Missing Textures

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Mazzous
Hatchling

Missing Textures

Postby Mazzous » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi everyone, i'm new on this forum.
I'm in trouble with LED editor, i hope someone can help.
I made a test map and i've runned it, but entity like torches, doors and enemies have no textures... Seems like replicate textures nearby.
How can i set this?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: Missing Textures

Postby prospero » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:58 am

Have you loaded them in the .lvl file?

Bitmaps -> ..\\..\\3dobjs\\3dobjs.mmp
Bitmaps -> ..\\..\\3dobjs\\weapons.mmp

These two files contain the textures for most of the objects and weapons. There are a few textures in other files and some maps have their own texture files so the textures on certain objects( e.g. Blocks) can be matched to stonework in the specific map.

Mazzous
Hatchling

Postby Mazzous » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Now i made it!
thanks a lot prospero!!
But i dont understand why door still remain without texture.
One side of it is perfect, the opposite is without text.
I've checked on LED and it is assigned on both sides.

Mazzous
Hatchling

Postby Mazzous » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Ok, now the door work!
Before does not work because i've made the sliding sector width equal to the wall!
Thank you anyway!

p.s. Fugitive 4??

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:09 am

Doors are quite complicated with many parameters. Easy to get one wrong. Very unusual that I do one right first time. :oops: The structure in LED is critical. For instance the sliding section has to mate with the adjacent sector (the one with the texture on) with matching vertices. If you do a double door, each side must have it's own matching outer sector front and back. You can't bridge over both side with one sector.

Door textures are also tricky. On simple doors you can usually guess to alignment. But if you want to do critical alignment it's harder. You may think - make the door without the sliding part - use OGL viewer to get the texture just right - compile and then put the sliding part in. The problem is, when the sliding section is active the texture alignment is screwed up. The only way I found was to keep tweaking until it lines up.

It's actually easier to make the doors as objects and make them Dynamic like gates. You can have them swinging then. 8)

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”