i offer my service : 3D models and animations

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

BODnewbie2
Dragon

i offer my service : 3D models and animations

Postby BODnewbie2 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:51 am

Hi,

I can produce models and animation, but they are in .dae or .fbx . I'm looking for someone who can
do the job to convert them into the game format (via 3ds max 2.5) .

I have lots of animation for bare hands combat which can be very fun =D (spinning kick and send ennemies 10 meters away :lol: )

Harrison
Dragon

Re: i offer my service : 3D models and animations

Postby Harrison » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi, BODnewbie2

Can you give me one of your model and animation to try to convert them into the BOD-format?

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:49 pm

thanks Harrison :P ,

i dont really know how to export proprely so I did many folders. I dont have my hd with all my animations here, so i did a quick one :mrgreen:

http://dfiles.eu/files/2styixy2c

I wait for your feed-back

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:45 pm

Ok BODnewbie2, I have converted your model to 3DSMAX9 by Blender and 3DS format. Default *.dae-converter in 3DSMAX9 works incorrectly. :(
But I was not able to convert the animation. Now I try to solve this problem.

Some notes about model.

It is desirable that the models have not a very large number of polygons. For example the original BOD human models have about from 900 to 1200 polygons. There is no need to draw parts of the face, fingers and hair in great detail.

If you want that your model can use the original BOD human animation you must make the skeleton model with 25 bones looks like in R3D manual.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:57 pm

hello,

ouch, it will be difficult for me to change the number of bones. I dont do if my soft do that =/
Lets go up the stream : the software I use offer an exporter to 3ds. I give you the model (.qdm) and the plugins you need to install into 3ds max

http://dfiles.eu/files/m928v4b90

On your side, can you give me a character of BOD in .obj format ?

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi BODnewbie2,

Thanks for the help but now I've solved the problems about "*.dae" import by the ColladaMax plugin.
So you can give your models and anims in "*.dae" format.

Amazon character in "*.obj" format:

http://yadi.sk/d/bhLWni29dbTv8
(You can change the language to English by clicking the flag in bottom of page)

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Harrison,

Thanks for the .obj, but this is not really bones :s it looks more like a kind of shield.
But whatever, as long as you import my models into 3dsmax, this is not an issue :D
So, did you solve the problem of the too high number of polys , bones and objects (eyes, hair, clothes..).
Did you manage to transform it and implement the model in the game ? screenshot to see how it looks or youtube video :)

I'm working to create a whole set of fighting movements from motion capture

This game will be very great if we can include many aspect of other games : rpg, stealth, beat em up and create a complete patch putting in common all the mods : blood, blade of light, HD ... :mrgreen:

cya

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi BODnewbie2,

Thanks for the reply.
...but this is not really bones :s it looks more like a kind of shield
Yes, the "skeleton" of BOD persons is the system of the parts of the mesh, linked in a hierarchy. To adapt your model it's need to separate the mesh to some parts (as the Amazon_N for example) and linked they in hierarchy. After that it's need to move and rotate the pivots for each part of the hierarchy as in the Amazon_N "skeletal" system.
So, did you solve the problem of the too high number of polys , bones and objects (eyes, hair, clothes..).
Did you manage to transform it and implement the model in the game ? screenshot to see how it looks or youtube video :)
All that I can do is to remove unnecessary parts of the model (eyes, hair, clothes). But this is not my model and I am not 3D-artist... If you have no objections I'll make the BOD human character with "25 bones system" from your "women" model.
I'm working to create a whole set of fighting movements from motion capture

This is great but (as I posted) to use new animations on original BOD persones you must make this anims on "25 bones system". Will be better to do it on the Amazon_N "skeleton" group. If this is not done, the new animation will not play on the original characters.
I'm working currently on a task to transfer animation from one number system to the bone system with a different number of bones. But this is not a trivial task and its outcome is uncertain.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:50 pm

by now, all i can do, its produce more models and a bunch of animation (both in .dae like those i already did) . I dont really have the abilities
to understand in deep things you are used to manipulate in softs like 3ds . Hierarchy in bones, etc , etc .. its hard to understand when you dont see the thing :( I see 3 .obj you gave me, in my soft, i can just import one at a time.

