DOWNLOAD THE HYPERBOREAN MOD

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Re: DOWNLOAD THE HYPERBOREAN MOD

Postby MBK_MBK » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:16 am

Done.
The allies can be saved and loaded well. :mrgreen:
Loose your ghosts, because they keep suspiciously your freedom.

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:30 am

Done.
The allies can be saved and loaded well. :mrgreen:
That is a good news. I only just resolved, didn't expect you faster than me. Hahah... :D :D
I added the Actions.RemoveFromInventory Delete dwarf's inventory.

Code: Select all

def ImDeadFunc (self,EntityName): me = Bladex.GetEntity(EntityName) inv=me.GetInventory() rwp=Bladex.GetEntity(me.InvRight) lwp=Bladex.GetEntity(me.InvLeft) inv.LinkRightHand("") inv.LinkLeftHand("") if rwp: #rwp.Position=100000,100,100000# *** NO ES NECESARIO. ### # ELIMINAR EQUIPO DE MANO DERECHA. Actions.RemoveFromInventory (me, rwp, "") #Fix rwp.SubscribeToList("Pin")# rwp.RemoveFromWorld()# ### if lwp: #lwp.Position=100000,100,100000# *** NO ES NECESARIO. ### # ELIMINAR EQUIPO DE MANO IZQUIERDA. Actions.RemoveFromInventory (me, lwp, "") #Fix lwp.SubscribeToList("Pin")# lwp.RemoveFromWorld()# ### ......
Then save the game and load well. :)
Any Possibility!

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:32 am

Hello!
Thanks Sryml. :)

...There are errors in the code of ally character "Enano1". His combos not works well, it is stoping his blows and repeat the random animation... :? It is strange.

I am correcting some errors in a few files, of the combos.

Some funcs of "Enano1" and "Enano2" is mixed, that is wrong...
Some combos called not exists... :? Oh, what is that? What I done before...? :roll: sure was in a night without sleep that I was blind (or tired) and I did not want to see anything more and then I went to rest... :lol: so seems I forgot it.. :oops:

Well, let's go to correct this thing...

Darklen
Hatchling

Postby Darklen » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Okay, found some weird stuff that happened to me lol. I was on the Palace of Nejeb and well... I killed the Vampire guy on the last part of the map, then the screen gradually goes to black and... *poof*, the game crashes. Sadly, I can't provide anything else lol.

Little Edit: What's up with the sounds that the Green Orcs do when fleeing? It's so annoying and funny at the same time x_x

Little Edit 2.0: Oh, I forgot to mention I completed the map via Selecting Map and character. I think that's what caused the bug, since I completed another map the same way and it happened again. huh

Also another edit: I suddenly remembered that you named the Long Sword Masamune. I though that maybe since the Barbarian doesn't have any weapon he can reliably use to drain enemies (Except maybe for drain arrows, because Drain sword is one handed), why not make a Two handed Sword or idk, rename one and add it the drain property and name it Muramasa? I thought it would be interesting, but since I can't do it myself because I'm no modder, :p. It was just a thought anyway soo... lol (Alsoo... I might note that I haven't got past Nemrut soo... idk if there is a two handed drain weapon yet x_x)
Last edited by Darklen on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:35 am

Hello!
Thanks Sryml. :)

...There are errors in the code of ally character "Enano1". His combos not works well, it is stoping his blows and repeat the random animation... :? It is strange.

I am correcting some errors in a few files, of the combos.

Some funcs of "Enano1" and "Enano2" is mixed, that is wrong...
Some combos called not exists... :? Oh, what is that? What I done before...? :roll: sure was in a night without sleep that I was blind (or tired) and I did not want to see anything more and then I went to rest... :lol: so seems I forgot it.. :oops:

Well, let's go to correct this thing...
Oh, it's really strange, I researched all day. :? :?
I had almost given up, really. But finally I found something.

