skin texture missing in game

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

cieply
Dragon

skin texture missing in game

Postby cieply » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:22 pm

recently I experience the little problem with amazon skins - in game there is no texture for skins other than basic
the proble is more enigmatic because the corresponding .mmp file are present and in right place and on top of that earlier it worked - I didn't change anything but when recently started to play with Gladiator (same with skin switcher and other mods that allow to change skin) noticed that skins appeared to have no textures
obviously I checked console but it doesn't say anything about any missing files so I have no idea where to hook to pull this investigation
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: skin texture missing in game

Postby prospero » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Not sure, but maybe if you deleted the Pak folders...... :roll:

cieply
Dragon

re: deleted pak folders

Postby cieply » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:41 pm

if the pak diectories were a problem it would happen in certain maps I guess but it happens in every single map I use and I have another "instance" of game (where I use and test texture mods, like phelios or MBK's textures) and it works there, no problem

I checked pak folders and they are where they meant to be, even if they shoud be recompiled by game anyway

the worst thing here is tha game uses first texture it can found if there is not properly defined one without giving any warning/debug information
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: skin texture missing in game

Postby prospero » Thu May 01, 2014 2:04 am

The pak folders are compiled only once when you first play the map. They contain info on map structure and textures and allow quicker loading. But they are only created on the first load of any map, so if you alter any textures or alter the map you have to force a rebuild.

There are certain weird happenings that can occur though. Sometimes textures don't seem to load properly. Particle bitmaps seem a bit prone to this. Never figured out why.

cieply
Dragon

it's not pak/ directories fault

Postby cieply » Sat May 03, 2014 3:14 pm

I checked that and didn't work
I removed $BOD/Maps/gladiator/pak/* $BOD/Maps/tower/pak/* and started new gladiator game, result: the same
same with $BOD/Maps/Ruins_M4/pak/* and new game

so it's not a reason

i'm running out of new ideas how to solve it
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

cieply
Dragon

dissapearing textures - act 2

Postby cieply » Wed May 28, 2014 4:30 pm

this time in OpenGL raster
it's annoying

1: orc's icon - it's quite often