Play the Chaos Knight

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Play the Chaos Knight

Postby prospero » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:58 pm

http://prospero.powweb.com/bladestuff/m ... ghtMap.zip

This is the Chaos Knight map that I mentioned on another topic.

My website is being a bit strange at the mo, but I think that link is OK. :roll:

Not much gameplay in it. Walk up the bridge and lots of enemies will across come and attack you. You have a few black knights to help you.

Press kb 1/2/3/4 to enable hunter-seeker balls. kb 0 to disable. With the balls enabled you automatically use melee attacks if an enemy is within striking distance. If they are further away a ball is launched and will seek a locked on enemy, or if no lock will seek nearest. The numbers select different damages.
In ball mode you can toggle the range with the 8 key. On long range the ball will go high and 'look' for enemies. Handy for archers on high walls. Press 9 and you select multi-balls. The ball will go so far and split and seek any number of enemies it 'sees'. In this mode the damage is also divided by the number of balls.
Press Backspace to trigger flamethrower. There is a slider on the HUD that displays the fuel level. You can top this up by drinking the fuel cans on the wall to the right.

I've left the .mp with all the compiler files in. The inside of the castle is not in a finished state. Feel free to build bits on and alter it around. :P

I gave it a quick run though before uploading and everything seemed to work although it did crash after a while. That could just be a graphical thing on my PC.

Vortex
Hatchling

Re: Play the Chaos Knight

Postby Vortex » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi Prospero :) I Already play in your new mod ChaosKnight; Great Work :D

Magic Attack with balls it's very well, i like Multiple balls (great idea)

I have a question: Can you create Demo Map With Little Demon as player? It's will be great. Little Demon has spry animation, and i think some attack and magic attack from Great Demon could yo put on Little Demon :D

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:14 pm

I replied on this thread yesterday, but the post seems to have vanished. :?

Anyway, glad the thing actually loads.

Quite possible to do the Little Demon player, but his animations are limited and he won't use anims from any other race.

Thordrek
Whelp

Postby Thordrek » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:09 am

Great Prospero!! :)

I already download it, now I´m a little busy in the work, but when I have time I will play it, thank you :D
Under the Mountain dark and tall
The King has come unto his hall!

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:37 pm

Sorry for the grief. :oops:

Install the 'Allies' mod and all should be well. :D And many thanks for posting the console log.

The mod should be plug'n'play and apart from the glitch the hard part - loading the new races - seems to have worked OK.

Any further fails, please shout up. :P

Ianna Keeper
Dragon

Postby Ianna Keeper » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:47 pm

This sounds extremely fun! I'll let the evil win this time. 8)

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:31 pm

There are many unfinished parts. If you stay on the bridge you should be OK. It's only a demo, so there may be graphical issues in the actual map structure. I also got carried away with other stuff like the Dwarfs climbing over the bridge parapet.

I forget quite how the balls are supposed to work. :oops: I think they are set to work only if a viable target is available and only if there are no enemies within melee combat range. If you select multi-balls, the ball goes a certain distance and then splits up according to how many enemies are near. A caveat of this feature is that the damage of the single ball is also divided between them. You can toggle the range so that the ball(s) rises higher before seeking. This is good for bring down archers in high places.

I think I did a F1 screen with instructions.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”