Well! I have to admit, in this regard, I always was lucky. :mrgreen: :lol:

That is the function "Sigueme"(in Ally_Def.py), you define a "TimerFunc", it repeats the execution
"me.Wuea = Reference.WUEA_ENDED".
Just remove it in "YaVoy" and "Descansa" function. :oops:

Another, after loading the game function "Sigueme" invalid. I think "TimerFunc" disappeared.
So, add this line "self.Sigueme ()" in "MagicAmulet.DalSkel.__setstate__" function may be a good way. :oops: :oops:

Code: Select all

def __setstate__(self,parm): Ally_Def.NPCAlly.__setstate__(self,parm) version=parm[0] if version==1: parms=parm[1]["DalSkel"] self.EnemyName=parms[0] self.Combatant=parms[1] self.OwnerName=parms[2] self.Replacement=parms[3] self.Sigueme() #Fix
Any Possibility!

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Hello friends :)

To Darklen:
That error, you are right, is due to the select map option. When you complete a map and the "select map and hero" option is ON, I make that the game closes and go exit. My aim was to correct another mistake, because the data of the quest are no definied, those are missing and not saved... Those data are for example the runes or the last maps visited. If you play a map from the cheat menu, and before finish it, you turn OFF the "select map" option: the next map would load but it will load with errors.
Do not worry, the select map cheat only works well to play one map and not allow to travel between maps... But I was make this cheat option to use it if the save-load not works well. Now I get to fix the save-load option; all maps it can be saved and loaded, although is not 100% sure; the code is too complex... So is better to save in a safe place, not in a middle of combat.

About the drain weapon, to barbarian:
Yes, of course, I wanted to make too a drain broadsword or a drain axe or to add more big clubs...
But I found no more weapons in the original game. I should to duplicate some weapons and add them the code. But it was not works well and I did not know why... Some day I will try to do it again.

Thank you Darklen, greetings.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks Sryml! :D :mrgreen:

Hehehe... :lol: I am sorry about the errors in the code of the magicamulet.py file... :oops: :roll: I forgot to look in there and fix this file before upload the mod.
Yes... The code of the ally amulet is wrong; it is a crap, do not worry about that, thank you very much :lol:
I am adapting and fixing this file again, and anothers files that calls those functions of there. I get some cool things: 8) :wink:

For example:
The ally amulet can summon a random hero, it can be barbarian, knight, dwarf or amazon.
Depending of the level of the ally, he could wear an light armor, or medium armor, or heavy armor.
Depending the type of the ally and his level, he (or she) uses different kinds of weapons; he could use:
- Barbarian uses broadswords or axes.
- Knight uses a one hand weapon with a shield, or he can be ambidextrous and to use two 1H weapons. He uses swords and maces.
- Dwarf is like as the knight, but the dwarf uses hammers and small axes.
- The Amazon is like as the knight too, and she can use bows and arrows. 8)

Only there is a problem... One big. The ally-heros can not to attack... :?
The four heros have too much combos, it cannot be more than 100 "addattack"... This problem make crash the Gladiator Mod too. So I am thinking, to duplicate a character, add to him all the heros combos code, and with a conditional, calls some combos depending the type of the summon ally... It is complex, but I will try.

Best regards.

Sabre

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Hey man, awesome mod.. just one thing bugs me.. you've made shields give great offensive AND defensive bonuses AND be usable by everyone.. now that's cool in theory.. however, really, it looks very out of character for the amazon and the barbarian AND if you choose not to use it you are making yourself a LOT weaker. Please think about some alternative way of balancing this so that we don't have to lug around shields despite using 2 handers on the barbarian and amazon..and I know she can use one-handers now too, but dunno, not really how I imagine that character, or how the devs did, I think.