Can you give me the Amazon in .dae and/or .fbx format with 25 bones ? I can make fight animation for her and/or other character :D

On my models, I tried to merge the hair, eyes and clothes to the body in the exportation but it dont seems to work :(

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Can you give me the Amazon in .dae and/or .fbx format with 25 bones?
If I understood correctly you need the "bones" system and "skin" modifier.
Here is a model:
http://yadi.sk/d/gHEmUlyWdiUD5
(You can change the language to English by clicking the flag in bottom of page)

This model were converted from original "*.BOD" file for using in Doom 3 engine. Therefore, this model is somewhat smaller than the original.

P.S. Happy New Year!

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Happy new Year Harrison !

- For the Animation, from your dae

As u can see in the image (screen.png), i have some trouble to import it in Animeeple. Its a free soft, very user-friendly , dont exist anymore but i will upload you a copy if u dont find it :wink: . So, it would be more easy to tell me if the import can finally be done than perheaps a never-ending topic.

- From your previous .obj

I can bone it, export in dae and then animated it quickly (amz_test.png rename extension to .mp4) . But its not from your 25 bones skeleton :( . My program can import .bvh skeleton. Can u give me that ? I'll try it

- In general

Would it be possible to modifiy the game to base it on .dae rather than .bod ? .. (i suppose no)

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:33 pm

heeu .. do one see my 2 attached files ?

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:54 am

the screenshot

http://dfiles.eu/files/zkvqfq96o

the 2 sec animation in video

http://dfiles.eu/files/zcswdh9y0

this is just a preview, a test, the movement should be less soft and the character a bit less meshed-up =P

Harrison
Dragon

Postby Harrison » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:42 pm

As u can see in the image (screen.png) i have some trouble to import it in Animeeple.
I think your "*.dae" importer works incorrectly. I've imported Amz_N.dae file to Blender and 3DSMAX9 back and it looks good. But (as I understand) you can use the "25-bones-system" to make animation.
but i will upload you a copy if u dont find it
Sorry, I haven't time to learn it.
- From your previous .obj...
...I can bone it, export in dae and then animated it quickly (amz_test.png rename extension to .mp4) .
The animation looks nice. :D
But its not from your 25 bones skeleton.
first method:
You can to link these parts of meshes by next hierarchy:
Center -> Chest -> Head
Chest -> R_Shoulder -> R_Arm -> R_Forearm -> R_Wrist -> R_Hand
Chest -> L_Shoulder -> L_Arm -> L_Forearm -> L_Wrist -> L_Hand
Center -> R_Ass -> R_Leg -> R_Boot -> R_Foot
Center -> L_Ass -> L_Leg -> L_Boot -> L_Foot
And work by this "25-mesh-system" as well as the "25-bones-system".

second method:
Make "25-bones-system". The pivot of each bone put to the relevant part of the mesh. Link these bones by thе same hierarchy.
Delete the mesh-system and work to "25-bones-system".

third method:
Only use "25-bones-system" from Amz_N.dae file.
My program can import .bvh skeleton. Can u give me that ? I'll try it.
No, I have "*.bvh"-converter only in Blender 2.58-a but it works incorrectly.
Would it be possible to modifiy the game to base it on .dae rather than .bod ? ..
No, there is no source code of BOD.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi Harrison,

Sorry to answer this late :(

Just notice that u forget to talk about the elbows and the wrists in your hierarchy :P

Its a bit annoying, it looks like that in BOD, theres 2 kind of bones : the regular ones like (chest,upper arms ..) and that kind of mutilation ones (wrists, knees, shoulders?) . And what about the neck ? Beheadings are in the game but theres no "neck" bone.

It looks like its a problem for Animeeple which ask for, at least, a torso - neck - head :/ . Could you create one more bone ? Because, as a neck is required (even very small) , Animeeple consider the head of the .dae as the neck.

http://www.imagesup.net/?di=414204880122

Other point, still in your .dae, even if the soft mention it : it seems invisible : the hands, the feet, the head(or the neck) and the elbows. (the wrists are visible).

If i can proprely import your 26 bones (25+1) .dae, then i could export the skeleton in .bvh to my 3d soft and attach it to any 3d character. But this imply that you could after remove the neck (or merge) from the torso or the head.

Did you succeed to convert my previous animation to "a 25 bone" one ?

See you

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”