cool Double weapon mod

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

khairaoui
Whelp

cool Double weapon mod

Postby khairaoui » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:58 pm

hi guys , can anyone help me please ?
i found an awesome mod for double weapon in a japanese website here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/xehm2 ... onTest.rar
but i really want those swords and combos in the main game 'cause it add a fantastic animation 8) so it will be very good to play the story using it .. i tried to change pj.py file of knight to barb and objs ... in order to transfer swords into main game but it crashed :x anyone have an idea ? :cry: thank you guys

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: cool Double weapon mod

Postby prospero » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:50 am

Sounds like a great idea but to implement it in the main game would need a lot of work.

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:08 pm

Oh! I didn't expect it has appeared here. It was very fast. :P

But it's just a demo, and I hope the full version will be able to switch two-hand with one-hand animation, this means that when the character's left and right hands are holding weapons will be able to make two hand and one hand combos. 8)

Add Players State: two-handed or one-handed weapon. Press the same key to make a corresponding combos according to the player's state. :roll:
But that is just an idea, I'll keep trying.

If you want to make it work in the main game, as pro said, would need a lot of work. :oops: :oops:

Here, I updated the readme file for mod "DoubleWeaponTest":
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mg7L0mc

khairaoui
Whelp

Postby khairaoui » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:47 pm

so it was you how made this awesome mod 8) you r amazing bro like prospero and MBK_MBK :D
i was trying to add those weapons in main game but it said ( trying to create a weapon that was NOT preloaded: 'DragonToothTB' ) Knowing that i add them in 3Dobjs folder :cry: any help ??

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Before you create an entity that you need to make BOD load the model file, just modify the file BodLink.list:
You can use Notepad to open it, and then add two lines at the bottom or top or other location ...(can not be inserted into the next line of each path)

Code: Select all

..\..\3dobjs\DragonToothTB.BOD DragonToothTB
The first line is path of the model, and the second line is the internal name of the model. We will use this name as the kind of entity. :P

Also, in ..\DoubleWeaponTest\3DObjs\ you need to copy the weapons texture file NewWeapons.mmp to the main game folder 3DObjs, and in the file ..\Scripts\CommonResources.py add BBLib.ReadMMP ('../. ./3dobjs/NewWeapons.mmp ') to function "Init" below.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:57 am

But it's just a demo, and I hope the full version will be able to switch two-hand with one-hand animation, this means that when the character's left and right hands are holding weapons will be able to make two hand and one hand combos. 8)
Hello Sryml, do not worry, I already done that to the main game, in my mod. :) Hehe... ;)
Tell me your email,please, and i will send to you some files and instrctions :D
I have programmed the ambidextrous weapons with another method: no shields are used, no hidden entities, the entity type is always verified in each hand. The 1H weapons can be move to booth hands. The hero can use all dual combos and all 1H atacks with one weapon or dual wepons. Well, it is true, need some corrections, but it works well.

My email is:

mbeastking@gmail.com
Loose your ghosts, because they keep suspiciously your freedom.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:09 am

Before you create an entity that you need to make BOD load the model file, just modify the file BodLink.list:
You can use Notepad to open it, and then add two lines at the bottom or top or other location ...(can not be inserted into the next line of each path)

The first line is path of the model, and the second line is the internal name of the model. We will use this name as the kind of entity. :P

Also, in ..\DoubleWeaponTest\3DObjs\ you need to copy the weapons texture file NewWeapons.mmp to the main game folder 3DObjs, and in the file ..\Scripts\CommonResources.py add BBLib.ReadMMP ('../. ./3dobjs/NewWeapons.mmp ') to function "Init" below.
Oh great ! :D
I will test it in my mod, thanks Sryml !
I really like the dual boomerang, very cool :)
I am trying to adapt it to the main game code ... but i can not get the left weapon to move properly. Well, I'll leave it for another time.
Greetings :)
Loose your ghosts, because they keep suspiciously your freedom.

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:01 am

Hello Sryml, do not worry, I already done that to the main game, in my mod. :) Hehe... ;)
I have programmed the ambidextrous weapons with another method: no shields are used, no hidden entities, the entity type is always verified in each hand. The 1H weapons can be move to booth hands. The hero can use all dual combos and all 1H atacks with one weapon or dual wepons. Well, it is true, need some corrections, but it works well.

My email is:

mbeastking@gmail.com
Yeah, I've seen your mod video, it is a dual weapon fighting. In that there seems to have been cut more animation as both hands animation, it really is great! :) :)

In my MOD can move the left-hand weapon of the character to the right-hand, and the right-hand to left-hand. That is from your ideas. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Above you say, if the hero holding 1H weapon and a shield that can still use both hands combos? :roll:
If so, then it still needs more improvement, I have been trying in this regard.

Look forward to receiving your files, my email here:
sryml@hotmail.com

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:59 am

Oh great ! :D
I will test it in my mod, thanks Sryml !
I really like the dual boomerang, very cool :)
I am trying to adapt it to the main game code ... but i can not get the left weapon to move properly. Well, I'll leave it for another time.
Greetings :)
Thanks MBK! I'm glad you like the dual boomerang. :D :D

The dual boomerang applied to the main game and the character can hold any weapon thrown boomerang, note the light of weapon, line 440 and 564, 566 in class DualBladeBoomerang of file <..\DoubleWeaponTest\NUFiles\NUItemTypes.py>, and modify name of some modules. These, I think you are already familiar with. :oops: :oops:

If you like the other magic in my mod, you can put them in your own mod, ha ha .. :lol:

For any problems using my magic, please let me know. :)
Keep trying!

khairaoui
Whelp

Postby khairaoui » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:23 am

i did every step but it doesn't work for me when i loaded the Barb_M1 just barbarian appear without life/magic bars :roll:
did i do anything wrong ? :x

khairaoui
Whelp

Postby khairaoui » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:33 am

My email is:

mbeastking@gmail.com

hi MBK_MBK i saw your mod a couple days before it's awesome man :D please can you give me your files and instructions of ur mod :oops: :roll: ? Even though not complete thanks :D

Greetings

khairaoui
Whelp

Postby khairaoui » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:35 am

i forgot my email 8) sorry :
khairaouimohamed@gmail.com

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:25 pm

This is my attempt at dual weapons. Standalone maps only and specific to character as I had to add extra anchors and make dedicated weapons :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Ld4yv ... J9P8jJdAGw

You can block with the left hand weapon as it's classed as a shield - but it does damage by having an invisible blade linked to the left hand. The visible weapon acts only as the shield. Left hand weapon is poisoned.

You can play Dorcas in DwarfWarsII where she has fire and ice swords.

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:47 pm

i did every step but it doesn't work for me when i loaded the Barb_M1 just barbarian appear without life/magic bars :roll:
did i do anything wrong ? :x
Perhaps syntax error? :roll: This line BBLib.ReadMMP ('../. ./3dobjs/NewWeapons.mmp ') is added in front of four spaces?
Like this:

BBLib.ReadMMP ('../. ./3dobjs/NewWeapons.mmp ')
Just put it in file CommonResources.py the bottom.

If the game is still wrong, you can copy the message of the console to me, just some of the messages with question mark, maybe they are at the bottom. :)

khairaoui
Whelp

Postby khairaoui » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:33 pm

hi this what was appear when i did things :

asignando funciones a eventos para FX...
CombosFX.BarCombosFX(me.Name)
Sonidos para el Barbaro creados...
:|

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”