JustAnon

Postby JustAnon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:46 pm

I do not know anything about python (and the google translator), so do not judge me please)
I tried with the tips to fix some errors in the file, but I have too meager brains. Can someone explain to me as possible, what kind of error is in Chaos Knight? For example, if the error is really in it, why at Temple of Blade (palase_M15) the "same" knight appears (and disappears) essentially the same way, but the game can be loaded without errors? Should not this error corrupted all levels with Chaos Knights? This is due to the limited abilities of the knight on ragnar_m2 or something else? I began to think of possible errors at the Ragnar.
I do not want anyone to tear off from the affairs and make answer that question, so I'll just leave this text here. Even if everyone knows about and even if over time this issue will lose its relevance ... I just want to know.

JustAnon

Postby JustAnon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:55 pm

* and i mean errors in EnemyTypes.py
sorry for great disturbing

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Hello JustAnon and thanks.

Do not worry friend, these errors in the enemies code are already fixed. (I hope it). There was in Enemytypes.py , combat.py , Enmdef.py , and more files that I do not remember well now. It quite complex to explain and sometimes the console is not 100% perfect to find the mistakes... so I am looking for weeks and months in all the code that I was changed before, trying to correct them. It is too much code... :roll:

Sorry, I have not free time now. I am busy but I am still working to finish the mod well, when I can in the weekends.
Now I have another bug that crash the game: a new parameters added to armour points and defense, there are 7 files with some conflict.

Greetings.

JustAnon

Postby JustAnon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:49 am

In that case, I will have patience and wait for the new version of this awesome mod.
And thanks for answer.

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:03 am

Hi MBK and JustAnon. :)
I disappeared for some time. About Map "Ragnar M2" loading crash, without any prompting, before I had given up.
But seeing JustAnon say, I decided to try again. :roll:

First, I replaced the entire folder "Ragnar_M2" to the original. Then save-load work well. So I think that the error in the py file.
I narrow range of possibilities, just replace the latest .py files to original, after several tests, loading still crashes. I found I was wrong, except py file what else? I tried to replace ragnar.lvl, same results.

I think the image files and .mmp files can be ignored. The last remaining "paths" folders, I did not expect mistake in there. :shock: Because they are so similar to the modification time, just different size, yes, the error file is "..\Maps\Ragnar_M2\paths\5kngt.bmc". :) :D

This file determines the enemy's patrol path, but positions seem to be invalid area. :wink:
Any Possibility!

JustAnon

Postby JustAnon » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:47 am

It works!
Great job, Sryml ! My thanks :D

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:50 pm

Greetings! :D
Thanks friends, :)

I am looking all the maps with the console, and these have many errors about the paths and invalid areas... :?
I was erased some files of paths, due to are too many enemies and some of them could to walk to the positions of others.
But, I just finish now to fix almost all the files, (remains some errors in the allies and their functions), and now the maps save-load well with the new stuff... 8) (I hope it...) :roll:

Well, here I copy-paste the final features of the V1.52 of Hyperborean mod: (Sorry, I use google translate.)

- Added Bootloader 05a and adapted the Gladiator Mod.
· Now Bootloader 05a is included in the hyperborean Difficulty Mod.
· The Mod Gladiator, now works correctly with the hyperborean Mod. The "Hyperborean Gladiator Mod" allows use the features of Gladiator Mod with the Hyperborean Difficulty Mod V1.5.2
For details, there will be one Readme.txt file, of the Hyperborean Gladiator Mod.

- Fixed bugs in the save-load option on all maps. The game should save-load well, but not recommended save-load while you're in combat. When you load a game, some errors could be corrected, (for example incorrect icons), but may be too some unknown error. (Sometimes the markers of attack and defense, do not work well, if the game is saved when you use two ambidextrous weapons. That should be corrected if you put your weapons on the back, before saving the game.)

- Fixed bugs in the code of all the characters, enemies and allies. (I hope ... is not perfect.)

- Improved the option "No load mode". Now up to 3 times verified the position of the hero, enemies and nearby allies, before reviving. If there is any enemy or ally near, they should run away. (The Allies they could cause errors, because they are still above the hero. If this happens, the allies should die and return the magic amulet.) (Sometimes this may not work 100% well ... enemies or allies, can ignore orders.)

