Character accuracy?

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

laughingskull2

Character accuracy?

Postby laughingskull2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:25 am

in the Stats/CharData.py file of the game, there is a field CharAccuracy that changes with each level. What does this quality stand for?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: Character accuracy?

Postby prospero » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:22 am

As far as I can tell it's only used in bow aiming by NPCs. I think I did a few tests at one time and it's hard to tell if it has any significant effect. But if you stand still in an archer's range and get shot at there is a random factor built in somewhere as not all arrows will hit you. A nice little touch that adds realism.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:16 pm

As Harrison disappeared, can you help me in this post ? :roll:

http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=3970

I'm searching all information to create characters

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:15 pm

Making characters is quite possible if not exactly easy. I have done 100s but not for a few years. The main thing is not to get too ambitious. I've done working animations and they work fine, but they are quite sedentary ones. Sitting in a chair and looking around - sitting on the floor. No backflips or anything like that. Fact is, to get realistic action animations you need a MoCap studio and all the kit to go with it. :(

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”