects, just conditions are little bit different
The key is the sword of Ianna to throw.
The previous code, the variable "attacker_anm" to assignment is in the case of "thrown_flag" not true.
But the sword of Ianna is thrown out, the variable "thrown_flag" is true, so "attacker_anm" is not defined.
Then if access "attacker_anm" will error.

But I do not understand one thing, dal's magic shield is hit particles produced is in the wrong before. So the sword of Ianna to throwing hit should generate particles. But in fact don't.

Then I hit the magic shield with other weapons, and then throw the sword of Ianan hit the magic shield, did not expect to produce a particle. :shock:

It surprised me, but perhaps it does not matter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I use the same code to create all the graphics effects, because the code of create the aura is does not distinguish types of objects. But create particles are different, so I add some conditions and codes.

Sryml
Dragon

Re: recording

Postby Sryml » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:34 pm

btw, what do you use to record films? what program, what raster and stuff...
I use Fraps to record a game video, and then through MediaCoder transcoding, cutting, reduce fps and final use photoshop to edit and export.

cieply
Dragon

Re: re: recording

Postby cieply » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:34 pm

for me personally fraps is not good, I don' t like it because of its lossless codec which in reality is not the solution, it’s the problem - it generates enormous amount of data that in higher resolutions are insuperable problem - they simply take more cpu/memory/drive time than computer can cope
IMO using codecs like bandicam or bbflashback do is much better - today's computers are fast enough to be able to code these data on the fly and they do that faster than hard drive bandwidth that is choked by uncompressed codecs

but has one great feature - is bright, which on my computer is big thing because ogl raster is very dark anyway and in other recorders it's simply pitch black

I just hoped you may find something different

sorry for digression
I'm still looking for something better
Last edited by cieply on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

Re: Dal's magic shield aura

Postby cieply » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:42 pm

It surprised me, but perhaps it does not matter.
one of those Blade mysteries...
but we used to L))
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Sryml
Dragon

Re: re: recording

Postby Sryml » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:33 pm

for me personally fraps is not good, I don' t like it because of its lossless codec which in reality is not the solution, it’s the problem - it generates enormous amount of data that in higher resolutions are insuperable problem - they simply take more cpu/memory/drive time than computer can cope
IMO using codecs like bandicam or bbflashback do is much better - today's computers are fast enough to be able to code these data on the fly and they do that faster than hard drive bandwidth that is choked by uncompressed codecs

but has one great feature - is bright, which on my computer is big thing because ogl raster is very dark anyway and in other recorders it's simply pitch black

I just hoped you may find something different

sorry for digression
I'm still looking for something better
Yes, you're right! Fraps data generates is enormous. But I've got used to it. :mrgreen:
Well! Maybe the bbflashback is good.

Ah! As for the use of OGL raster recording will be very dark, which I have the same situation. :(
But now I don't use OGL raster, maybe it's just a tool allow the blade to window. :roll:
I use r3Dfx Voodoo 1-2 raster. Although it has some flaws, but win7 system use is a little better.

BTW, I hope you can find something better. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cieply
Dragon

recording program

Postby cieply » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:58 pm

BTW, I hope you can find something better.

i hope so too

but now fraps is only one that works on my computer so...
what can I do?... :)
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Sryml
Dragon

Re: recording program

Postby Sryml » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:09 pm

but now fraps is only one that works on my computer so...
what can I do?...
I'm sorry, I also didn't find a better one. :|

cieply
Dragon

re: fraps/

Postby cieply » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:17 pm

I don't think it's the best one, but reality is that on this computer it's the only one that works
rest simply doesn't
I don't get it at all but it is the reality which I got used to
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”