Looking for a few mods

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Nexarath
Hatchling

Looking for a few mods

Postby Nexarath » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Hey guys,

So I've dusted off BoD in, ah.. light of the new Blade of Light/ENB mods and thought it's about time to check out some mods. Tried out the new combos and expert enemies mod but didn't like how invasive and unfinished it is while also being brutally tough. Still, it made me think.. so here I am with a few requests.. if there are mods already, or if not, how would one do this:

1) New combos for Amazon (I realize there are great ones in the mod I mentioned but if there was a version that doesn't nerf the amazon's dodge, doesn't toughen up the enemies and doesn't break my other mods that'd be great) - I also heard about the Deep Athena or whatever mod, but it looks like it's a) all in russian b) another invasive mod that alters the game install

2) This should be a lot easier - more blunt weapons for the barbarian. Barb is the only character I never finished BoD with cause I kept getting frustrated at his performance vs skellies and golems. Did anyone create any new barb weapons or at least place the Rhino Club on earlier maps? (though gonna be hard using it I imagine). On that note a slightly better dodge for the barb couldn't hurt, if anyone ever did that?

3) Realize this was discussed earlier but I can't seem to find a link to a working version of the mod - a mod with proper strafing.. was it ever done properly?

Thanks in advance guys :)

cieply
Dragon

Re: Looking for a few mods

Postby cieply » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:47 pm

you have lot of wishes...
have you checked BOD whislist improvements. topic: http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=1932 ?
1) New combos for Amazon (I realize there are great ones in the mod I mentioned but if there was a version that doesn't nerf the amazon's dodge, doesn't toughen up the enemies and doesn't break my other mods that'd be great) - I also heard about the Deep Athena or whatever mod, but it looks like it's a) all in russian b) another invasive mod that alters the game install
well Athena changes all game, so there are two options:
  • 1. you can make backup script to backup/restore all original files and use it every time you want to change the mod
    2. you can copy whole game to new directory, apply Athena mod and then use it as different game - it will work perfectly and you won't mess up with creating/restoring backups (this one I would recommend)
2) This should be a lot easier - more blunt weapons for the barbarian. Barb is the only character I never finished BoD with cause I kept getting frustrated at his performance vs skellies and golems. Did anyone create any new barb weapons or at least place the Rhino Club on earlier maps? (though gonna be hard using it I imagine). On that note a slightly better dodge for the barb couldn't hurt, if anyone ever did that?
I tried to do Heavy club 2-handed weapon by changing $BOD/Lib/Reference.py

Code: Select all

DefaultObjectData['Garrote2']= [OBJ_WEAPON,175, -50, 2.8, THR_SPINNING, [W_FLAG_1H,]]
to:

DefaultObjectData['Garrote2']= [OBJ_WEAPON,175, -50, 2.8, THR_SPINNING, [W_FLAG_AXE,]]
but it didn't work in Shalatuwar (Orc_M9) where the weapon exists
I got whole bunch of errors:

Traceback (innermost last): File "Cfg.py", line 10, in ? execfile("..\\..\\Scripts\BladeInit.py") File "..\..\Scripts\BladeInit.py", line 88, in ? elif not GotoMapVars.BeginLevel(): File "..\..\Scripts\GotoMapVars.py", line 354, in BeginLevel pj=RestoreMainCharState('MainChar') File "..\..\Scripts\GotoMapVars.py", line 250, in RestoreMainCharState CreateMainCharWithProps(props) File "..\..\Scripts\GotoMapVars.py", line 180, in CreateMainCharWithProps obj=CreateEntAux(i,"Weapon") File "..\..\Scripts\GotoMapVars.py", line 133, in CreateEntAux ItemTypes.ItemDefaultFuncs(obj) File "..\..\Scripts\ItemTypes.py", line 3345, in ItemDefaultFuncs Sparks.MakeShield(item.Name) File "..\..\Lib\Sparks.py", line 271, in MakeShield esc.Cone=datos_esc[5][1] IndexError: list index out of range B_App::RunScriptFile() -> Error ejecutando Cfg.py
so this is question to best coders in this forum

btw. you can put existing weapons in maps on your own - usually it is in 'armas.py' in map directory but I prefer do it this way: I create 'my-armas.py' where I put weapon/s I want to add (using console and EBrowser which is very helpful - just check readme for details) and add
execfile ("my-armas.py")
to 'cfg.py' which is in every map - this way I don't alter original file/s (except cfg.py but this is just simple script of the map as you can see) and still can do what I intend
3) Realize this was discussed earlier but I can't seem to find a link to a working version of the mod - a mod with proper strafing.. was it ever done properly?
I don't think whether there is one, only if you can find something changed in existing mod/s
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:24 pm