- Fixed errors in objects.
· Now Power Potion elemental improves too the magic attacks of special weapons.
· Modified armor, now the defense of heroes and armor points are different parameters. Added objects,armor reinforcements, that reinforces the armor you already have. (Only hyperborean difficulty.) The points of armor can be better, with better reinforcements and with better armours. The defense of the hero improves when you overcome levels and ranges.
· The Amulet Magic can invoke the four heroes: Amazon, Barbarian, Dwarf and Knight. Each can carry all types of armor: light, medium and heavy. Also, the allies can use more types of weapons and be ambidextrous. Allies can make the combos of the new combat system. Depending on your level, they can make stronger attacks.
From level 1 to 25: Combos normal.
Level 26 to 50: moderate Combos.
Greater than 50 Level: Strong Combos.

- Added the four renegades heroes as enemies, in almost all maps. As allies, heroes Renegades can make the combos of the new combat system. Depending on your level, they can make more strong combos.

- Weapons and shields of the renegade allies and heroes, are removed at death and can not be used.
This prevents any mistakes when starting save-load.

- Added to the four renegades heroes to the bestiary.

- Some more corrections on various maps, due to its great difficulty ...
In some early maps were added some weapons, bows or shields ...
Heroes renegades are very difficult in high difficulties! You should to uUse the special items to defeat them.

- Corrections in the statistics of the heroes, to balance them. (I hope ... is not perfect.)
· Now the heroes have a little more life in the early levels.
· Modified the defenses of Heroes and bonuses of their armors.
· The armor penalize a percentage of the defense of the character, according to their level.
Heavy armor, penalizes more defense according to their level, but gives more points of armor.
(The Amazon has little penalty to defense according to their level, but their armor points are few.
The dwarf has more penalty to defense according to their level, but their armor points are many.)
· Fixed shields, added attack and defense parameters. The shields provide defense and penalize attack.
· Modified ranges and percentages of bonuses, experience, attack and defense. (The purpose is to balance the stats of the characters and difficulties.)

- Not allowed shields, with two hands weapons. This correction aims to balance the defenses of heroes.

- Fixed the code of damage. Now the defense of armor, shields, weapons and bonuses ranges to the defense and the attack, modify the damage properly.
The damage will never be the same, increase or decrease by 5%, ramdonly.
The damage caused marker is not 100% accurate, varies by 5%.

- Added more weapons.
Barbarian club, Vampiric Axe, vampiric Broadsword, vampiric axe, vampiric hatchet, vampiric spear, vampiric Staff, vampiric scythe ...

- Corrected the trails of the attacks.
Weak attacks will have not trails.
Skillful attacks have white trails.
Moderate trails will have yellow attacks.
Strong attacks have red contrails.

- Added help for target enemies, only to the Amazon.
While you are using a bow and arrow, click the "Select enemy" key.
The Amazon will look to the enemy that is selected in the center of the scorer.
It only works if you have more than one arrow in the quiver.
· Fixed a bug that caused a loop when an enemy is selected and there are no arrows.
However, now the "Select enemy" key does not work well, if you have no weapons in their hands.
The "Select enemy" key will not take out thh weapons, if you have them back.
Use the "take out weapons" or "Attack" button to take out the weapons and to put them in the hands.

- Improved the elemental magic attacks of the special weapons.
· The power potion allows that the magic attacks can hit around the selected victim enemies.
Its range depends on the element used.
If you do not use a power potion, magic attack only hits the selected enemy.
· The renegade heroes are immune to these magic. (I have tried to fix an error... Prevents that the magic attack can affects to the own hero.)

- Added scorer showing the armour points, penalty and defense. (Only Hyperborean difficulty.)
This scorer is updated when you find a better armour, and when you find an armour reinforcement.

That is all, floks... :mrgreen:

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”