I tried to do Heavy club 2-handed weapon by changing $BOD/Lib/Reference.py

DefaultObjectData['Garrote2']= [OBJ_WEAPON,175, -50, 2.8, THR_SPINNING, [W_FLAG_1H,]]
to:

DefaultObjectData['Garrote2']= [OBJ_WEAPON,175, -50, 2.8, THR_SPINNING, [W_FLAG_AXE,]]
but it didn't work in Shalatuwar (Orc_M9) where the weapon exists
I got whole bunch of errors:
Because the handed weapon can use block, so you need to add some defense parameters. Like this:

to

DefaultObjectData['Garrote2']= [OBJ_WEAPON,175, -50, 2.8, THR_SPINNING, [W_FLAG_AXE,PI,2000,750,400,400,GolpeArmaEscudoMetal]]

Nexarath
Hatchling

Postby Nexarath » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Wow.. thanks for the replies guys, but I'm a complete and total newbie with modding so I'm kinda lost looking at all this. I'd need to first run Ebrowser and then add all that you've put in - how would I do this for say the first map for the barbarian? And is it possible to create new weapons? Like, say, a 2 handed version of a dwarf club that a barbarian could use, or simply a weaker rhino club that you could use early on?

cieply
Dragon

EBrowser

Postby cieply » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:48 am

in console:

import EBrowser
this is it - you can add almost any element from game - weapon, architecture, food, etc.
read README and you will find out
you may want to use patch for EBrowser: http://www.moddb.com/games/severance-bl ... rowser-v12

go to place in map you want to place weapon, create and position, then you can use 'generate script' or take any example from armas.py and put position and orientation coordinates from EBrowser

------------
ed:

change the line in Lib/Reference.py :

DefaultObjectData['Garropin']= [OBJ_WEAPON, 45, -30, 2.8, THR_SPINNING, [W_FLAG_1H,]]
to:

##DefaultObjectData['Garropin']= [OBJ_WEAPON, 45, -30, 2.8, THR_SPINNING, [W_FLAG_1H,]] DefaultObjectData['Garropin']= [OBJ_WEAPON,45, -30, 2.8, THR_SPINNING, [W_FLAG_AXE,PI,2000,750,400,400,GolpeArmaEscudoMetal]]
and test spiked club as a 2-handed axe during a game, if you experience some problems let me know, I'll try to sort it

---
about heavy club:
because of nature of the error this particular modification does I started heavy club branch thread in Level Editing: Scripting : http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/viewtop ... 161#p30161 as I guess it will be more relevant there
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

Heacy cudgel - Heavy club as 2-handed axe

Postby cieply » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Nexarath: try this mod here: cudgel-heavy_club-2h-axe.rar , instruction is in .py file
you can do the same with Spiked club (Garropin) or any other by example
Last edited by cieply on Thu May 29, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Nexarath
Hatchling

Postby Nexarath » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:27 pm

Hey, awesome, thanks, that worked! :)

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi and Welcome Nexarath.

As said, you can change virtually anything in the game. Some things are simple and some things are incredibly complicated. :P

I agree that the Barb could do with a few more big clubs. In a few maps I have done (and doing), I made custom weapons for all Player chars - sort of all-round useful ones. And built in a routine whereby they get upgraded with more hit points as they level up. So you keep your 'signature' weapon and pick up any magic ones as you go.
The problem is, that it's easy to do on a custom map as the code is all isolated from the main game. To instigate the same changes in the main game would be possible but require a lot of re-writing of code. Much more than would be desirable using a stand-alone mod.
I don't alter any source modules because when I'm working on maps. I have to work on the premise that anybody who plays the map will have the same virgin installation as me.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”